Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Please don't get rid of the vault, it's not a chore it's something fun to do, the stabilizer fragment one is a chore.

Who doesn't like the WELCOME WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO JOKER'S ROOM OF FUN MAYHEM AND PRIZES.
    It's the best thing ever and then with seasonals is awesome too. So just for the old time sake don't, just don't get rid of it ;(
    • Like x 5
  2. Cordelia Well-Known Player

*ahem* SQUEE!

I can't wait to see what SophieFatalTV says tonight on Twitch. This is going to be fun.
    • Like x 1
  3. Panderus Senior Producer

I think there is space to bring it back once in a while with updated rewards or the seasonal versions, there is fun to be had in there, just maybe not every day on top of the other daily things you can do.
    • Like x 21
  4. Magician Dedicated Player

What about stabilizers for members? Would be nice if they upped to at least one stabilizer a day for members
    • Like x 1
  5. Kanniu Well-Known Player

The stabs are going to be in the daily log in rewards. They've probably increased the number you get daily
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All at once.
    • Like x 6
  7. Vonsharpington Level 30

LET'S GO!!!! I've Been saying changes like these need to happen for a while now! I am more than excited! And to see you guys actually listening to the community. With no combat relevancy the no content excuse no longer exists! IT'S GRIND TIME BABY! Time to expose all these newbie tryhards!!! DCUO is the only real relevant superhero MMO on the market, and in this era with the rise of superhero games and movies there's no reason this shouldn't be the number one MMO on the market! THIS IS AWESOME!
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So long story short, if someone is a member with max inv, bank and shared bank on a Monday, and the change goes in Tuesday....Tuesday afternoon they will have more +14 inv (the free +7 and member +7), +8 bank and +7 shared bank spots? Cause I have a few accounts at max already and could use the 'more'.

When you say 'full access to mail, trade' as a member benefit, does that mean mailing cash is coming back?...or does it mean that premiums are losing their ability to trade/mail? Since as of today cash is the only thing premiums can't mail or trade and no one can mail cash.
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

There are some good changes in here, but then I see that progression is gutted by stat clamping. What’s the point now? My league has an entire night devoted to getting old elite feats (usually two years old - we’re just now finishing up Metal 1). But now the gear isn’t going to matter. Those SP aren’t going to matter. League proficiencies aren’t going to matter. Mainframe isn’t going to matter. Those leveled artifacts aren’t going to matter. The new iconic system isn’t going to matter. Tuesday nights for my league are going to be off the schedule now.

And a lot more will be off the schedule. Why am I bothering with new episode gear beyond relevancy? No replays needed. No double or triple coin events needed unless you want a style. After reading this, I’m even looking at the current LPVE event and now laughing to myself. Why am I doing this? lol

Patience with progression is worthless. Putting in the work is worthless. We’re not getting those old elite feats now. You couldn’t do those feats 10 years ago? Oh well. You’re not doing them now either. Tough. Go play something else.
    • Like x 7
  10. inferno Loyal Player

Topic: Daily Log-in Rewards.

Since we still don't know on how it resets daily, I would like to add an experience from a different game. In ESO, I think their daily rewards reset every 19 hours (not sure of the exact time but I know they don't wait for the full 24 hours) The problem I encounter with this timer/system, If I had logged in at 8 p.m. to collect the reward and the following day I only had time to log in before 2 p.m. I just lost the daily reward. On top of that if I get the chance to log back in later in the day, say 11 p.m. before reset, I wouldn't be able to get my next day's reward until 6 p.m. I've often missed out good rewards because of this system.

Will the DCUO system of daily rewards login be different? Will it be like going to the Vault, wherein, you can claim it anytime of the day?

Finally, this seems a good addition to the game. I remain optimistic in how it compensates Legendary values but until we see the rewards and their value with the added game changes, I can only remain hopeful.
  11. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Honestly, I'm happy to see Vault fall to the wayside, I really barely use it anymore due to the lack of worthwhile drops in there and repetitiveness.

And am I correct in understanding that Combat Rating limits are removed, or am I misunderstanding that? One of the bummers for me about the game for the longest time has been not being able to participate in episodes after they've ended due to my characters having low CR. I'm just not much of a grinder, I find the whole process tedious and confusing still.
  12. iNuvar New Player

13. inferno Loyal Player

In a way, I agree. The Team must be confident that the daily log-in rewards is substantial enough to keep us interested retaining Legendary. I am already subbed until 4/2022. I don't see it as a loss yet because I want to support the game and keep it running. For me, I think I will wait and see. However, I do have a premium account that I am just ecstatic with the changes they are applying.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Oh thanks for this answer, sorry I asked the same question in the wrong thread before and didn't notice :D
  15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

What will happen to the Tons of Vault tickets I have saved up?
    • Like x 4
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Actually really happy that these are being removed and replaced, as long as some of those exclusive vault rewards like "movement trinket styles" (Speed Boots, Jetpack and Clinging Gloves), omac trinket and krpytonite shard are moved" perhaps to the new Fate vendor.

There's also the vault seasonal items like the Christmas Cake and Pumpkin Trinket.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds like a good idea to bring it back with seasonals :)
    • Like x 2
  18. Magician Dedicated Player

I am not sure if simply logging in to get a daily rewards is the best way to incentive players. These days I login long enough to do my stab runs. Giving me a reason to play less and be rewarded, ok
    • Like x 1
  19. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

That's completely fair! At the very least preserve the part of Mark Hamil's legendary Voice Over! Maybe in one instance somewhere in the future too?
    • Like x 3
  20. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

It depends on what the stat clamping looks like. In a Tier 6 raid, they clamp you down to Tier 6 stats, I sympathize with you. There's something to be said about progressing your character and then not being able to see how strong you've grown.

But in that Tier 6 raid, they stat clamp you down to Tier 8 stats, that feels like a reasonable middle-ground to me. The problem for many people who aren't fortunate to have a good league or friends list is that they have to PUG and end up just running through the instance while everything gets one-shotted. I introduced some friends to the game a couple years ago and experienced that, and they just lost interest in playing.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.