Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for all discussion, feedback, and questions about the membership and access level changes announced in the July 2021 Development Update!
    • Like x 4
  2. DoubleNegative New Player

These changes seem incredible across the board. One nitpicky question (that may not have an answer yet): Where is the "elsewhere" that Promethium Lockbox rewards will now be?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This may change, but likely/mostly on the new Fate vendor connected with Daily Rewards.
    • Like x 6
  4. Eve YouTuber

The Fate vendor is the Promethium Lockbox rewards or there will be unique rewards?

Also, if I missed a day from the log in rewards (Couldn't log in or whatever) I am gonna get the reward the next day? or I missed out on this for good?
    • Like x 1
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Thank you for roulettes, daily log in rewards and premium cash cap removal.
    • Like x 3
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Fate vendor will have many different things on it. Stay tuned.

Each day you log in you get the next daily reward. The first day you log in, you claim Day 1. The second day you log in, you claim Day 2.
    • Like x 11
  7. Starblast Well-Known Player

Membership needs more incentive IMO to subscribe based on what I read. It seems as thought you basically get everything you have now. The massive selling point to the member rewards IMO was the unlimited cashcap. Yes I get that you get triple rewards, replays, etc. But based on what I have read Premium is suitable. Don't get me wrong. All is else is fine but now everyone will have access to the auction hall at premium so if people unlock a gazillion Time Capsules it would just flood the AH.

I don't know...the member perks are good for free players and premium but eh....I think some of this is overkill. I mean it's great cuz i can now play and not be a member but I dunno...I can't be the only person who is a member who feels this way. Hopefully i'm jumping to conclusions but still.

BTW...Nice job on the interface and such! Much appreciated and thanks for the hard work in the regard.
    • Like x 4
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I agree with you!
    • Like x 2
  9. Arimena New Player

So here is a question, what do those of us get that already have maxed out bank, shared bank, and inventory slots get as a member reward if we have already maxed them out????? Do we get a refund of our marketplace cash or will there be something else in place that we can get???? I know that there are others besides me that would like to know.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will the Vault and Stabiliser Fragment duo still exist?
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're pretty sure missing out on that $60 value of daily login rewards will be compelling, perhaps more so once you see the system. But if not, that's fine, too. Our goal is for you to want to have it, not need to have it to have fun.
    • Like x 18
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, they will be replaced by the daily login rewards. We are factoring that into the value there.
    • Like x 11
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The maximum you can purchase stays the same. The maximum you can have increases with the increases to access level/membership.
    • Like x 4
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What will become of exclusive vault rewards?

Like OMAC trinket, Phantom Zone trinket, certain styles - also certain seasonal items particularly the autumn/Thanksgiving ones.
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

1) Is the team still open to add minor membership changes? Additional recovery for deleted items would be welcome.

2) Does the +50% bonus stack with nth metal detectors?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is the plan right now, but it may evolve over time.

The bonus does stack - in that members always get 50% bonus AND can also have an nth metal detector running for that additional, separate bonus.
    • Like x 6
  17. Eve YouTuber

Alright thank you. Can you say when we will see it on test or it will be awhile?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They will find a place, but details to be determined.
    • Like x 7
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No estimate right now.
    • Like x 1
  20. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Are most or all of these membership changes happening all at once, or will they be gradually added?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.