make it easier to report please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Little MD, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Little MD Well-Known Player

maybe i'm missing something and there's already something out there for this function but:

why can't I just go to my social menu (F4 on PC), click on a name, and then report? We all know some people like to sneak in Ls and i's to make it impossible to type it all in to report. Let us report these hackers and spammers and clean up the community a bit. Sick of seeing "selling LPVE carries" or "selling SM carries" from obvious speed hackers in LFG.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

We do need a way to report in game. Especially since EU has special letters and it makes reporting harder.
    However they just launched the new emails to report players so try sending a screenshot and explain that the name is spelled this way,
    I am pretty sure they can track them from their messages aswell.

I have trade and shout off and I wasn't really on since LPVE started, so I haven't seen this on EU myself.
    • Like x 3
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

They just recently announced improved ways to report over here.

However, I agree, that they still need to provide an easy ingame way to do this like F4. Tabbing out of the game at all is cumbersome and discourages reporting outside of the most extreme (and therefore motivating) violations.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Reporting is actually harder on console (at least ps) compared to pc. When I reported someone I took a screenshot. However I have no way of sending the screenshot to either my phone or laptop directly without needed an extra step. I either need to move the picture to a flash drive or send the screenshot as a message and then use the app to save the screenshot to my photos to then attach it to an email. And if it’s a video then forget it cause you can’t send videos through message on psn.

Maybe I’m missing something since I don’t regularly report or even send scorer shots that often. But it takes so many steps. Am in game reporting system is desperately needed
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Yeah for ps4 it can be frustrating. As for video - I think you have to have a YouTube channel and upload it as unlisted then link them.
    But if it really bothers you will take that extra step though to report the problem. I have the ps4 app, though I do not have my ps4 anymore.
    But I used to just send the pics to a friend then download it to my phone and link it to support. But that's just me, I don't mind the extra step if this is worth the trouble. But I am not against a proper reporting system in game- that could be a huge help for those who don't want to deal with this entire mess.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup that’s what I ended up doing. Sent the screenshot to a friend than used the psn app to download it to add it to the email.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m very happy that they are taking steps in the right direction to make it easier to report. But an in game option is what’s truly needed.
    • Like x 1
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Its though because the bans arent automated, which means in-game reporting would lead to abuse and overload of the system
    • Like x 1