Friends/Ignore list account wide?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Why can't our friends list be account wide? It's annoying to have to add my friends, switch toon, add friend, switch toon, add friend, etc.... Some people have 16 toons on their account. Same for ignore lists. If I want to ignore someone on one toon, I'm sure I would like to ignore them no matter what toon I'm on.

Any reason not to make friends and ignore lists account wide?
    • Like x 15
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

+1 to this, would be awesome and make alot of things better/easier
    • Like x 5
  3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I hate having to ignore the same gold bot over and over :(
    • Like x 6
  4. Kilbane Active Player

Ditto this request for the 4th time.. it's seems futile at this point but you have my thumbs up. Seems like it "should" be a simple QoL improvement to implement... but no changes in this game code appear to be simple.
    • Like x 6
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Agreed. I've upvoted quite a few of these and made a few of my own. REALLY needs to be done.
    • Like x 5
  6. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

well this idea sounds awsome :cool::cool:
    • Like x 4
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Sure
    • Like x 3
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I made a similar thread last week but I'm glad others echo this. This needs to be a QoL update sometime in the near future please and thank you Devs.
    • Like x 2
  9. Vella Well-Known Player

Also if I ignore someone it should ignore their account, not just their character.
    • Like x 4
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

This. I had to deal with some toxic player last week who kept jumping on Alts to grief me because he knew I ignored him otherwise. If my blocking was account wide I wouldn't have to deal with it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Hoping this doesn't get lost and mepps or a dev read this!!
    • Like x 2
  12. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Agree 100%. I don’t know why this wasn’t a thing already tbh.
  13. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, mepps or the devs refuse to even comment on this widely popular idea... Mepps responded to my question about lifetime memberships within 2 minutes of me posting it... but this thread they all ignore.
  14. myandria Item Storage

This has been requested and bumped many times over and I think we should have the option to ignore all characters on an account as well as a single character. It saves a lot of time and headache when you can choose between the two and when you only have to do it once.

It would be nice to be able to ignore entire leagues/single league member account-wide as well; this would prevent getting "harassed" by multiple league members if you run into issues with a league.

The issue with having an account-wide friend's list is privacy; if someone just wants to solo for a bit it can be hard to do so if your friends always know when you are online and wants to team with you. An "offline/invisible" toggle option would be needed so players can choose to complete solo missions without interruptions. I'm all for an account wide friends list but I like my privacy, too, at times.
  15. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Keep upvoting this thread guys and commenting...
  16. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

bumping this up...want a statement on this from a dev
  17. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Back when I was active, I had been asking for this @ ignore.. few years ago now Mepps replied saying it was a 'security concern'.. I assume he meant you could see other peoples chars even if they didn't want you too.

iirc, in 2013 (?) I had a group of people revenge join over and over, with 'fresh off the harvester' chars .. you can imagine when I found out how angry I & the staff were.. it was destroying the then league. We had no way to stop them.

If blocking had been account wide.. then this would have been a non issue.

I'm retired now so .. not really my concern any longer, but as you can imagine I deeply felt Mepps was protecting the wrong people and on the wrong side of that argument. As a secondary concern..

Why do I have to block gold sellers on each char?? instead of account wide?

It's dumb. 'Dumb and Dumber' levels of dumb.

It benefits everyone to be able to ignore account wide and makes it harder for Gold Sellers.
    The Devs should take note: imagine having to add to the ignore list for every char you need to log!
    It's tedious & unnecessary.

This also should have been in place for leagues.. if someone breaks the rules you should have been able to ban them (their whole account) from the league with the league hall controls. IMHO this should have been in place from the get-go.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

You can effectively reverse engineer a "sniffer" by blocking people account-wide, so im against that.
  19. SigmaAtom Committed Player

What's a "sniffer" and what does it do?

(I'm guessing it has something to do with attaining information.. but how badly? is it simply knowing the char names?)

Edit: I *just* realized.. there could be two types of account-wide blocking. If I block someone on my main, and it applies to all my other chars.. this has no security concern. I already know what all my chars are.

What I mean is.. say gold seller 'XYZ123' is blocked by my main and this also applies that 'XYZ123' is also blocked on all my other chars.. I do not have any access to any knowledge of 'XYZ123' s other chars.
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Lets say if i wanna find somebody in the hall of doom chat, ill have them blocked and ill have another player who hasn't blocked them cross check what name show up in chat, if it shows up for another player and not for me, i can now create a list of characters for a particular groups of people and pin that list of character to them.

So if i block you i can find out all your character via chat, if theirs someone to cross reference the names of a blocked player on my list.