Triple Currency and New Rewards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 16, 2021.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

We are clearly talking about 2 different things. I thought we were talking about being able to afford a 400 cost martial if a good one were to come out during triple marks week. And the answer is yes. You can buy it within a week if you really wanted it without resetting and were at 0 marks.

If the question is if you can get all the feats within the week than the answer is still yes. You buy the most expensive item on your main who will get to do the weekly stuff before the event ends. And you buy the other items on alts. Or you also have the option of saving marks and using the triple marks week to get the missing marks you need.

So yes there are ways to buy everything within the week. I’d rather have it this way than have a cool material or style be locked behind rng of time capsules. Easier to get marks to buy them directly than hope and pray you get lucky on the TCs.
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to go on Vacation. Going to be a rough couple of days getting this and Summer done.
    • Like x 1
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Week 1: 7 days triple marks = 10*3*2 (raids) + 7*3*3 (alert) + 7*2*3 (duo) + 5*7*3 (dailies) + 8*3*2 (bounties) = 60 + 63 + 42 +105 +48 = 318
    Week 2: 3 days normal marks = 10*2 + 3*3 + 3*2 +5*3 +8*2 = 66
    Total = 384 marks

And I'm not even considering you can get triple marks before the thursday reset.
    • Like x 1
  4. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Tbh, I'd rather see these new styles sell for source marks. There are far too many things that have to be done with this episodes currency without having to replay a ton of times.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They will convert to costing Source Marks when episode 43 comes along, assuming they follow the current pattern of mark conversions.
    • Like x 3
  6. Whazues Well-Known Player

so you dont like the idea of finally being able to make a proper kid flash with his cowl and hairstyle
    • Like x 1
  7. Whazues Well-Known Player

wait so you dont want to have the kid flash actual cowl for a kid flash character interesting
  8. Whazues Well-Known Player

awesome i can now have a cowl for my speedster that allows for the hair to be shown also i welcome the feats that usually comes with stuff like this it just helps give my toons more SP to build up their stats
    • Like x 1
  9. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

Thank you for the triple currency, I know a lot of league mates that will be happy with the new kid flash stuff I will also use them for some alts. Cant wait to see what the hair looks like without the cowl, the chroma is a nice material to get in game without spending money. I wish a handful of people with nothing but negative comments would just take a break from the game seems like they need it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lord Unsemont Level 30

Just started playing again... I guess perfect timing
    • Like x 1
  11. metro2k Well-Known Player

I like Junior Speedster Cowl Style, too bad most hair styles are not compatible
    • Like x 1
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I get your point, but in sure WB has options when it comes to their IP
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is the bonus from augments not tripled? or is it a bug?
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Sorry Prox, but I can't fully agree with you here. Outside of a couple packs of stabilizers when they are half price(like 3 total), I haven't spent any more real world money on TCs. By the time the next TC drops, im usually sitting at like 40 stabilizers, and I finish all of them before the next comes out. The last 2 TCs Ive only opened 15 caps just for the feat. The economy in this game makes it amazingly easy to make the money needed to buy everything from the TCs from the broker. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I would rather spend in game currency than 400 episode marks/source marks.

I do get where you're coming from with it being a vendor item helps keep people playing that episode. I think a tradable rare drop in a raid(preferably an elite) would be a better option than all the above though
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I would LOVE that too. Don't get me wrong, I love glowing stuff all day, but everyonce in a while it would be nice to just have some matte textures. *Hint* *Hint*
    • Like x 2
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In order to buy something on a broker, someone must sell it, so that someone can sell, he must receive this thing. 40 stabilizers is not enough even to get every one thing from the TC. As a result, if no one buys a TC, or farm free stabilizers on dozens of free ACCs, then your method will be available to one of a hundred ... what am I getting at? to the fact that TC are never free, it's just that in your case it's not you who pay, but someone else, but someone else has to pay so that the broker's method is available to more than a few ...
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The vendor rewards are permanent additions to the game. There is no time limit on getting them. There is no need to use replays to obtain them, ever.

Also, this thread is pretty strange.
    • Like x 14
  18. Proxystar #Perception

That's why I said real money or virtual currency, wise players want to maximise their virtual currency, yet, you're asking for more RNG items to be added so you can voluntarily spend more of your virtual currency on items that are presently being put in the vendor that you can literally just "play" the game to earn and not rely on any drop rate. What you're proposing makes zero sense and is absolutely absurd logic.

Also why should additional cosmetic rewards be put in elite? The point of these rewards are to provide additional play time rewards for all players not the elite capable minority, especially when there's already exclusive rewards in there, it's not like elite players are excluded from these rewards..

I absolutely cannot fathom on what planet you think putting bonus rewards behind an RNG element in game or worse a gambling system is better than putting it in the vendor for straight up transparent marks... With that logic Errl I can only assume you support RNG drop gear instead of vendor gear too?

It may seem daunting to earn 400 marks but it really isn't that bad and also they're additional rewards to keep the game active, it keeps all players playing not just elite players, it's about giving the DLC more life going forward, through compelling them to play, if you want the rewards day 1 then you should plan for them, I for one have 10+ characters that could have 400 marks easily for these rewards, just from casually playing them outside of my main.

if you're not in that position and even starting at 0 marks then again it's triple week, there's plenty of time, you'll get ~300 marks on this week alone and could even do so on multiple characters, notwithstanding that, this content nor the additional rewards are ever going anywhere, so where's the rush? There's nothing stopping you from playing this content into the next DLC either.

Actively encouraging people to keep playing aspects of the game is always a good thing.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, Exactly what I said in my last paragraph above... I agree :D
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It's not 4AM everywhere ;)

Also the Hairstyles and auras, usually are tradeable, so you can use the broker for those.

The materials are usually account bound, so that you'll have to earn and you could if you really wanted, easily do that in this week alone, if you don't want this material, keep the marks, wait for the next one, you don't need that 10pt feat this week either right, you're already at 625+sp, where's the rush to get that extra 200 health? :D