What do people think of this episode now it's been here a while?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KiraDanvers, Jun 16, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Still do not miss bounties even a tiny bit. I run 1 legion boss, 2 if they're burned too quick, to get the source marks on 3 toons and I hate it the entire time. I'm capped on all LLL currency but sources are sources so I'll suffer thru.

As far as this dlc, yeah a tad easy but my main is well built so of course it is. My lower alts get a challenge. Op piece was quick which I didn't mind at all. 4 toons running this dlc and seasonals plus time to go back and work on old feats = great in my eyes.

Only way I ever want to see bounties back is as a 1 rotation a day lock out. Can still have counter feats attached and some drops if people want to spam them but make it so if you run once a day for the life of the dlc, then the feats would naturally pop. And never add any type of extra counter again. Circe and Mordrus stones were so grossly depressing.

Only gripe about this dlc, same as many, are the gen mods. I have 1 red and 1 blue to go and I'm done and I can't wait to never look at them again. Only doing for 1 toon. All 5 coin plans on 3 toons, all 10 coins on 3 toons, and then 3 25s and 3 50s on 1 toon. Taking a long time, can't imagine trying to do this on one toon. Would easily take the entire dlc but probably longer. I get that we need a grind but this ain't it. So expensive.
    • Like x 2
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm not sure if its just me or the episodes,but I've been doing a lot less in them than I used to.Now I mostly make styles.
    • Like x 2
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

No I do not miss bounty farming.
    Sure I’m only on for like an hour a day on my main and like 30 minutes for my alternates, but the bounty farming got too old.
    Sure I appreciated having the ability to buy elite jewelry without finishing the elite content. Sure I liked the idea of 2 different currencies so I could work toward multiple things at once.
    However, having to focus so much on farming kept me from other stuff in the game. There are feats from the last episode I don’t have because I did so much farming. However this new episode has given me the opportunity to make up for that on my off days because there’s no bounty farming here.
    Basically, what killed bounty farming for me was having to make the time to do at least 2 full rounds of bounties a day so I can buy 1 thing at the end of the week. That’s not including the time spent phasing to find a group large enough to get gold success rewards. If I can’t then I spend the whole day failing. Which takes longer to get the stuff.

Now that said, if the devs take time to try to improve bounties then maybe we could give it another shot. Lowering costs by like a third so it takes less farming to get the stuff needing that currency? Keep feats for defeating the bounties but remove feats attached to the gear/styles requiring that currency to purchase? That way people aren’t required to farm every day without end, it is a genuine option.
    Whatever the compromise, if we improve then it might be worth trying again.
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I’ve always spent most of my time making styles. Literally the only statue I have in our league hall is most costume changes.
    • Like x 2
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

For me it’s not so much the storytelling as the lack of a cohesive ending. The last 3 or 4 episodes I’ve found myself wondering “Ok so is it over? Did we solve the problem?” What I would like is a video sequence after the last raid telling the end of the story—with the ability to skip over it if one wants.
  6. spikeat Well-Known Player

IF I answered No to your thread before with no explanation, it was because I disliked the WW/Legion bounties so much that I didn't want to even discuss about them.

I'm going to quote your responses on why I didn't like the bounties "it feels more like an obligation than something I actually want to do and it's incredibly dull and repetitive doing the same things over and over."

For years this game has always had breaks between DLCs and that's what I like about it. I don't always have time to play and this game is arcade-like where I can have a quick play session. There are also many other great titles that are released over time and it looks like you've found something else to play. There is nothing wrong with playing more than one game at a time.

Many people have been itching to go on vacation and spend time outdoor after being cooped up in the house all day. There was a rise in population with the unforeseen pandemic and there will certainly be a dip as we work towards a slow recovery back to normal. We will have to wait a year or so to see what happens.
    • Like x 1
  7. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Nice to finally get a new duo, but generally it's just more of the same: a rehashed map with 'defeat x <enemy>' daily missions with little depth.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ok I’m a little confused than. Is the thread for what people like? Or is the thread for you to convince people that bounty spam was better? That was the whole reason I said if you like spamming open world bosses than there’s nothing stopping you.

Objectively speaking, the bounty spam was a terrible system. The idea that you had to spam bosses for hours each go to get currency so that you could get stuff for one toon. This completely hurt those who wanted to have multiple end game toons. It was just a system meant to get players to stay logged in for longer periods of time on the same character. Open world bosses itself is not a bad idea. But making them a requirement so that you ha sto buy things that you MUST have to get gear was terrible.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Seems like the OP wanted to know actually why then more so a vague answer such as just "NO".
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The why "no" should have been crystal clear from the DAILY complaints about bounty spam burnout. The OP was hoping that some of us would change our minds after some time with this Episode. Not enough time has passed for that to happen.
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it an optional burnout though? like you don't have to bounty spam but the option is there for those who enjoy it lol, I'm just saying. This episode imo is far worse towards alts but we talked about this, and I'm not sure if you understood my point before.

Also players not liking an episode is all fine and dandy, Just giving the answer "No" makes that individual look quite ignorant when it comes to communicating and being non-toxic, but giving reasons for the developers can help better content down the road.Js.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

"No" in that particular case was clear enough. No further explanation was needed since there was over 6 months of CLEAR explanations given on pretty much a daily basis. Can you understand that?

As for your assertion that this episode is bad for alts...that depends on the individual. If you're doing 15+ alts, maybe it might seem hard, not sure. All I know is that making it to the half way point, and my main toon is Full Elite with OP back and everything except the Utility Belt and Vendor Trinket. Meanwhile my 10 alts have full vendor gear and just need the accessories, which will be easily done before this week is over, with enough Marks to work towards the new vendor rewards. I accomplished this much faster than in the last two episodes, and it didn't require going around a dull circle pattern falling asleep fighting open world bosses for several hours.
    • Like x 1
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The content is ok but the story is just terrible. If they wanted to do a Batman and Flash episode fine but they definitely didn't need to waste Flashpoint on that .
    • Like x 1
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Alright thats a fair one, I guess I'll leave it as that, however I do agree it was dull but it was good on paper, maybe just maybe the next episode can give it some justice, like not being too repetitive etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Robotsidekick Active Player

game is dying bad on EU, same 20-30 players in watchtower everyday, waiting an hour for any raid below tier 10.
    • Like x 1
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

EU is fine. There is plenty of people. If queues don't pop fast enough, use LFG.

The game will be dead when the servers officially shut down.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do realize that most people in the watchtower aren’t there waiting for ques right. Most people sitting in the WT seem to be in the same place looking at people duel or just afk. In fact you don’t even have to be in the WT to que. so there are a lot of people in their bases, league halls, open world, seasonal. In fact most people probably ques up their stuff while running the open world to get those done while they do their dailies. So no you can’t base the activity level based on how many people you see standing around in the watchtower
    • Like x 4
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

Must be nice, I guess? I'm just about there, but I haven't missed any lockouts. Sometimes, the RNG can be a beast.
  19. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

The Flashpoint open world is boring as ****.

Really wish it was more active and alive like Patchwork and 31st Century Metropolis. I enjoyed the cycles of different world bosses. Having to travel from one location to another. Felt like a small...very small adventure in a tiny sandbox. Both episode's open worlds felt so epic to me. Mega battle after mega battle with different bosses on a cycle. Heroes and villains working together against major threats.

For some reason, Flashpoint Gotham does NOT feel this way to me at all. Very boring and bleh....I know my opinion may be part of the minority on the forums, but I really wish there was a way to gauge all player's opinion of Patchwork and 31st Century.

I honestly hope if the next episode gives us an open world, that it's as adventurous and exciting as Patchwork and 31st Century Metropolis.
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

My thoughts haven't really changed.

Open world: I like some of the signs but its Gotham. The only feature I like and would like to see again as it was executed here is the 100 weekly. Great weekly and works for all kinds of players.

Duo: It's OK. Elite duo is fine and gives more players access to the elite side of content.

Alert: Best content in the episode. I wasn't bothered about elite alerts but this changed my mind. Quixotic done a great job with this. Like the instances, interesting mechanics, elite alert relatively harder but doable. Certain mechanics I would like to see again in a raid (portals, Queen Diana spell/trail)

Flashtastic Voyage raid: The latter two bosses had potential but the execution wasn't there for me. Gorilla Grodd fight is a fairly solid boss fight, not overly difficult but you still have to keep an eye on mechanics and what Grodd is doing.

Flash to the Future raid: The difficulty system is interesting. The execution of the raid in this episode is in my opinion terrible and ruins the whole episode. No raid should be that short and easy to get rewards. And badly lacks any kind of design or mechanics. Redeemed slightly by the no death feats.

EU server is a ghost town at the moment, many of my friends and league mates have quit or taken breaks and I have been playing other games more recently. Doesn't take long to gear at all because of Flash to the Future, and not everyone runs content on alts. Here's hoping next episode is better.