A Community For Everyone

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lifetime Membership has only ever been available for PC.
  2. Corsair X Well-Known Player

I'm dying here, LMAO. The auto correct strikes again. I didn't even proof read my finished post, LOL
    • Like x 1
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Not a fun of anything anti cheat, also theres a ignore button if you dont like someone’s language
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Lifetime membership was PC only, but only available for limited periods of time. It was never available for PS because it cost more than PSN allowed players to have in their account.
  5. Eve YouTuber

I thought you loved me lmaooo
    • Like x 1
  6. Learnmoretalkless New Player

I don’t see how this would help if I que up for PVP and there’s a speed hacker.Meaning every time I encounter one I have to take paid time from the game to report an issue that I wasn’t dealing with on PS3 since there wasn’t any cross play

Add a cross play toggle please.That way we don’t have to deal with speed hackers in ques nor will we have to worry about reporting every single pvp speed hacker we encounter all pc users have to do is set up VPN and make a new acc.Console users have to deal with it.Making more players leave the game.PC users stand a chance against PC users.Consoles players won’t ever will.
  7. kingmonkey Active Player

Because it has always been a problem, nothing should be done to correct it? That seems like a poor strategy. If it were a bug in the code for 1 years, users would demand it be fixed. If the problem is with part of the community, it should likewise be addressed.
    • Like x 3
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I wasn't aware we had players who are emotionally under the age of six, but I shouldn't be surprised.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People who violate the rules deserve whatever happens to them when they're reported. Nobody, but nobody, is forced by someone else to violate the rules.

If you don't like it, you can ignore this game and find another that supports a pro-cheating approach.
    • Like x 2
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

A subset of a general approach to life: "murderers and thieves are fine, they've been with us forever, ignore them if you don't like it."

No.
    • Like x 2
  11. Lumpy New Player

I think this is a step in the right direction, but, still having to leave the game and try to write stuff done or do screen grabs then put it in an e-mail seems no different that the current reporting system. Sorry, but this whole thing just seems like window dressing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You do not get suspended or banned because other people report you. You get suspended or banned because *you* broke the rules. You can't get suspended or banned if you don't break the rules, no matter how many times someone else tries to report you.

I suggest strongly not taking the fruitless time to respond to standards violations with your own standards violations, and instead send us a 15 second email.

Also, reporting this behavior is entirely optional. It's not something you need to do if it isn't important to you or worth your time.
    • Like x 11
  13. Proxystar #Perception

To be fair this is a video game where people come to have fun and enjoy themselves, if someone baits you then you ignore them and you ignore the next person too.

It's a video game, not a pre school sandpit full of kids fighting with each other over buckets, throwing sand scratching each others faces.

If someone is baiting you then report them for it, it takes more courage to restrain yourself than to lash out in kind.
    • Like x 1
  14. candiFloss Active Player

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. this is one of the best pieces of news i have seen in a while. This was once a wonderful community that was a pleasure to be in, as the years have gone by it has slowly declined albeit i still love this game, lets all work together to bring back our community (friendships).
  15. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

BU HARİKA
    WONDERFUL;)
  16. Shazam Well-Known Player

Hmm...this is going to be a mixed bag...this community will report people who don't agree with them. What happens when you have two different belief systems and one reports the other for lets say hate speech or whatever. One side doesn't believe its hate speech, while the other does. How will this be decided? Will it come down to what the moderator believes? At that point the report COULD be used against different beliefs if the moderation team believes the same way, is that that a biased?
  17. myandria Item Storage

When someone gives their report information, the devs can go back to the logs to see what happened. I am sure they issue warnings to those who give false reports and multiple false report filings usually have bad consequences. I always use the "/report" function as a tag so when I send an official report, the devs can find it easier.
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

To use a shorthand phrase from US legal history, "I know it when I see it."

Welcome to life on this planet. No human is unbiased. At the end of the day, it will come down to the decision of the moderation team. There is very little in life that is absolutely objective outside of mathematics. Every individual is a bundle of neurons firing inside a vat of chemicals and will view a certain set of information in a slightly different perspective. A consensus must be reached, and that will be done inside the moderation team. If the group attempts to take into account every single player's perspective, no consensus will ever be reached, because there will always be a contingent of malcontents and n'er-do-wells being contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

If you don't like the decisions the team makes? You're free to not participate in the community they want to cultivate. You're also free to express your views in avenues you are able to access, which might not be the ones provided by a company.
    • Like x 3
  19. Shazam Well-Known Player

So as long as its what the company want its accepted, but if it goes against it, its not. That is quite a slippery slope and again will empower one said to report anything that isn't considered company accepted. We have all seen things are racist, homophobia, and flat out not acceptable in chats. Those I'm not worried about and should be dealt with. I'm more concerned with someone that may just say hey I don't agree with x or y, but then is called names, harassed, by other players for not believing in what they disagreed with. Who gets punished then? The reporter, the player who just simply disagreed, or the other players who started calling the disagreement player names? I see this quite often in Metropolis and Gotham shouts.
  20. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Sorry if this was already stated, but to which address should we report Gold Sellers? I feel like they're toxic cheaters...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.