A Community For Everyone

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POS New Player

Love this. This is something we been needing for a while.

Can you also work on Private chats? like Permissions on who can invite players to chats and give the power to kick toxic players? We try to have a nice private chat and we get toxic players who just want to cause problems.
  2. Vulpar Well-Known Player

The forum has a rule against posting other people's toon names, but this rule means that the videos or screenshots that would be removed from the forum have to be posted somewhere.

Anyway, I was hoping this would be an in game system and that it would cover the bots as well. My ignore list is almost entirely bots. I counted once. It's in the hundreds.
  3. DestiniesThirdEye New Player

Couldn't agree more - some names are seemingly hard to spell or long intentionally. Can't catch it. Most of the cheaters I've run across are speedsters they're in and out. Combine the two and you're left thinking 'who was that a**-hat?' I've had so many of my prizes stolen after a battle by super-speeders it's not funny. Some toons have a little problem lining up with that 'E' to collect. Bullies are the same, I feel like I can play the game, or I can have a pen and notepad to try to take down all these names and then spend my time after gaming to do reporting. I finally just opted for playing the game. Cheats and bullies just seem to be part of the game.

I appreciate any help mepps gives in this area, but you know, good luck with that and let me know how it works out for you.
    I gave up trying to report these creeps because of the hassle involved and they're just too good at it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain McBalls New Player

"In DCUO, you should be focused on saving the world from Super-Villains gone mad, galactic threats, and everything in between - and not on toxic, cheating, or otherwise unsafe players. With your help, we can all do better."

• My account was suspended due to "toxic behavior" which I find extremely odd because every single time I duel people in the WT, I get attacked by entire groups of players in the chat, and I usually respond to them by asking them to be polite to me next time they see me, AFTER I defeat them in duels. Anyone who refuses to duel me simply gets blocked.
    • This has happened several dozen times easily over the last year alone. I literally have every single instance recorded.
    • I have literally dozens of videos to prove this. It happens the exact same way every single time. Someone says something toxic to me, usually has something to do with the name McBalls (a nickname I have had for ten years, Mcallister being mispronounced by my geometry teacher in high school) usually in pvp arenas or legends, and I challenge that person to a duel. I win the duels about 98 percent of the time. Next thing you know there are anywhere from 6 to as many as 15 different players in the chat attacking ME, for defending myself against a toxic player who they like more or may be in a league with. For most of my time on this game (since 2011) I have not been in any league. My league now has 4 players I joined for the sole purpose of not having players ask me to join their leagues. I have never once played this game with the intention to hurt other players feelings or ruin their gaming experience, but clearly that does not matter, because after being reported by people who were literally attacking me in chat for defending myself against someone who set out to be nasty and negative towards me. I get tells, I get emails, people invite me into voice chats and say really disgusting things and my usual response is telling them to leave me alone or duel me, or a combination of both. Mepp said people get suspended for baiting, I can assure you the people who baited me did not.
    • It has come to my attention that no matter how positive I am towards other players who are being toxic towards me, if I make any attempts to defend myself against groups of people being toxic towards me then my account will be suspended. But hey all is well that ends well. I just have to find another game to play. Be well folks and good luck with your new system, it seems like a good way to get a lot of people reported really quickly. Not so sure it does anything about the toxicity of the environment. YouTube and Instagram have much better approaches to that. Either your comment simply doesnt get posted or they remind you before posting you shouldn't be saying such things.
  5. Captain McBalls New Player

Bingo. Im definitely one of those players who gets attacked constantly every time I do anything at all related to pvp. People dont like losing in pvp and sometimes they take it personally. And after 4100 hours of DCUO I have seen it all many times before. Not sure this new format is going to stop people from being toxic, especially in voice chat, or bot spamming in shout chat. Trash talk and being toxic are very different things, and when people trash talk me about 80 percent of it is done in a toxic manner. Im just going to focus on other things and move on from the game. It was so much fun while it lasted though.
  6. Sam Hatch New Player

This will be the new norm. What isn't to say that a large group of players won't abuse this through reporting one person over something as trivial as PVP drama in which the "aggressor" was really just some poor sap that defended himself with no profanity or insult said?
    Yet more reason to think that the reports are being handled by A.I.
    The lengths that some players will go to ban a player that they do not like is far and this can be a tool used for such.
  7. Knavion Level 30

Right. In a game there must be companionship and good coexistence. The game must be healthy entertainment. Greetings.
  8. Kylewilkins New Player

I'm always getting kicked from raids for one reason or another, I'm not good enough or I made a mistake.
    Will this ever change?
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You'll get there as a player and no one will want to kick. Till then, there isn't anything against kicking players or the option wouldn't be in the game. As long as they aren't doing it strictly for the purpose of causing you grief then they're just doing what's best for the group.

Not that this is the post for it, but I'm sure if you made a post in war room and described your toon and build a bit that many would help you and that would keep you from being kicked.
  10. Xooc New Player

Thank you DCUO!
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The horror. I'd report this too....
    [IMG]

I know... it was autocorrect...just had something like this pop in my head when I read it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

I literally died laughing lmao
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry to hear it....you will be missed:(

To the ghost of Zoe....
    [IMG]

It's really hard to find a Tombsone pic with just 'Zoe' on it....BTW
    • Like x 2
  14. Eve YouTuber

I've been resurrected more times than I can count lol Easy to make me laugh haha. Also the dates on that Tombstone damn
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Here you go lol.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, but my aim's improving every day! :)
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People have free will and "they did it first" isn't an excuse past age six.
  19. Whazues Well-Known Player

well when i purchased a 1 yr membership for my PC account i did not see a lifetime membership option so is that only available for PS, Xbox and Switch accounts. because if its not then you might want to update the purchase membership listings for PC because i saw as the highest membership was a 1 year membership no Lifetime. i'd love to have lifetime membership on both PC and PS4 so that away i can always open up the promethian lock boxes everytime i get them.
  20. Whazues Well-Known Player

true but they should atleast use common sense and realize that if they cheat or hack in this case that they will be found out and get reported
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.