Account hacked, questions.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Beat Active Player

I logged in DCUO on PS server a few days ago and saw that I was hacked, all my items were deleted (Artifacts, Gear, Equipment, SM items, everything), and my cash was wiped.

I submitted a ticket, is there any possible way I could recover these items?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No clue. Maybe they can role back your toon but I have no idea how that would work. Keep in contact with support and good luck.

I do however want to say one thing. I’d be more concerned if they also had access to your psn or computer. Not sure what platform you are on. I’d check all your stuff outside dcuo and make sure everything is in order. Even look over your bank statements.
    • Like x 1
  3. Heywiar Committed Player

I'm sorry this happened to you. If nothing is done about it, I may be able to give you some extra items of mine or help you farm for new gear. (If that helps at all!)
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I just saw you said you were on ps. Same with what heywiar, said. If nothing is done I can also help you get set up again. Keep the post updated if you can to let us know how it goes
  5. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Definitely down to throw in and help out as well. I couldn't imagine how I would feel if my account were hacked.
  6. Beat Active Player

I truly appreciate the consideration, Ebon Pegasus, Heywiar, and DeitySupreme.
    If possible could you send any old time capsule gear to "MyBadValentine" could be the cheapest kind possible.
    Still awaiting an answer from my ticket, hopefully they can recover atleast the last 20 items deleted.
    Thank you alot.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As DietySupreme said, assuming you were hacked on PSN, you should harden any other accounts tied to that PSN (like the email, or CC attached) especially if it's the same or any variant of you PSN PW. You should also contact your CC company and check to see if there are any recent transactions you don't recognize. Not sure anyone would benefit from buying PSN stuff, but any hacker worth his salt would keep digging once in.

Check your 'sent' mail in your mailbox on all your toons. Likely any receivers you don't recognize were sent the goods(it would take a while to move all your items hand to hand 4 at a time), and might give you a trail to follow. I'd guess DBG could also do this, but it might help in giving them somewhere to look.

Lastly if you are a league leader, you might want to find someone who is in your league you can trust to hand leadership over to temporarily. I know a friend who got hacked and while they were in control they also disbanded the league...I think that was just for evil grins though...not sure the advantage in doing it for them.
    • Like x 2
  8. Beat Active Player

Just want to let everyone know.

The GMs replied to me this morning and let me know

"This is GM Dxxxxx. Unfortunately, all item deletions are permanent. We are not able to restore items manually deleted.

Safe travels,
    Senior GM Dxxxxx
    Daybreak Games"

I'll just have to start over.
  9. Beat Active Player

And yep lol he even deleted my character, and sold my name. (had to restore my character)
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ooof....that's rough. Good luck on the rebuild. Did they let you restore you toons at least, or hit you for the $10 or whatever each?
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I'm just wondering how does your PSN account get hacked? Or was it your Daybreak account? Don't you have 2FA on?

Did they guess your password or what? Might be time to turn on 2 factor and make your accounts more secure.

Sorry to hear about your loss though.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If console it's all one account. If they get your PSN login, they have your DBG login...it would just open DCUO when you launch the client. Not true of PC (unless you use matching user/PW). PS4 at least does not have a 2 factor option that I know of. When logging in on the web, maybe...or making changes to CC or sub accounts, but on the console I only ever get prompted for a PW if I change my PW at Sony.

Not sure what happened in the OP's case, but likely if they got in his PSN account, DCUO just opened for them.
    • Like x 1
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

My god this is awful if you need anything I'll see what I can possibly send you I do have a few old time capsule gear I can send. Also Curse the MF who did that to you low down and dirty trash can.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

PS4 does have full 2FA :) when logging in on the console I also have to use the additional 2F code, it probably depends on how you've set it up. Definitely something I'd be looking into as the OP ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice. Yeah I'll have to look at that. Might be a PITA as I have more than a few accounts and they might not allow multiple accounts to use the same phone, but the primary is really all that matters.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Oh possibly yea, might need individual phones for multiple accounts, agree protect the primary.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Drippin Excellence on PS4 US server
    Add me an send a tell if u catch me on. I will help get ya back to par as well if i can