Alerts/Raids should be able to be entered solo or with less than 4 or 8

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Good vs Evil, Oct 13, 2020.

1. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

do you even read what you wirte ? if they dont react to what we tell them why we got an forum here to waste our time with usesless chats ?....you talking about taking seriously fine ell me what did we reach with tell them our problems about this game? if you may forget or dont even play anymore WE are the guys who play this game tell them whats wrong with it bcs they dont see it or dont wanna see it but you know what its ok do your game here and have fun it was NEVER a matter how you talk to this guys i started to be respect full all i get yh yh we do..... yh what they do ? you know why i react like i do not bcs i like to make there work harder im sick of empty hopes they give us ...but well there is another option i can do now i just leave this game why should i waste more time here try to show them problems report cheaters you still run around here what should i do slide on my knees PLEASE DAYBREAK DO YOU ******* WORK or what no that was my lasttime waste any time with this game bye who cares what they do
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think you need to take another 24 hour break from the game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow, you waited 8 months to formulate and add this bit of non info to a post you already replied to? Ok, Karen....you've seen the manager, please continue complaining.

Guess I wasn't that interested in 'glitching' Dox. You must have spent a lot more time figuring this all out. I'm sure purely for 'research' purposes. Seeing as very little of my post had to do with Dox or it's particular walkin, not sure why you felt the need to circle back, yet snip the entire thing out like my post was mostly about Dox. The only 'glitch' I was talking about was the game crash which happened about every 4th time you walked out the portal, which was definitely happening. Sounds like you are talking more about the 'exploits' people were using to beat the run when it was current...which no one but you mentioned. All of which were fixed by the time anyone was soloing the run. I specifically mentioned I had been walking in to solo it....that was obviously NOT referring to when it was current.

Walkins did not end at SOT either. There are 4 walkins to the WV solo added about a year ago and AF3 and AF2 also had walkins to the solos, all in their respective zones all of which seem fine. However, since we have well over 100 different pieces of on-duty content, not even including Elite and Event versions, it would just be logistically an issue. I can't even imagine where they'd jam over 100 portals into HoD on top of the already existing ones. I guess they could sprinkle them all over the zones, but as some people have issues even finding the zone teleporters, it should be interesting having them also find the walk-ins after that. Oh yeah, add to that you lose the +1 marks from WV, Legion and FP adaptive augs (they only pay out in On-Duty), and walk-ins seem like a great idea!

BTW....lest you misunderstand me....I'm all for queuing in solo(or just less than 'full')...but not using walkins to do so.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Also I would like to remind everyone that not everything can be soloed anyway but I'm sure most of you asking for teleporters have a plan for that.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Same plan as the Khandaq teleporter.... Know the content...go in with at least 3 or cry the blues when you get to the cogs. Same with Inner(or is it outer?) and FOS2. Somehow people have managed to figure out the limits/requirements of these runs without being hand-held, so let them figure out you need 4 or 5 for GOM LB, 2 for AnB, 4 for prison break(hell, most 8 man groups can't do that one), 6 for DM....etc. Isn't that still better than seeing someone shout for 40+ min in LFG "Need bodies for LnW...pst or queue up...you can leave after"? Cause guess what, cogs or no cogs, right now if there aren't 7 other people queueing up or responding to LFG....no one is getting into a LOT of our content.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

FOS2 you can warp rally to toggle both sides.
    • Like x 2
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

You are a funny guy.

I didn't realize that I actually insulted you, being that my reply was meant to inform of misinformation rather than go all out.

Seems rather confusing though being how it appears to try and switch things up...Karen?

Seems someone has a problem with a comment and trying to stop someone from responding by through unnecessary insults and accusations, but I guess it's what people do rather than to present anything of consequence towards their own argument.

Rather than to be offended why not think before responding, going ham into a response that wasn't even degrading or belittling seems rather tiresome.

Seems exhausting to always have to attack rather than to have a valid, knowledgeable thought, but it is the forums.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My point was that people had to figure out what was required. Yes, you can do that...or you can grab a 2nd person. Honestly the last time I did FOS2 solo it was when warp rally was a 5 min timer, so yeah...at this point probably not worth shouting with the short cooldown.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You had already replied 8 months ago basically saying the same thing...so yeah...that's pretty Karen activity. If I were insulted by the snip or response I'd have responded 8 months ago. It wasn't so much an 'insult' as the fat you are basically dismissing the whole post, which was 90% opinion on the change to queing and guess what....I'm entitled to my opinion..as are you. Even on the Dox 'glitch' (again, you are apparently referring to the 'exploits' people used.... I was not), I said "my understanding' was that it was shut down to fix the glitch...meaning the crashing. If we were both referring to the 'exploits' yeah...shutting down the portal would have done nothing....so why do it to fix those?

Now if you want to rebutt my opinion on how it would help or hurt the game, feel free...that's a discussion to be had as it will impact everyone...I say for the better...you (seemingly) say for the worse.

But please, feel free to snip the whole thing again and then only refer to the smallest part of the actual post that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And believe me if I felt like going 'ham', I'd have caught a 2 week vaca. Seems unnecessary...like responding to an 8 month old post with the same non relevant info.
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Like I said, a funny guy.
  11. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Yessssssssss. I’m pretty confident when I say that most of us would probably prefer you guys to work on getting this feature in the game, and rolling before even releasing the next episode. I mean most of us waited literally half a year (or more maybe?) for stats revamp, I think you guys could take a few months or however long after the upcoming release and get this into the game ASAP. We’ve been asking for this for forever.
    • Like x 1
  12. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

I don’t think it should be restricted, I think you should still be able to que alone but there should just be a warning message saying the instance needs at least “x” amount of people to be completed. The reason I say this is because even though I won’t be able to finish Kahn on my own, if I need the briefings or wanna farm collections, I can go in by myself and don’t need to bother 2 other people just to get me in. I already have trouble enough doing that for some old alerts lol and that would kinda defeat the purpose of the new system. At least imo.
    • Like x 1
  13. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

To add to that, fun fact: FOS2 can actually be soloed (I do it all the time) you just need to warp rally when you get to as far as you can go on each hallway.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You can do that already right now. There is a portal to Khandaq. :)
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, that was already stated, and I knew that...but at one point warp rally was like a 5 or even 10 min timer (long ago) and the amount of time it took didn't make sense to do (it took less time to find a body to push the buttons with you).

Either way, the point still stands....no one told us going in solo we couldn't do the cogs (or how to do the cogs w warp) we figured it out the first time we got to them and said 'oh....yeah...this part'.

This is also one of the benefits of having some sort of limited queue vs walk-in. If I queue in solo, I can then 'open instance' and maybe pick up a 2nd or 3rd person. If walk-ins are chosen for the 'fix', you cannot open...only invite.

We are in agreement though, the benefits far outweigh the potential losses. All good.
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

What about just halving the stats of everything in the raid in a special solo mode where all multi member requirements for cogs are nulled? You'd still have to be pretty OP for the outdated content to do 4 players worth of work. Ideally, the 3-5 most recent dlcs would be impossible and everything else that just kind of feels like a chore to form a party for would become possible.
  17. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Yes, that is true many cant be soloed, but most can be done with less players than 8 players for (raids) and 4 (alerts). And thats the point, at least for me, in general.
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To everyone questioning or concerned if/that his change (which to me has no downside) would negativly impact newer players the answer is obviously it wont. Gear and CR rains down from the heavens meaning they too can Q up with a random buddy in no time too and they will be getting in the random Q’s we are all trying to do short staffed anyway.
    Its fine, its a great change, its a great idea, theres no downside, only upside.
    Do NOT overthink this….
    Do NOT overcomplicate this….

When the leader of the group Q’s he/she simply checks a box letting the group Q in short handed plain an simple. Nothing crazy, no goofy stipulations, nothing more that adds to the possibility of it being broke or not working………
    For the live of all that good, why is this even a discussion? Its as if some of you are desperately trying to put doubt in the devs on this…….. just shhhh an let them do something good an needed from the game for once lol
    • Like x 2
  19. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I remember me saying if this became true i would happily return to the game;

Many raids are impossible to do without more than 1 person SO i think the SOLO route should done in phases. For example, in throne of dead first fight you need to take the essence away from Ares. The dev's need to work on away around this for the raid to be soloed.

Not all raids or alerts at once but slow progressive phases.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There is no need to complicate things. If you can't solo something...don't solo it. No need to change mechanics, people just need to know the content. If they don't know the content (and the mechanics required to beat something) they should not be soloing things. OR...when they do it and subsequently figure things out, they can shout for a filler to help out.

Nothing about the proposed change should REQUIRE you can solo things. That amount of coding would likely mean the change will never happen, meaning we'll still be stuck in LFG shouting "need 7 to queue up bla-bla easy raid...then you can leave" for 2 hours with no luck. And still, for things like ToTD Ares fight, isn't having to find only 1 other competent person to do the fight much MUCH better than having to find 7 others? Especially if you are shooting for a feat run (like no death or the Judge order). I'm not sure how many times I've gone into that run and 1 dope who won't stay away from whoever is tanking the Essence means we're never finishing things. Or you get to the judges and they overburn one to muck the Judge feat(s) up. I'd rather have a run where I can eliminate the need for filler dopes, get things done quicker, and just find the 1 or 2 (or even 3 or 4) competent players needed to get things done and get into the run.

Worst case scenario, if the change goes in, they can add a 'suggested minimum' to the description that would indicate some mechanics take place were you cannot solo things. And yes, even some of those could be misleading, because although FOS2 would have a suggested number of 2, as pointed out earlier, you CAN do it with 1. Same with spots where(if fast) you can hit 2 cogs out of 4 in a 4 cog doorway...but likely the suggested number would say 4.

Either way, the change should not be to make everything soloable...just the ability to get in less than 'full', which there is no raid in the game that has an 8 man mechanic requirement. DM is probably the highest with 6 for the LB (one for the center and 5 for the metals). MoM might also require at least 4 or 5 to walk the metals in AND agro the boss. But 75-80% of the content IS soloable, for those that really want to do it. Let's not get hung up on the handful that are NOT.
    • Like x 2