Field Medic Affinity Mod

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Drewbolt, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for answers to the exact stats on this affinity mod, and I have been unable to find them online. Does anyone know how much healing this mod is intended to do per tick and for how many ticks? I'm guessing it's a percentage of restoration and does so many ticks per 30 seconds, but I don't really know.

Sometimes I see it healing players and pets around me, but there are obvious times I don't see it healing injured people around me. I'm also sure it can crit and proc Strategist Card, but its base heals are barely worth mentioning, which leads me to my next question. Are the affinity mods similar to the tactical mods in that they haven't been scaled to current CR levels in a while?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not sure of the healing formula but if I remember correctly it ticks every 10-12 seconds and injured allies need to be within melee range to receive a heal.

You could test it with a friend or pet if you set up a heal parser in your chat box.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It actually can crit and it can trigger the strat. Funny thing is that I had it proc on someone while I was in the WT broker lol.

I’m not on atm so can tell you the exact number it gives. But I can say that it doesn’t have a long range and the tick is 1 tick every couple of seconds. Every 3 seconds maybe? I’ll have to check again. And yes I think they don’t scale similar to the gear mods but I’ll confirm it when I get on
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Is it really 10 seconds? I felt it would go off every 3-4/5 seconds. If I’m wrong I’m way off lol
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I haven't used it since 2017 so it could have been adjusted since then. The heal parser should reveal the answer.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I tried this when it came out and was completely useless. In fact, pretty much all of Type C and D mods are space wasters. It ticks for less than a hot, infrequent, and a pbaoe heal. Nothing scales for healing as even electrogenesis only ticks for 3-5k at most when people have 200k health.
    • Like x 1
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I usually like to go to doomed metropolis and stand in one of the clouds that damage you to test it. Easiest way would probably be to use robot sidekick and your parser as Lorax mentioned to measure the ticks and heal strength.
  8. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I haven't tried it lately... I also can't say that it really helps all that much for healing...
    I was really expecting to see much more HoTs, but in game play - it doesn't feel as if you are that much more powerful as a healer.
    also annoying is the invisibility.... a visual cue is nice.
    I don't have 3 eyes to look at a groups health as well as watch a chat box for heal type ticks and to who.
    They (DEVS) should align this along with everything else - and make the heals much more obvious.
    How about another color of green? or green mixed with gold? or something along those lines - so that affinity mods effects are clearly known to the player.
  9. Vella Well-Known Player

It's never actually useful in elite content, especially current elite content, in which it should be considering you need full elite gear before you could even use it.

It is neat when I'm Battle Healing RWr, and it procs. That's still few and far between.

I've had full elite on both roles for about 2 weeks now, and I've got Field Medic to proc less than 5 times.