Immortal Gear

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Jun 12, 2021.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thought about immortal gear. Gear without styles attached to them. So, rings, necklace, utility belt and trinket.

What would immortal gear be?

Gear that doesnt get "old". Gear that stays always ahead of their vendor counterparts of the newest ep and has stats like omnipotence gear to favor all roles.

This won't come cheap of course. A possible way to price those pieces of gear could be a very large amount of source marks, exo-materials and /or artifact XP (technically Quarks too).

Its important to make the price for it independent from scaling or episodes.

For example, you want to buy the "Immortal ring of Omnipotence".
    That piece of equipment is priced at 3000 Source marks 2000 Exo-materials and 50000 Artifact XP.

That way we get more long time goals for veteran players at no losses, since almost no one keeps grinding like crazy, once they acquired the style pieces for the feat from a new episode.

Thoughts?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sounds like once someone completes the immortal set they won't bother going after each episode vendor version?
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there will be just one version
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I mean once someone completes the immortal set they won't chase the regular episode rings, neck, etc?
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah. Tbf most people already dont do it unless they got spare marks over several weeks.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I disagree. But more to the point how would this immortal gear keep people logging in after they've finished the set?
    • Like x 1
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because its not for all gear pieces, there is still that.
    Because of the immense amount of costs, its not targeted at casual players anyway and these would rather just skip those.
    Another way of why its mainly targeted at veterans is, that those kind of players dont log to get the last cr and then dip until next episode. On top of that, they have (in most cases) already maxed artifacts and thus not that much of a need for source marks or art xp opposed to casual players.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no catch to your idea though other than an inflated price. For people like me who have no mark sink and plenty of Source Marks to spend, we could quickly obtain these items or purchase the Source Marks directly. If there's less episode gear for us to chase then the population would take an earlier than usual dip. That's not good for casuals.

I could also see the devs increasing the cost of episode vendor gear (chest, legs, feet, waist, head, hands, back, shoulders) to keep us logging in a few days longer.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The catch are better stats and the amount of source marks if i take my own example, would be - if all items cost the same - 15000 Source marks 10000 Exo-Materials and 250000 Art xp.

Not impossible to obtain over time (several ep's) but definitely something almost no one has "just liying around". I wouldnt recommend anyone to ever purchase Source marks, since they're way overpriced, but if youre a millionaire, go ahead. :D

The devs increasing the prices of vendor gear is always a thing that could happen, but its already draggingly slow to get all the Elite gear pieces with one character. Its actually so expensive already, that i dont care about the weapon and "possible future immortal gear rewards".
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t already go for the rings, neck, and face. In fact most the people I know get them first while getting renown and skip the regular gear and go straight for the elite gear first. Without resetting I already have all the the gear and am max cr. I also have op back. I have all my generator 40.4 mods. I also have both elite and regular style set completed. I even have 100 marks left over that I’m saving for the next update when they add more stuff. I didn’t reset. I just took advantage of the system they had in place. At this point the only reason left for me to run the stuff is to keep getting marks for when they add the next set of items and to do feats.

If I didn’t have to get accessories I’d really have no reason to go back in sooner.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Not sure about permanent OP items, but make at least part of gear roleless it's not bad idea. When you play both roles and especially on more than 1 character grind became very annoying.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's not a 'catch'. A catch is a (reasonable) drawback. You're trying to sell an idea for op gear that never gets replaced, that's too good. There needs to be some sort of balance such as ranking the pieces up each episode.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then the catch is the serious cost of these items.
    Also whats the catch to artifacts then? :D
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The catch to artifacts is lousy breakthrough chances and purchasing seals is almost mandatory.

Your idea is good but it's just too good.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The difference is, that Artifacts are available for free and get stronger with investment.
    These items wont be available unless you pay the whole thing and get the whole thing in return.

Also, once you maxed an artifact, there are no more costs or drawbacks (not that there should be lol).

Essentially, you pay up front and get exactly what you expect.
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I can see an Immortal gear being possible were you have to sacrifice a tremendous ammount of Source marks to keep it relevant, which wiil still encourage you to run content. but unlikely.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im calling BS. The episode has not been out long enough to have max elite, all the reg gear, all the rings etc, and 100 marks leftover and have this WITHOUT resetting as you claim.
    Maybe im missing something but im sure of this because i did reset. I reset plenty and havent even been able to start on reg gear yet for the feat. (I couod get a few pieces maybe but thats it).
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Except for when they nerf them later an claim it to be due to an issue that was reported as an issue a year ago and dismissed leading us to believe the product was fine only to have it bait-n-switched on us a year later so be careful. If an artifact is really good, you prob are paying for that but may not actually get what you pay for in the end
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Nope I did it without resetting.

First thing I got on my main were the accessories since there’s no elite version of them. The next thing I got was the op back. But all the components for my back I bought with alt marks. So didn’t spend any marks on them. When I had enough renown I bought the elite gear. When that was done I started the mods. I used alt marks to buy all the 40.1 mods for all my rooms running the dlc. Then I used alt marks to buy the 40.2-40.4 plans for my main. And since I didn’t delete a single generator mod, on the first day I started crafting I had enough mods to make 2 of each and 3 offensive 40.4 generator mods. That same day I bought extra 40.0 mods on a few of my alts and on day one of crafting I made 4 40.4 red mods. As for the regular gear. I just bought the style for my alt. Then my alt used his left over marks to buy the regular gear set for half price and when I completed the set I bought the feat on my main.

So no. I didn’t reset. I just took advantage of the system in play to my advantage.

Edit: right now my main is stilling at over 200 and my 2nd alt is almost at 200
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have t done the math and have been max for quite a while i will concede the benefit of the doubt