Another update where superspeed movement modes remain broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Robotsidekick Active Player

How many years will we go with this feature being broken? and sold in the shop with no disclaimer that it's broken on superspeed with zero plans to ever fix it. I can't get over the incompetence.
    • Like x 3
  2. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

what exactly is broken? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's perfectly fine to show displeasure or concern for unresolved issues. We all have that right. However, it is completely unnecessary to toss around insults, and counterproductive to your end goal. No one likes to be insulted, and it's extremely rare that insults end with people getting what they want. In fact, it's the number one guaranteed way to get ignored.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how many times you've brought it up or how frustrated you are. It's still wrong to take that route, and it's against the terms of service you agreed to when joining the forums. There are plenty of ways to get your point across without the need to toss around insults. Whenever people claim that customers never get listened to, they fail to account for the fact that they are often rude and insulting...sayin that they are incompetent, lazy, money grabbing, uncaring does NOTHING to help out your cause EVER!!! I get it, it's an ongoing issue, and it's legitimate. You could have posted your thread without that last line and it would have been fine. By adding the unnecessary statement you've completely derailed your own thread, and that could have EASILY been avoided. Think about this before you reply to me in anger and frustration.
    • Like x 7
  4. Eve YouTuber

It's not true that there aren't any plans. Mepps said they are working on it, but It's probably not as easy to fix as any of us think.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Super Speed Lightstream Movement mode is supposed to have a light trail as you run around. Currently all you can see is a faint aura behind you that hints at what was supposed to be there. The Devs were made aware of this when one of their updates broke it. There was supposed to be a fix in the works for this, but as you can see from the OPs frustrations, there has been no fix and no update either.

The OP wanted to remind them that this issue is still ongoing, but unfortunately allowed his frustrations get the best of him.
    • Like x 3
  6. Siramez Well-Known Player

its been 1+ year since this **** is broken ;-;
  7. Robotsidekick Active Player

Calling something incompetent is a matter of fact not an insult.. if they take it as insult then it's probably sitting too close to home for comfort.

and me using a mean using a word is not any sort of a difference maker to getting it done or not..they ignore multiple requests on the official bug thread, and ignore dms and will go on to ethier delete or ignore this thread.

You should show this kind of energy for the fact they have no disclaimer in description meaning more people will waste their money, not sure how that is even legal.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To be fair you've made personal insults here on a somewhat regular basis.
    • Like x 4
  9. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Eh, this topic again. I gave up on using the Lightstream movements for my concepts and went to something completely different and now all the Lightstream movement styles I purchased are worthless, broken and basically a very annoying reminder of what I can’t have (despite me owning it).

Seriously, don’t hold your breath. We got a brief word about it being more difficult than they realized and radio silence since then.

If they fixed them tomorrow, I still wouldn’t be using them because I moved on. I really am just annoyed about all the money I spent for something that I literally can’t and haven’t been able to use and enjoy.

Hopefully they fix it soon for the others who still can't use it.

***EDIT***

My previous topic on the subject:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-lightstream-fix-for-super-speedsters.314665/
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Glad you clarified as that's not really the 'mode' is busted as much as the effect. Unless you are walking around slow when you engage the super speed, or don't have the huge jumps that SS provides, or can't swing around lightpoles 1000 times when running down the street, this sounds more like a cosmetic issue than a functional one. Which is still an issue to be sure, but to say 'superspeed movement modes' are broken is a bit of a stretch.
    • Like x 3
  11. Panderus Senior Producer

Its not getting fixed soon, it seems to be some lower level rendering issue that is platform dependent. Our first attempts we weren't able to find a solution after more than a week of looking for the problem.

Its on the list, but we have other priorities at the moment.
    • Like x 6
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

All this over a lightstream aura :( I thought it would be about actually fixing the superspeed movement itself as its been incredibly unbalanced for quite some time :(
    • Like x 3
  13. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

So now that it’s established that the movement style is broken, and that it will not be fixed soon (if at all) can the folks that purchased the individual Lightstream movement styles and the Lantern Pack expect some kind of compensation or at least a partial refund?
    • Like x 2
  14. Robotsidekick Active Player

Glad I could finally get an answer out of someone.

As the other poster said, will you be offering refunds to people who bought them on the false premise that they would work on superspeed characters?

and when will a disclaimer be added to the description so that new people know they do not work for superspeed characters?
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Did you know that full body Auras used to COMPLETELY cover your character's body, INCLUDING their elbows? But then a Game Update several years ago BROKE them to where the Auras disappeared around the elbows. It took roughly A YEAR of me posting numerous times about it to even get a response from the Devs, and their response boiled down to "we ain't doing anything about it." It even made Auras disappear around the elbows of NPCs, such as Fire!

So, count yourself blessed that they're looking into it and trying to fix it, because when they broke the way Auras work, they literally could NOT have cared less! :rolleyes:

To this day, every character in the game displaying a full body Aura has "Achilles Elbows" that are unprotected by their Auras! :(
  16. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

Wow. Every once and a while I flirt with the idea of re-subbing but then I read statements like this and come to my senses.
    • Like x 3
  17. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

This reply is actually disgusting. Like... are you for real? I have several friends in professional software circles that would probably lose their jobs on the spot if they told a client that they wouldn't be fixing their problem anytime soon because "it's hard to fix," or "it's difficult to locate the problem." Are you serious right now? This is literally your job. These people paid money for this, specifically. This is the exact opposite of the types of answers we should be getting after all the posts, articles, and interviews about your upgraded resources from the new owners. The level of unprofessionalism here is just staggering.

EDIT: I wanted to note that I don't personally suffer from this bug, but I am still absolutely disgusted by this official response. This isn't a bandaid. It's straight up salt in the wound.
    • Like x 3
  18. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

This is the case for years with the whole game, many times its not mentioned or never admitted/declared.
    Some people, lets say, fans of DC Comics could be offended what crimes some other people do to DC Comics disguised and delivered as a video game I simply not feel like naming/pointing here.
    Hahaha :D -except it was never funny. but the levels are high by now
  19. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Exactly that. Thank gods or whatever that, this post reply is still free.
  20. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Oh, I've been around long enough to know. This one just hit different. It's just so... so... blatant. Could you imagine WoW or FFXIV trying to get away with this sort of response for one of their microtransaction items? Absolutely not. The fans would absolutely lose it and rightfully so. This is wild and the DCUO devs need to to do better. Period.
    • Like x 2