Why no update notes before GUs go live?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I never understood why they don't just post the update notes even while the game is down? If they did it would build up some anticipation and eagerness to play until the update is live and servers are up? They used to post all game updates on test server as we test it out, but it seems they only do that really for new episodes.

Just wanna know why they keep us in the dark at all when it comes to GU and such?
    • Like x 2
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Easier to shovel changes down someones throat if they don't know they're coming.
    • Like x 1
  3. Stardazer Committed Player

I suspect it has to do with last minute changes during game updates. Sometimes a feature might not work/update accordingly, so it's easier to keep that on the downlow rather than have players complain about something that is missing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Maybe they're not ready yet.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are we running out of topics to complain about?
    • Like x 6
  6. Eve YouTuber

DCUO forums in a nutshell, sadly.
    • Like x 6
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering the update includes the new TC, I'd imagine some of the details of that would be in the notes. It'd kinda spoil the livestream they have planned to show off what's in the new TC.
    • Like x 2
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I wonder if this one is going to be worth opening or if it would be better to hold on to stabilizers for the next mega capsule.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As always that's up to the individual. Personally I go by whether or not any of the styles/shiny stuff will work for a character or not, and once I get them I'm pretty much done.
    • Like x 1
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That's a good metric on a character level, compared to focusing on making money.
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If you're not interested in most of what the capsule offers you can save your Stabilizers for next time and try to buy collections/emblems and gear off the broker for the feats in the meantime. But that depends on how much you got and how you manage the broker too.

Edit: Oops quoted the wrong person
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I like to post notes as soon as I have them, preferably when the downtime notice goes up.

Sometimes they're not ready. Sometimes I'm working on three other games and can't prioritize that (it's temporary). I'm sure they will be up before the servers are.
    • Like x 10
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Are they ready now?
  14. zNot Loyal Player

What 3 other games do you manage mepps? I thought you only do dcuo
    • Like x 6
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Why does it matter? He they aren’t here to answer your every call the second you ask for something.
    • Like x 3
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This was my question as well. Are any of the other staff members spread this thin? Would explain a lot, sadly
    • Like x 3
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Take your cape off, it was a simple question.
    • Like x 6
  18. zNot Loyal Player

whats your problem? i didnt ask you i asked him.
    • Like x 2
  19. Lara Committed Player

Dont give them attention homie leave those ppl alone
    • Like x 3
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player