How Different would the game be if you could have 5 artifacts equipped?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Oceanly, May 3, 2021.

1. Oceanly Well-Known Player

i think that it would be more interesting
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If by 'interesting' you mean 'broken' and 'unbalanced', yeah totes.
    • Like x 5
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

3 artifacts in my opinion is already a lot. 5 would be absurd.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It would be very different.

Also, 5 is way too many. I wouldn't mind a 4th "baby artifact slot". Basically a slot where you get the artifacts perks but no stats. But can live without it happily.
    • Like x 2
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Preach, i have said this multiple times. 3 is enough for sure as far as “raw power” an such but theres some fun ones i would like to equip that dont fit the build. They could even designate certain ones to an “innate slot” (dead kings comes to mind, omegahedron, etc). The ones that no one uses in any decent build but would be fun to have
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh, no?

There's already enough balance issues, thanks.
    • Like x 2
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

They've said in the past three is enough. But a possible compromise would be a fourth slot which could be used once but then have a specific cool down period mattering on the artifact. Example:

Strategist Card: After 20,000 damage cools down for 2 minutes.
    Eye of Gemini: After use not usable again unless you have over 50% super charge.

Of course, for EOG you would just not place it in the fourth slot. But I think you all get the idea.
  8. PHNTM Well-Known Player

People complain about artifacts as they are with only 3 slots, anymore is overkill and ruins the game further.
    • Like x 1
  9. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Without a major adjustment to the difficulty of enemies, we would all become severely OP. As a healer, I use PPH, PoD, and EoG (most of the time). If I could suddenly add Tran and Strat OR Trans and Scrap, enemies better make healing a challenge by attacking everyone at once constantly with decent hits. Enemies would also need more health to compensate for all the extra supercharge I'd be handing out. It would be chaos; cats and dogs living together.

As a Precision DPS, I could finally find a place for Venom Wrist Dispenser and Gem of Horus without giving up my current 3. Maybe I'd hit up the Godwave Shard and let my pets go ham. What would my dps jump up to with those?

Conceptually, I'd initially feel the enticement to be creative with the extra 2 I might choose, but there would probably develop a meta that couldn't be ignored. Having a for-fun artifact while all the single-target loadouts add a Grim would make me fall behind by a lot. You know, if competition wasn't my thing (it is).
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Looking at it from a non-DPS perspective, I would say 4 or 5 would be rather nice.
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I can maybe see a 4th maybe in the future never a 5th and even then they would have to increase everything across the board significantly if any extra slots were given imo.
  12. gamma9 Level 30

Nah they would just add more health to bosses making it last longer i think...so i say keep 3..i would liiike 4..but itll come at a cost
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I made a similar suggest before. But said 2 full artifacts and 2 unstable artifact slots (baby artifact slots).

5 is just insane. Even if they only offered the artifact ability it’s hopefully never gonna happen
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The problem with 5 slots isn't going to make anything more unbalanced then things already are. The problem is content would have to be buffed to account for 2 more slots. This brings an even bigger problem for new players which is the same problem we have right now with 3 slots. The way this problem gets fix is a either a new gear system or a gear buff or a skill point tree buff of atleast 30%. Or everyone just gonna cry even more about the game being pay to win and it being all about artifacts. It's actually all about experience and mechanics and what powersets are top rated/weapons
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

5 slots...I'd make it 6 slots. I remember years ago that the devs wanted to move in a horizontal direction and i'm pretty sure that artifacts qualify. It may double our arts, but it will give us more creativity on how to play the game the way we want to play it instead of the normal way we did before arts came out.

As a healer, I could equip: page, purple, omega, trans, strat, starheart, and be a high healer boosting peoples health, my healing crits, healing safety, and more power back. Self sufficient healer right there!

As a dps, well this could go anywhere, so maybe a supercharge path: eog, scrap, quizlet, trans, strat, and dead kings for better orbital.

The number can be increased to any number of slots. The question is, how will they implement them regarding the flat stats that the arts have with them? Could there be an art cap on %'s? Cap on the flat stats from arts? Only 3 slots allow the stat #'s? Scrap the stats and increase the bonus stats?
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'd be down for 4 slots. Not everyone has their Artifacts to 200. Having 4 Artifacts at 80 won't break the game and most people's Alts wouldn't be able to muster more than a 100 maybe 120. And if there are players out there with four or more Arts above 180 well they've played/payed for them might as well use em. If we're never getting at least one more slot in the future the Devs should stop making Artifacts. Also to those worried about balance in the game that four Artifacts will make a difference sounds like scoreboard chasers, PvPers or Elitists. Meh, those type of players shouldn't have a say in our ability to use Artifacts we've grinded and paid for.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Getting boosted by 6 artifacts is the opposite of horizontal progression.
    • Like x 3
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

People already dread the heavy monetization behind artifacts now, so why would it be a good idea to further that disdain by adding another slot.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Obviously they have to add 10 slots. That’s way people are so turned off by it they just give up on them. Duhhh. Wait make it 20
    • Like x 2
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Different? We could boredom yawn our way through current elite raids much more than we do now. That’s for sure. FFe would go from an 8 minute raid to a 5 min raid. Wooooo hooooo /sarcasm