What are your expectations for the suicide squad episode?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Robotsidekick Active Player

Since there is high chance next episode is Suicide Squad to line up with movie, what are you wanting from this DLC? I haven't read much SS and don't know what to expect. I liked the animated movies so I hope they will introduce Bronze tiger and Killer frost. This episode should be villian focused for once instead of like usual with it being made heroes first and the villians just dragged along for convenient reasons.
    For open world I hope it's not another reskin, they could make an open world Arkham island that would be very cool. Not just a reskin of strykers island please.
    • Like x 2
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I seriously hope they merge factions once and for all.
  3. Eve YouTuber

Well the main idea of the Suicide Squad is that they are villains forced to save the world or else Waller will blow them up. lol

I would like them to introduce characters that we haven't seen yet, like Deadshot, which we have his style but not him in the game. The story should be interesting enough but not repetitive, and I hope they put a skip cutscene in raids\alerts because the cutscenes are too long, and would be realistic to put one up after you watch the cutscenes for the first time.

I want them to add Harley's hairstyle for additional rewards. That's on my list for stuff I want and it will make sense as she's one of the main characters of the Suicide Squad. New suits maybe based on the new Deadshot, if we get him.

Content wise I would love to see the return of elite duo and elite alert. I hope the open world will be new and refreshing. I like the idea of Arkham Island. I hope there won't be a need to farm bosses as we just got a break from it in Flashpoint.

That's pretty much my take on what I want but I'm looking at it from pretty much casual point of view.
    • Like x 2
  4. Lara Committed Player

Lol
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I wanna Ratcatcher orbital.
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If anyone in your PUG group goes AFK without warning, doesn't do mechanics, doesn't live up to their role (like doesn't do a percentage of heals, power replenish, pulling adds etc), uses toxic chat or speed hacks Waller will activate the bombs on their collars. First offense, will blow up your arms so that player is gone for the day. Second offense, blows up their head and they can't play for a week. That's a QoL update I'd like in a Suicide Squad episode. Not gonna happen but I can wish lol
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The closest I get to expecting anything out of an episode is missions to run, new gear/styles and maybe some fun flavor associated with the content.

Anything beyond that, including what the episode is going to be about/centered on, is generally a good way of just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    • Like x 2
  8. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I hope we have a solo where we get framed for a crime, then the open world is in black gate prison or something. 4 person raid should be a Suicide Squad tryout in the prison. Dead shot gear would be great. We've already had so much Harley gear, any other member gear would be great.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

I like that idea critical
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Two people we meet while in prison...the no-name guy that we fight in the hero mission in the Hall of Doom. (4:50)

And the guy in Metropolis who is always so happy that he stole a CRT television.
  11. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Ha, that would be funny. Fingers crossed for that.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It would be kind of awesome if that once you go into a suicide raid, leaving or voting to disband would end up in your character having his/her head 'blown off' for time. Like you have to finish the mission.....or else!

Just make a non changable style change to the head with the 'headless horseman' head style. I'm sure it would be buggy as heck and need to be repealed quickly, but I'd crack up seeing a bunch of quitters running around with headless toons.

EDIT: Dominic Blue beat me to the punch. +1

BTW....is this just conjecture because of the movie's release coming soon or did they mention something in the livestream about it being SS related?
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Oh you mean like this one right here that's already in the game???
    [IMG]
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Conjecture.
  15. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Yeah, pvp gear right? I’ve never seem it in the pvp vendor though or style vendor.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This version of King Shark:

17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Last I knew (and it's been a while so this may be out-of-date info), you had to raise your PvP CR to get new gear/styles to show up on that vendor. According to the DCUO wiki you need a PvP CR of 100 to get it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

It doesnt sound awful to have a SS episode. The Arkham island as open world map sounds nice.
    There are some unused maps, like Australia or the moon that could be cool looking.

For styles id love if they introduce Katana, we need to have new characters too not only npc refreshes and we could have some ninja stuff added with a style based on her, its been gazillions years. Also dual and single katanas for back pieces please!
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Mabye Then we would get a shark head instead of waiting year after year for it with summer event :)