Content Spotlight: Death of Superman & More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

The Death of Superman was released in 3 parts.
    Part 1 is open world, Part 2 is Doomsday raid and Part 3 is The Last Son of Krypton solo.
    It simply means all 3 are included in the spotlight.
    • Like x 3
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I so want streaky the super cat
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've got to say, putting a spotlight on old content that involves a bounty on Doomsday while also having an endgame episode with a bounty with Doomsday has made forming groups in LFG very...interesting. Well played, LOL.
    • Like x 4
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Due to the terms of the licensing contract with DC Comics for the use of the Superman Emblem, the 80th Anniversary Superman Emblem was only available until December 31st, 2018. If you didn't grab it during the roughly 6 months in which it was available, you snoozed, and you lost.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Yes LFG has been hilarious.
  6. Kal El New Player

¿Como se supone que se desbloquee la proeza del emblema de Superman para quien no lo pudo conseguir?
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That’s perfect!
  8. Yue Volfie New Player

This is bad news for nintendo switch users since the game came up on August 06, 2019. Is there any break for nintendo switch users?
  9. Eve YouTuber

Oye, ya no puedes conseguir el emblema. Era un elemento de tiempo limitado y esa era la única forma en que DC permitió que Daybreak lo agregara al juego. No va a volver.
  10. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

The problem is that no explanation has been given why players cannot have access to a Superman emblem. The Batman versus Superman Emblem had a copyright issue. The 80th anniversary one does not. The emblem is throughout the game,ie; Superman wears it, some players already have it, it's on the Bouncy Ball toy, it's built into certain chest designs. It's in the game. Yet people are no longer allowed access to it. Why not? What reason has DC given? Why the mystery? If it is because DCUO cannot make money off of selling it, then they should say so. Which leads to the question could they offer it for free or as a feat again? This has been a question no one ever answers for years. All we hear is that it ain't coming back and we should put that in our pipe and smoke it.
  11. Eve YouTuber

There is a reason though. DC Comics themselves are overprotective of their characters, especially Superman, and they gave the Devs the ok to use it if it will be in the game for a limited time and never come back. Mepps explained it a few times and I believe Megzilla did too. It's a copyright issue.
    • Like x 1
  12. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Copyright issue on the BvS emblem. The 80th anniversary one has no copyright issue I have ever been made aware of. Possible link to a post by a dev claiming copyright issues on the 80th style would be appreciated. Maybe I'm over looking something. But like I said, the emblem is already in the game. Especially the standard regular emblem. A copyright issue would mean it would have to be removed from the game....wouldn't it?
  13. Eve YouTuber

That was Megzilla's reply to you about it >>

• Like x 1
  14. NotHappy Active Player

Thanks for the base pets.

Nice but perhaps there should be a feat involved for buying one since it cost so much ? Just a thought

FYI
    the solo mission labeled 10+ (under 1 player just below the Vault and above Tier 1-Player missions ) isn't for that level characters. My level 20 characters do not have that option.

Perhaps this was leftover from the event when Doomed Metropolis was open content. New characters who were never in the event cannot see this mission.

You may want to consider changing the labelling.
    • Like x 2
  15. Metallix Active Player

Yall need to fix yall game it's broken in lagging really bad
  16. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Yeah, I had previously read that. Not a copyright issue for the 80th style. More along the lines of they will let some run around with the emblem but not everyone is the gist I got. Something about protecting Superman's image lol
  17. Eve YouTuber

Yet you said we never got an answer and we did so... I don't really see the issue here
  18. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

You said it was a copyright issue. He says image issue....whatever that is supposed to mean.
  19. Nanak New Player

Wait Fortnite gets Superman...Someone can literally be super toxic with DCs most prized possession? But A DC game won’t even give us his emblem or consider him because someone may be super toxic with DCs most prized possession. Umm what
  20. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I have a sneaking suspicion that the owners of the game have to pay for the emblem's use and probably do not see it as a profitable venture. Though I admit I would gladly pay a fee to get the emblem from the market place.
    • Like x 1