I guess I Don’t Understand the Point...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, May 30, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just asking. As most of the drops are the .0 and .1s, why craft .3s and .4 boxes on your alts at the price of 25 and 50 mark plans per alt? I bought my at level ats the .1 and .2 plans and pass any boxes they make to my main who is the only one who has the .3 and .4 plans. He makes them all. Granted for you with the 1 alt, it's a toss up, but if you have 4 alts it's more economical to buy the low plans and pass the boxes up at lower level vs going for the higher level ones on each alt.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm doing the same as Vella actually. So my least fav alt doesn't buy any gear. She bought all the 5 and 10 coin plans then 3 of the 25s and 3 of the 50s. This was after she bought most of the stuff for my mains back piece.

Main alt bought all the 5 and 10 coin ones after buying the full set regular vendor gear for tank role and pitching in for mains back piece. My main bought the 5 coin ones after buying all the elite gear and regular jewelry/ weapons for both roles and will eventually buy the 10 coin ones. This is after maxing 4 head augs for both of those toons and halfway on 4 for 2nd alt.

So they give the boxes they make to 2nd alt, she turns them into .4 boxes eventually and sends them back to main who opens them. Main gets to use less coins, less source marks, and less inventory space. So aside from a few more gen mods, my toons have basically finished this dlc and are just banking coins till I'm capped. 5 episodes in a row of capped before the end of a dlc is nice when they change to sources

Edit: unless I misunderstood and Vella is buying all toons the 25 and 50 coin plans?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup pretty much. I’ll pop a few feats on alts with left over marks. After that I will probably still keep crafting just because I have been ignoring my creat feat for years now lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well Vella is using 1 alt, so kind of yes...he bought them on 'all' the alts. You are basically doing the same and yeah, 1 alt buying the .3s and .4s is a wash. Buying them on more than one would be a loss. Although i'm still not sure the difference between buying the plan on that 2nd tier alt and moving IT to your main(it's account bound). Spent coins result is the same except you aren't shuffling back and forth as much to the 2nd tier alt. As all the supplies except the .0 and .1 mod drops are tradable, I went with putting the most plans on the toon I'd run the most...so he'd have the most random drops. Pretty much everyone gets the .1 and .2 plans though...as everyone will get those drops in the course of running even minimally.

All I know is this is way more noodling on mod crafting than anyone should need to do.
    • Like x 1
  5. MrStoob Well-Known Player

*steps up to mic and clears throat*

FEEEAAATS!

*exits stage left*
    • Like x 1
  6. Vella Well-Known Player

The feats. The Stat gain isn't worth it on its own.
    • Like x 1
  7. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

So like 6 weeks into the episode, and you are a 3rd of the way done; 12 more weeks to go, well into what should be the timing of the next DLC. That's pretty bad. I'm at the same place as you (4 mods), and within the next 2-3 weeks, I will be done with everything else in the DLC. 10 additional weeks of farming on my main and alt for a lousy .5 skills points? It makes zero sense. And while I'm at it, I shouldn't have to farm an alt to get episode specific feats in a reasonable amount of time (and no, 18 weeks is not reasonable. Max, it should be 8ish weeks, achievable with one character. (8ish because you at least want to enjoy what you earned for a bit before you replace it on like day 2 of the next episode).
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm also around there at 3/12. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure I have enough mods in my bank to craft another 6 or so, I just need to buy the plans. I'm pretty much done on gear on my alt and am two pieces of troll gear away from being done on my main so the plans will be next. I suspect a lot of other players are prioritizing their progression similarly so while it might seem like most of the game is still eons away from being 12/12, a lot will probably accelerate to be on a more reasonable pace once fully geared up. Also remember, we have a triple marks week and another double marks week ahead of us.
    • Like x 1