Stop making farming feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Augysasas, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Augysasas New Player

In short: it is not fun. Games are supposed to be fun. I understand that it is an mmo and such but ask yourself: "would it be fun to grind calculator-bot 50 times?" Probably not :D
    New feats are hard to create but isn't it literally the creators job :/ ? Having fun = spending money. Hopefully early-mid game rework will consider past and new feat rebalance as well.
  2. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Bosses are fun?
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Farm feats keep people playing the game. I've continued to run alert because of the add feats.

As long as it isn't overkill like the bounties in Wonderverse/Legion or LPVE then I'm good with it.
    • Like x 7
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Pretty much this. It's a tried-and-true method of keeping players engaged with the game, which is something the devs want to happen (for a variety of reasons).

Don't like farming/grinding feats? Don't do them. Pretty simple solution, really.
    • Like x 3
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Folding laundry is exponentially more boring without bounties to break up the monotony every 5-10 min. I'm all for more farming feats.
    • Like x 2
  6. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

I’m FOR the farming feats, minus the craziness that is Patchwork. They’re a reason to return to older content. You do not have to farm all 50/100 in a single sitting.

Personally, a variety of feat types is ideal and DC has a solid list. Again, personally, DCUO has always been about feat hunting more than getting the gear. Keep the grind, but less Patchwork. Although, I did get the 25k gathering feat in 2016... yup, I’m flexin’
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Aside from the bounties I did like the farm feats in Wonderverse from the solo and the raid - plus getting those consumables. There was always something to do and kept me playing those pieces of content throughout Wonderverse - but these weren't to the point of being overkill. Even now I still need the normal raid 25 bug feat, but I gives me a reason every week to run FGSn.
    • Like x 2
  8. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Do you mean all farming feats in general or are there certain ones that you do not like? If you are thinking of PVP or Legends feats (PVP and PVE) then I understand your frustration. However, you don't have to complete all of them if you dont want to in order to enjoy the game. I pick and choose which feats I want to do, as I do not want to out-level this game quickly.

As others have said before me, farming feats helps maintain general player interest and participation. Most of the farming feats in this game are not bad (there are several exceptions, but not game breaking). This "farming feats" system is not uncommon for many online games, as they will have it in one form or another.

Creating feats and figuring out how players should obtain them are two different things. Most online game devs will not just create "feats" just for you to log in, get it quickly and then log out. That will not make money for the game and will not keep player interest for long.

I am not sure when you started playing this game, but farming those old crafting feats that this game used to have was much worse; it is why that system no longer exists.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Feats are there for everyone to chase or not to chase. If you don't find fun in farming there is literally no one twisting your arm to complete them. Just ignore them and keep it moving.
    • Like x 4
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

*cough Tokens of Merit *cough* Been years since there was a reason to farm them.
    *copy-paste suggestion from three years ago*
    "Add three more +25,000 feats and most of us will be happy and not bring it up again for three years."
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Farm feats are fine as long as there is a reasonable expectation that anyone can complete them within even 1/2 of a DLC's primary shelf life. I'll take a farmable feat over a RNG feat almost any day. The rouges checklist, if left random will probably take much longer than the 3 months span before the DLC is moved down a notch and a new one comes up. That's 12 or 13 runs to get 10 random combos...unlikely. The count feats this DLC are very doable just doing your daily/weekly work except maybe Doomsday, but as you can endlessly spam him vs waiting 30 min per pass, he's pretty easy to complete just doing 4 or 5 a week as you are knocking out dailies. Just watch for shouts and phase when someone is taking him down. Do it while you are knocking out the Psi-Corp guys and you can kill most of the 25 guys needed for that daily while you fight DD. The rest (bombs, posters, money bags, atlantean/amazons)....yeah, got them all NEVER making a point to go out of my way to add to the counts.

Is it 'fun'? No not really, but there is grinding in an MMO...facts. That's normally the daily/weekly runs you do to collect money and gear. The counts are tied to doing those, so it's not really any extra work save paying a tiny bit of detail to what you are doing. I guess the beach adds are somewhat a drag if everyone boogies out after Zoom, but you CAN go back and attack them after if you choose even if adds are skipped on the way in. If you only knock out 10 a visit, you'll be done in 17 visits...that's just a bit more than 2 weeks of that 3 months.
  12. Berza Committed Player

Actually, even when the feat says "in the beach", adds in the temple hallway also counts for the feat.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Even better, but the point is the same, it's not really required to go above and beyond what you'd be running anyway and the counts will be done by the time the DLC is 'over'. I realize we can always go back to continue these feats, but I know most people would like the majority of these kinds of feats done by the next DLC coming out...leaving only certain 'skill' based feats you might need to double back for, assuming they are still undone.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

farming Bounties gives me a reason to learn how to solo stuff.

also, ehhh, fight's a fight. as long as it's engaging
  15. Lara Committed Player

Tbh Feats are the best thing in this game lol
  16. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Farming feats draw veteran players into lower level content where new players struggle to complete questlines that include killing boss mobs. Anything that makes the older group content of any sort accessible to newer players is a good thing.