I guess I Don’t Understand the Point...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, May 30, 2021.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Of the new generator mods.

By the time we get all of our mods maxed, we won’t even be able to use them!

Because we will have to start the grind over for the next DLC.

What’s the point t? The feats?
    • Like x 7
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm not sure it's quite THAT bad, depending on your drop rate and when the next episode drops. I've managed to craft four of the top mods so far.
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

ok, using might mods. 40.0 to 40.1 is a difference of 30. Vitalization is10 difference. Power 114. Health 76. Precision 20. I sell the Dom and Rest ones.

What are 40.3 and 40.4 numbers? again a difference of 30 for might per rank and 10 per rank for vitalization??

dear diary/ps: Finally maxed precision origin augments and am selling loot items again. (completed Vitalization and Might augments first, using a might build, mental, main character only user) That took 4 to 5 months to get caught up with origin augments. Artifacts.... -.- yeesh. ....storing up some Nth metal for the next bonus artifact exp week. I don't think i will use a precision build, but might do it one day.

Augments make more sense to work towards if you have not yet... skill points.... well, I came back, had a bunch from before. I'm not trying much to get skill points, but have gotten more. I was 344 a few days ago and now 247. /shrug. It'd be nice to have more but content is completed without having more by paying attention during gameplay. Blocking during a boss's skull attacks. Not being sucked into Professor Zoom~Flashpoint alert. Pop the orbital strike and block. ;) That's what skull attacks are about.... mostly. Time for the orbital and block. :rolleyes:
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

The increase in stats in marginal at best. Only 60 something for resto and that is a low stat already. Sure, the multiplier might be 2 but still doesnt make it better or worth it. I have crafted like 8 so far and i cant say i notice a difference. There are no stats we can look at that says total shield strength, base resto, % resto boosts, healing multiplier. Instead we are left with a variable and no tabs to show us this stuff.

Will you use the mods, of course! by the time you craft them all it will be next episode and will be busy crafting those mods while using these mods.

Feats, of course! otherwise why would you craft mods that take up so much valuable materials???
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I only put 40.0s in the first few days before I realized how important they would be to the building of the mods. Past that I won't slot any until I have .4s. On toons which will not be participating in the crafting (i.e. Ones I won't buy plans for) they get what they get and they don't pitch a fit.

Zero sense slotting a .1 over a .0 or a .2 over a .1...assuming you already had 39.3s or 39.4s from Legion. As you point out, the stat bonuses are negligible.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...the point is the feats. Past that...meh, I'll get whatever drops.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup just the feat and just small buffs. People are putting to much thought into it. I just started crafting today since I already finished everything else and already have 4 offense and 2 power mods I have enough support to get 2 40.4 but just need to buy the plans. But that means if I had the plans i would’ve had enough to get everything except 4 mods total without trying to actually do anything special.

I literally just didn’t delete any mods that dropped knowing I would need them. And I’m almost done. If I had more rooms I definitely would’ve been done but like I said. Without doing anything special I’m pretty much done.

The stat difference between 40.1 and 40.4 aren’t really that big. Not enough to try and force getting them ASAP. To me they are just feats that I’ll definitely get before the end of the dlc.

I have my main that’s been playing since the dlc dropped.
    My 1st alt that started playing a week after dlc dropped.
    My 2nd alt that started 3 weeks after dlc dropped.
    My last 3 toons just started getting drops last week. So they barely had anything.

I did delete a few mods at the beginning because I didn’t look into the system right away. So on my toons I deleted anything that wouldn’t benefit them. For example. My main is Prec dps/healer. So I only kept resto Prec and power but 2 weeks ago I started keeping all of the drops. If I didn’t delete them rest I definitely would’ve had enough to finish (well the power, still need the plans for the resto mods).

If the stat difference was noticeable than yes they would’ve been most haves and the stress would be real. But since the stat difference are low don’t stress to much about them.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've got 40.2s in. I'm not going for 40.3s soon. I'll get my alt role, dps, the gear before going for 40.3s. (cr 339 Controller, CR 338 dps. back item level 306. face item level 297) ...I just found the bottled city soder artifact 2 days ago. :rolleyes::( I'd seen it in utube loadouts and wondered what it was for weeks.

Old content bounties are not as populated as the Patchwork or Legion bounties.
    ....eventually that will happen to those too. :oops: Tying a longer time sink into it via the currency, single collection item from a vendor, omnipotence artifacts, feats... does add some longevity...

I recently bookmarked this page for the collections info... https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-episode-35-metal-part-1-rewards.303649/ TY Torikumu!!
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup pretty much. I do have left over offense mods so my first alt will have 1 or 2 40.4. 1-3 less feats to buy lol. But it’s not something to over stress about like some people have been doing lol
  10. Whodini Well-Known Player

I don't really have a problem with the system. For those who put in the time and effort to do all 12...you get a nice little stat bonus. (plus half a skill point)

For those who don't? No big deal, the stat bonuses aren't game breaking.
    • Like x 1
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Generator Mods often skip 1-2 episodes before appearing again. I'm hoping that this is one of those cases.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

???
    • Like x 1
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's not been the case recently, but there have often been breaks in the past.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah I just assumed they were done with that.
  15. Vella Well-Known Player

Craft them on your alt(s). I'm at 2/12, and I only have one alt at level. Get the 40.4 made, and before you open it trade it to your main. This episode is very alt dependent.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly. I’m doing the offense mods first and bought both 40.1 plans on my alt so any red 40.0’s I get as drops get made in to 40.1 boxes and sent to my main. I’m about halfway to my 4th 40.4.
  17. spikeat Well-Known Player

I've completely maxed out the mods and haven't been playing much since, so technically I'm not using them.

I just got them for the feat, but if you don't have a lot of SP there are less tedious feats you can choose from. Just skip the mods, cause the increase is only marginal and won't hinder your game play.
    • Like x 1
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

Dude. A third of the way through the mods after six weeks.

Surely that’s evidence that it IS ‘that’ bad.
    • Like x 3
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Feats like these should be achievable within the lifespan of a DLC.

This isn’t aimed at you, but it’s blindingly obvious the devs have got the numbers wrong with the grind on this new mod system. It’s clearly going to get adjusted for the next DLC. I don’t understand why people defend poor implementation right up until the point where the devs themselves acknowledge that it is poor. There’s simply no way getting generator mods should take months and cost so much episode currency and source marks. It’s unbalanced.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In the end, I'll probably have enough to get a few .4s on my alts, but why? I'm not wasting any more source on the small gains once the feat is popped. Oh, no...I'll only have 100K of some stat...not 100,030. Big whup. I'll socket whatever .1s I get on those alts and be good to go.
    • Like x 2