suggestion cash cap

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toddler, May 29, 2021.

1. Toddler Level 30

my suggestion is to raise the cash cap form 3,000 to like 10,000 my reason for my suggestion is 3,000 is just not enough when you start getting in to the higher CR's when a single piece of broken gear can cost almost 1000 cash to repair.
  2. MisterTeapot New Player

i like the idea i've seen on here a few times where the $ in escrow can be used for repairs, but not for purchases.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

My counter-suggestion is to purchase a sub.
    • Like x 7
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Or don't get your gear trashed. ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Lara Committed Player

:D
  6. Miserable Dedicated Player

Not the solution to every problem.
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

no, but totally the solution to the cash cap problem.
    • Like x 7
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But expecting something in exchange for nothing is?
    • Like x 3
  9. Miserable Dedicated Player

Cash cap problem =/= repair problem
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

It's just a request for a basic QoL improvement, not a legendary feature. And not even a QoL "improvement." Just a remedying of a side effect that cropped up later in the game as a result of increasing repair costs.
  11. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The cash cap. Is working as intended.
    Try going to marketplace to increase your ingamecash limit.
    ( you can carry around stack of extreme sodaers & catalysts, )
    If so the cash cap, is there for a reason to , those cost repairs hinders, to encourage to be legendary membership.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

nah, it really doesn't. make sure you've always got extra of stacks of sodas. those things drop like rain in this game. repair, sell, repair, sell, repair, sell rinse repeat until you've repaired all your gear. it's not a cash cap problem. it's a management of available funds problem.

honestly, I get it, life would be a lot easier if they just let everyone have everything, but they gots to have some incentives in place to push players towards subscribing. the cash cap is the single biggest reason to sub in this game for many many players. take away that, & what's the point in them subbing anymore? especially now all episodes are free? 100% if they dropped the cash cap tomorrow morning I'll have cancelled my sub by tomorrow evening, & I'll just buy the seals & replays I need off the marketplace when I need them.

I understand your frustration, but it's not a problem that can't be navigated easily enough.
    • Like x 4
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The remedy is escrow tokens, those are in the Marketplace.

If they were to make the cash cap bearable they would in spirit be removing another subscription perk. I'm not against this but that perk would need to be replaced. Some of us actually choose to support the game and I don't see the benefit in premium getting cut even more slack.
    • Like x 2
  14. Miserable Dedicated Player

Let's not fall into a slippery slope fallacy. No one is asking for everyone to have everything. In fact, I agree with literally every word of your second paragraph, yet none of it is actually a reason we should have the situation you describe in your first paragraph.
  15. Miserable Dedicated Player

Nobody is talking about a subscription perk.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

No, buy a sub or repair your gear more frequently.

In a roundabout way they actually are, because the only reason this issue exists is because these people don't want to sub.

They can afford a house, power, internet, computers, consoles but when it comes to the $15 for the membership, oh no, can't have that..
    • Like x 4
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not having a cash cap is a subscription perk.
    • Like x 4
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's a deliberate imposition put in place to frustrate non-subscribing players hopefully to the point where they feel they have to drop real monies on the game. that's it. that's the reason. if they up it to a level that's more "comfortable" it stops being the thing that it is.

now, they're currently reviewing the membership & it's perks, so who knows what's coming down the line? they may well raise the level of the cap. they might remove it completely. you never know.
    • Like x 3
  19. Miserable Dedicated Player

At no point was I talking about not having a cash cap, but that's my fault for not being clearer.
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

the amount of users running through FP alert pulling every trash mob instead of going above or around them to not pull every mob and then KO after boss fight. hehhehhehheh really?? I hope they're not members and have to pay for repairs. /Knuckleheads. the mobs are easy to beat on the way. Certainly skip the beach mobs. :rolleyes: ...to pull every mob to aquaman though.... /glare@pugs

[IMG]

Server performance on Prof Zoom's pull skull attack and/or players not able to see tornadoes???? Some of yall pugs need to block for skull attacks and pop the orbital strike during the skull attack more.
    • Like x 1