Healers need a dominance buff

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, May 26, 2021.

1. Robotsidekick Active Player

Simply not fair that the dps for every other role gets access to their push, pulls and crowd controls but powers that are part of the healer role do get to do this because of their pitiful low dom.. i don't see the issue in increasing their dominance.
    or remove the pull, push and ccs of healer powers and replace them with straight damaging move so we do not miss out on animations.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This...this has to be a troll post right?
    • Like x 6
  3. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

First, if you want a dominance buff for healers, feel free to put skill points into dominance.

Second, as a troll myself, I take umbrage. Severe umbrage.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

First off it's not the healer's main responsibility to CC mobs. Second if you don't know how to CC mobs as a healer that's your problem.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

What?!:confused: ... don't even want to explain something. At least learn what is roles and which stats you should max to your role before creating such stupid threads like this one.
  6. Robotsidekick Active Player

I know how. It requires dominance which healers don't have. Yes its somehow my problem my 200 dom healer is unable to CC anything making all the CC moves redundant.
  7. Robotsidekick Active Player

So lets say I put max dom in healer and i'm still sitting at 300 dom and my pulls will still not work.
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Generator mods alone give you 1k+ if you spec in dom. And like TheLorax noticed earlier, control adds it's not healer job. So when you run with dps powers(assumedly in dps gear) and trying to control adds or just trying dps in healer role aka battle heal, you only create problems for your group...
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So then get some Dominance, my healer has 4.6k Dom and can CC most trash mobs.
    • Like x 1
  10. Robotsidekick Active Player

Other powers don't have to grind mods for dom so no that's not fair.
    It doesn't matter, the point of a pull move is to pull the target.. why give healer pull moves if it will never work.
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

I had a throne of the dead run where in the first fight. I had the responsibility of pulling Ares (I heal btw) because we didn’t have a 2nd tank and try to pull as many ads as possible and it was pretty hectic but we beat that fight.

Also had a celestial friend serve as the heal tank in DM and we were successful up until the last boss fight.

To up your dominance. Wear OP Gear and spec dominance. You aren’t gonna have tank or troll numbers but if your objective is to for whatever reason tank. Tanking as a healer is possible but It isn’t recommended or conventional.

If you’re just looking to CC mobs for the sake of just doing so. That isn’t what healers do. Their job is to make sure the health bars of group members stay up.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

Probably because DPS players have powers that can CC ads while also dealing damage. Powers don’t exactly disappear from the power tree just because you switched roles my friend.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All powersets have a pull. Only Sorcery and Celestial have a pull that's also a heal.

You don't need to grind out Dominance Augments. You can up your Dominance with Omnipotence equipment, speccing SP into Dominance, there's a league buff that gives 3% Dominance and Hybrid Focus gives 5% Dominance.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

3 parts of OP equipment from the last 3 DLCs, all generator mods on Dom, max Dom from SP, artifacts (EoG, manacle, and any other tank artifact) will give you over 27,000 Dom, this is enough for the current elite content (neead about 24200...), if you have a buff from Leaguehal by 3% support stat, and you will use Compound Omega and cola for Dom, then you can replace both tank artifacts with healing ones and at the same time you will still have enough Dom for elite content ... and you know what is all about it cool? in this build you lose no more than 3-5% of the healing power ... funny right? but on the forum you will be called a fool if you declare such a build ... while it will be much more effective in an elite duo or alert ... and a raid ...
    • Like x 2
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Are you doing this to increase your shield strength or just for S’s & G’s?
  16. Berza Committed Player

I run 4 OP pieces, plus the 2 movement rings and 60SP in Dom and I am over 11k Dom with a less than 3k Resto loss. Not only shields but also heals are stronger.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

For fun? For a variety of gameplay? For the sake of experiment? For the sake of being able solo any bounty? or for the sake of being able to single-handedly content up to the current alert? but mostly for fun;)
  18. Shalayah Committed Player

What turns me off the most about the players in the game is that everybody wants to keep things to the book. Nobody ever wants to try anything new or even switch things up. Its fun being able to do things people assume you can’t do. People would rather kick a player and wait before ever trying to switch things up.
    • Like x 1
  19. Vella Well-Known Player

If only there was some way to buff up Dom. Mmmmh. Oh well!
  20. Jaden Law Well-Known Player