Goodbye

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PTFreeze, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

I play this game since years now and the fun is finally over

all i get is an Burnout

lvl artifacts spending more money for them as get use of it

gear up run after every new gear and ruin your day if u get the green crap over and over again...

farming marks for get a old gear to became an half skillpoint

runing around and do every possible feat an not even get any full skillpoint for this hardwork

i dont know i wasted away to mutch time here and spend away to mutch money for an game that works so hard against me a game the rule my life

goodbye daybreak thats it im done this game isnt worth any effort or money from me
    • Like x 2
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you'll be back.

or you won't.
    • Like x 1
  3. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

LOL! Sounds a lot like me two years ago when I quit. Just add your disgust at the constant onslaught of Batman content and you'd have it. I feel your pain. I came back a month ago on a lark and already half way out the door again, too not far behind you.

Still, it is JUST a game. It means absolutely NOTHING and is NOTHING but a way to waste time. I made the mistake of wasting money month after month until two years ago. So far, I'm not worried of making THAT mistake again.

Since you've quit it's safe to say you're not going to read this but stay safe out there and enjoy the real world! Peace be with you.
    • Like x 3
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I made a post like this once about 2 years ago, & i too was serious, but things change & after a multitude of ppl asked me to return, i said yknow what, sure. Ive been back since april, playing as premium permanently now, & having plenty of fun & not trying to be the top anymore. I’ve been having an absolute blast. So if you do return, I’m sure there will be ppl missing you in the same way i was missed. Have a awesome time outside the game, & it was a pleasure meeting you in your threads here :)
    • Like x 3
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If it means so little to you, why bother announcing your decisions on the forum of the game?

You can't simultaneously maintain "I've lost all interest in this game" with "I feel the need to inform the game forums of my opinions."

As well, unless you are an exceptionally clear-minded, self-aware, person, who actually means "done" when you use the word, what's the point of leaving yourself zero option to ever change your mind?

Taking "an indefinite break" is a lot less limiting than pointlessly declaring you'll never return, unless you don't care about being made fun of if you ever do come back.

I assume your "done" includes the forums as well as the games. (No, don't reply unless you actively want to look like someone foolish who doesn't mean what they say. If you actually mean what you wrote, you won't be reading this or any other comments here.)

Toodles.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry to see you go, any chance I can perhaps have your stuff?
    • Like x 8
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't worry he'll be back when they add a Mr. Freeze iconic style.
    • Like x 7
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Sorry to see you go...

The burnout issue is real, I have felt it before.

Hopefully we will see you back one day, until then enjoy the break!

The Precious is always calling......

[IMG]
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

If the styles dont get better im also stepping away.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm a big believer in taking breaks, long or short, when I feel the need. For the last year or more I've been playing very casually, which is why I have so many Feats to catch up on.

These choices help me avoid urges to write epistles to the forums on the nature of my flouncing.
    • Like x 1
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Lol.
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

See you on the Next episode.
    • Like x 1
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Didnt you just log in like 1 hour ago?
  15. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

It sounds like he's finally realized the sunk cost fallacy most MMO's attempt to propagate in their players. "You've Spent X amount of time and Money in the game so you have to Justify that expenditure to yourself" If you go into these games knowing that regardless of time or money invested you can happily walk away at anytime you're fine. If you can't do that you need to seriously rethink why you play the games you play.
    • Like x 2
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Maybe he was just transferring his stuff to the Proxy? :p
  17. Lara Committed Player

18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

See you when they make all episodes free :p
    • Like x 1
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Well that is unfortunate. I think it's best to take breaks, or just slow down how much time you play to better adjust to the amount of enjoyment you get from the game.

Either way, have a good one and take care! :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

What's really a shame about DC, they do more to drive away old players than to keep them, I really don't see many old/HL players anymore and what is done, is it enough to keep new players?

DCUO should be adding more new stuff than just following the money, ecology and capsuleer path, it's an incredibly rich universe, but to our chagrin, extremely poorly exploited by the current team, please devs add new stuff take the players suggestions seriously for that and stop doing too much to your head, most of the stuff you've done lately has been more about driving away long time players, rather than keeping them...

There are games like Elder Scrolls Online, or Warframe, 'probably one of the most exemplary games in terms of game tracking for a free to play game) and we should be able to add FF XIV Online which has regular content and I don't think I'm wrong in saying that they easily keep their communities and most certainly other games too. Please take this same direction for DCUO!

I've had the same thought at several points, but my love for the green lantern still managed to aggro me :D and even watching a movie about the DC universe it ends up making me want to come to the game again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.