Guess The Next Episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, May 5, 2021.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

No, no, no, I'm not bored with Flashpoint quite yet. But with the DCUO Roadmap released this week, I'm awfully excited about the rest of 2021.

There's usually a nod to the next story within each episode, usually within the Briefings/Investigations, and I'm going to take The Flash's mention of a mysterious doorknob as that hint. As regular readers of DC Comics may remember, a strange doorknob owned by Lex Luthor was the key to a huge storyline in Justice League involving something called The Totality. No further spoilers, but let's just say that things didn't go so well for the heroes...

Of course, there is also a Suicide Squad movie coming out this summer, and DCUO is always happy to cross over with DC in other media when possible.

So my guess is a villain-based episode that focuses on the Suicide Squad's reaction to the world slowly leaning away from our better angels. Hopefully it'll introduce new Iconics like Deadshot, Peacemaker, Enchantress and Bronze Tiger, and maybe we'll actually get an adventure inside Belle Reve.

And while it might be confusing for many, it would make all kinds of sense to name the episode ... DOOM.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

Doom Patrol. The scratches on the doorknob were from Jane.
    • Like x 2
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Im betting next episode is Suicide Squad in July then Death Metal in October. Saying this because I bet they want to jump in the new dc omniverse but also dont want to miss the movies.

Hope Im wrong though, because I hate the Suicide Squad
    • Like x 2
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

You have to admit though, that Jared Leto's few minutes at the end of The Cut more than made up for him in SS?
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I think that the new owners are in a position to unlink content to the films now?
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Uhhh, no
    • Like x 5
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Horses for courses, then.

At worst the scripting was better for Joker, IMO.
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It was Dimensional Ink's decision to link it:
    "Emmert indicated that Daybreak would continue to try to tie in the game’s updates to the major DC films that are scheduled for 2021. Additionally, DCUO will focus on individual storylines that will build up to a “big climax” by the end of the year."
  9. Eve YouTuber

Hoping for Death Metal and JSA content.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

JLD Dark pt2. Based on Apokilips War.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Suicide Squad for sure

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I believe they’re out of sync with the movies because the pandemic made it difficult to know when a movie would be released. They’ll probably settle back into the cross promotion pattern next year.

As for what’s next, I refer back to a Jack Emmert interview earlier this year:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/d...ilers-10th-anniversary-jack-emmert-interview/

So if we’re continuing those things in a lead up to Death Metal (the likely conflict for existence), then it’s probably worth looking at what led up to Death Metal.

There are a few possibilities for time travel and the multiverse, but I would like to see the Sixth Dimension storyline:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scott-snyder-other-history-dc-universe-justice-league-15-spoilers/

Could finally be a chance for Mxyzptlk to shine! Also the possible addition of the Hall of Justice to the game:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Hopefully it's a totality episode. They've been teasing Death Metal since BOP, it's time we start moving towards that
    • Like x 2
  14. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

War World for an expansive PVP Overhaul
    • Like x 1
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Earth 3 Pt. 2
    • Like x 2
  16. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I want to say Suicide Squad related but based on Jack's interview, it's kinda unlikely. It's definitely a multiverse-level storyline that continues the Flashpoint/Anniversary saga and perhaps probably borrowing or taking inspiration from recent comic storylines.

Perhaps not the next episode but a lot of the recent events suggests that we are heading to the Totality/Perpetua arch. We have Lex's disappearance from last year's Birds of Prey story, which powerful figure Zeus saw during his defeat in Wonderverse, what important matters did the Anti-Monitor had to go to at the end of the Anniversary raid, and the resetting of the timeline at the end of World of Flashpoint.

Exciting times and I really love the overall connections and bridges these DLC have, it feels more lively and interconnected rather than jumping from a random crisis to the next like they've done in the past.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yesss
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Maybe Perpetua hopefully!
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Just wish we didnt have to guess.
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

I have it on good authority that the next episode will feature the adventures of a mighty, inspirational and - hitherto completely unknown - superhero faction called The Potato Massive, led by the incorruptible, irrepressible and indefatigable Massive Potato and accompanied by his team mates Spudboy, Fry Guy, Chip Fat and Captain Crisp. The edible tuber collective the world needs and deserves.
    • Like x 2