DCUO Development Update - May 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, May 3, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

For ESO I don't need to sub to enjoy the game but the thing that annoys me the most is the inventory space. For DCUO that's a big problem for me, you can also buy more slots to increase your inventory but that can get expensive for all your toons. Utility Belt when bought I believe should be accessible to all your toons if I'm not mistaken.
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yeah it’s basically an account feature when u buy it, best thing about dc is the upgrades are account wide, when it comes to inventory, bank, utility belt, lair system. dc actually pretty good on that compared to other games that only have upgrades with one per character
    • Like x 2
  3. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Questions:
    Will the people who bought an episode(s)?
    Will the people get reburse with market cash?
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I could be reading your post wrong, so my apologies if I am - but it seems like you think that you have to buy extra inventory space for each of your characters separately in DCUO? If you buy extra inventory space it applies to all your characters, not just the one you bought it on. Again, maybe I was reading your post wrong.
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

This is an interesting point.
    I am the one who bought all the DLCs in the game! And how will it look in my case? Will I win anything? Any bonuses for this? I got curious...

Now taking advantage I wanted to ask some extra questions:

Since they are committed to so many changes I would like to know what the possibilities are in the not too distant future that we may have some of these things:
    1- Change in the UI: Can I choose the language I want to hear from those available in the game, and choose the language of the interface among those available in the game?
    2- Have your beard and mustaches separated from your hair?
    3- More bases: Today each character can have a maximum of 4 bases! (You usually spend it on your principal). My question is; if there is a possibility that one day we can have more than 4 bases? Many people like to produce their bases, and every day we have more and more basic items, and only 4 bases and little to be able to use our full potential of creativity!

Now things I dream of one day having:

1- Open worlds without CR restriction: Since the CR restriction was implemented, it is nothing new, that the old content was practically abandoned, however, one thing that bothers me is the “open worlds”! I understand that Raids, alerts, etc. have to adapt to the concept, but the open worlds have a completely different purpose! They are for you to be there passing the time while waiting to make the content that really has more relevance! Or just to relax! There is no reason to take the relevance out of open worlds! Mainly because many are fantastic places, which today are forgotten, because nothing is gained by going there ...
    In my view, these should continue with their relevance, not least because their sense and purpose is completely different from the other contents.

2- Interface in Portuguese: I know you had already said that you were not interested in adding new languages, but as now they have a whole restructuring, then I ask, what is the new possibility (or not) of having the Portuguese language as an interface in the game? And just look at the interface and subtitles! I don't want dubbing or anything!
  6. Asentmah Well-Known Player

I check up monthly on this old flame. This news makes this old but still young veteran so happy and a bit bitter cause I remember suggesting this years ago when I was a kid and people tore me a new one for it. Nonetheless hearing this news makes me want to jump back on and continue my hero adventure with hopefully old and new friends. MAN Things have been looking promising for my beloved DCUO
  7. Moonrider New Player

Same here, I would really like to know how they're going to compensate us now that all DLCs are free.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have good news for you, for almost 3 months you can have up to 8 bases on each of your characters ...

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...pdate-february-4-2021-game-update-110.313907/
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You understood correctly. Is that not how it is? I mean if you're not legendary and you have multiple toons and you end up buying extra inventory space in the market place would it not only apply to the character you're on?
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope. If you buy extra inventory space (or bank slots, or auction slots), then all characters on your account get them.
    • Like x 1
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Inventory, bank and shared bank slots are for all characters. In fact, the majority of the MP items are reedemable on all characters (except for like consumables, respecs and base items).
    • Like x 1
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Good to know, I also noticed on the marketplace both the lair and utility belt cost 450 and I have enough to buy both. Either way Legendary or not I'm liking how this is turning out out to be. Still I wished they would give you unlimited escrow instead of only for seven days. It's also really expensive!
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Where did you read this? I'm not sure what you might be referring to.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I imagine they were referring to the the potential PS5 native client.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, this won't be a thing. Going forward, players who used to purchase episodes won't have to, just like going forward, members will see different benefits. Everyone has had much opportunity to partake in the episodes they purchased, regardless of what is essentially going to be a price reduction.

We will pull episodes from the stores so players won't be making purchases right before everything is free.
    • Like x 5
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Will this apply to lairs and utility belt as well?
    • Like x 2
  18. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I understand you will remove all episodes from the store, but what are you going to do with the people who bought the an episode(s)?
    Like old dlc i bought the dlc 1-5 ect.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Will the Episode with the Lair system/white gear mods be free aswell?
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

"Everyone has had much opportunity to partake in the episodes they purchased", Which means the only case you might get a chance of a refund is if you buy the episode right before it goes f2p.

And I mean, if you bought a 9 year old episode, it's expected to lose value overtime. Daybreak Support/Steam/Console support might help with special cases (like people who bought every episode this year, but I doubt cases like that exist, since episodes were open), but don't expect a refund if you bought Fight for the Light 5 years ago.

That said, I hope they give some in-game rewards (like unlocked capsules, marks) to people who bought episodes