Brand New Characters You Would Like To See In DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, May 4, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Their license only covers the comics. Anything that appeared in DC Comics they can do. Anything from other comic companies or from live action (tv shows or movies) they can't do.

All characters Jim Lee brought with him from Image, into the DC Universe are possible. Same with Watchmen. Nothing in Marvel or [that stayed with] Image would be do-able though. Was Wildstorm brought into the DCU when Jim Lee joined DC? I think Wildstorm is still part of Image comics, isn't it? I don't remember the details on that. If it's not a DC Comics property it won't be possible.

When Charon says that, I believe he means the CWverse versions of those characters specifically (since that's what was asked for) are not possible. They can still do Killer Frost, Flash, Vibe etc. because they're from the comics, they just can't do the CW's versions of them. He'll correct me if I'm wrong though.
    • Like x 1
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Very Honored to see a green name in here, thank you for taking the time to interact with us
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

A few others I wouldn't mind seeing:

Mongul (going to War World would be awesome)

The Elite

The Royal Flush Gang
    • Like x 2
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yes i was actually just going on about Mongul the other day in league chat haha

The Elite would be really cool & since Lobo is in, Manchester Black could be just as foul mouthed
    • Like x 1
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

-Stargirl & S.T.R.I.P.E. If they have some cool dlc worthy comic material

-Despero

-Fiddler (preferably his black lantern version)

-Kryb with her back cage as a style *captive children sold separately

-Blight

-Jack Ryder as The Creeper (he’s been narrating things since the beginning but hasn’t been seen)
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

On a side note, are the “bang babies” from the old Static Shock tv series based at all on comics?

If they are, ill throw Hotstreak into the Hat
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Firestorm
    Red Hood
    The creeper
    Azrael

and better involved Martian Mahunter
    • Like x 1
  8. QBS New Player

The Suicide Squad.

I'm sure there will be a tie in at some point given the upcoming film.

So much potential.
    Literally intended to be the Dirty Dozen of comics and sadly fel short in the last film.
    Hopefully Gunn can reinvent and re-energize.

Honorary Suicider title FTW.
  9. QBS New Player

The Doom Patrol.

*See previous post for The Suicide Squad.

Cut 'n Paste.
    • Like x 1
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

oh I understand all that. But I’m sure we can agree there are characters and teams we are unlikely to see not because of licensing but because they’re not...well, I don’t know how to phrase it other than “popular enough” but I hope you understand what I mean.
    I just love Wildstorm so much that I am wondering if it’s also not very likely, just for a different reason than CW. I mean my armories have Backlash, Grifter, Elijah Snow, Midnighter, Hellstrike, and a passable Jeroen Thornedike. Until a few days ago I also had a male-version of Zealot and a pretty crappy Spartan. So basically, I just want to know where my hopes should be on the “discussing it” to “not likely” scale.
    And if any Dev is reading this, you can feel free to be completely honest. My program can handle it if the answer is no and one lost dream will not upset me. I will always love this game. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I was honestly wondering a similiar thing about He-Man, I believe in some roundabout way he is dc, but i think he has a different license too
    • Like x 1
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh I would love a Man at Arms style and I wouldn’t say no to a Merman head.
    • Like x 1
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Not sure how my other pets would react, but a Cringer base pet wouldn’t hurt. I ask for Cringer because I’m not sure I can handle Battle-Cat, my base items get destroyed enough as it is due to my other pets playing with each other. Lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

More than anything id see Skeletor being the largest selling point, if not for him being a crazy boss, the gear styles he would bring. I see plenty of ppl cosplay as him already
    • Like x 1
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Yeah you’re right. In the episode though, I insist Teela and the Sorceress appear. Teela is an amazing warrior and Zoar just isn’t enough for me.
    • Like x 1
  16. QBS New Player

The Authority....MAJOR FTW!!!
    That series rocked my world in the early 00s.

It was the Justice Lords before the Justice Lords existed.
    It was the Seven (The Boys tv show) before The Seven existed.
    It took what the SUpreme Squadron before the Squadron Supreme became evil.

It was what everyone wanted to see happen to the Justice League if there were no limits.
    And it was BRILLIANT.
    At least for the first two TPBs. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wildstorm is/was owned by Jim Lee and he brought it with him to DC. In fact, the current Time Capsule, Knight of Vengeance has a 12 piece collection that rewards the Swindler's Mask (Grifter) AND his face is featured in one of the Resistance posters in Flashpoint Gotham. :)
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Correct, otherwise most big names would be off limits.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Hey, I thought Revolution was good and I remember the Lost Year being worth reading the one time.
    but you are right they would probably be the best choice regarding the game. Even though my mind was hoping more for Wildcats or Gen 13. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times already, but Red Hood would be a cool addition. They gave us a great Red Hood style, just need a good Red Hood story, like maybe a Battle for the Cowl or the obvious Under the Hood storyline (the Return of the classic Joker(come back Mark Hamill, pls)).
    • Like x 2