DCUO Development Update - May 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, May 3, 2021.

1. Radstark Active Player

I really think all the other styles deserve to be included in the next poll, except for maybe the ones who got the lowest votes. It would feel strange if Azrael and Zod weren't included in the next poll when they're very likely to win now that Blue Beetle is out.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

I think they will pick up new suggestions next time and see if DC Approves them, this is what I understood from the Process anyway.
    • Like x 2
  3. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I know right? I know they can only make one gear suit, but even if they just did Azrael's cape and chest piece, not the entire suit. Just make the parts that are the hardest to replicate and add them separately as a marketplace style or something, that would be cool. Or at the very least have him in the next poll.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

5. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Jaime Reyes is *not* Blue Beetle!

Dan Garrett and Ted Kord are Blue Beetle!

'Nuff said, True Believers! :p
    • Like x 2
  6. tiberiusblood New Player

still no mention of new powers
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

All 3 are. They all had their unique elements. Dan's strength, Ted's intelligence, and Jaime's innocence. They all made great heroes.

I'm just glad Ted is back in the comics. Blue and Gold mini series coming soon. #gethyped
    • Like x 6
  8. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Super Great now i never have to spend another dime with you all. thank you thank you thank you.. great for me. Im not sure how it will work out for your business model but i gladly watch this train wreck lol
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It already does now in compatibility mode. The native client will just be taking advantage of the hardware upgrade (like load times with their faster SSD access).
    • Like x 1
  10. inferno Loyal Player

I am pleased to hear of a continuing Development Updates.

As a long time annual subscriber, having episodes freely given to all does make me wince, a little but I remain optimistic on your plans to upgrade membership benefits. I AM happy to recognize that having free access to all episodes has increased the population. I can only hope that with this access and perhaps an addition of the ability to enter ANY instances with any number of players will increase traffic in the older instances and that players will use this chance to get earlier feats within the game.

The changes to DLC structure of the last episode has been for the better. I think it would be for the best if this is the future structure of DLCs to come. I would add a solo elite, if possible. The 2 weekly missions is good enough, I still think having the 2nd currency that has no loot-locks encouraged increased activity in these. Having extra rewards such as elite accessories or the .4 version of the base mods to be purchase-able with this 2nd currency.

I hope that you will also consider gaining and adding more DC characters in the game as you did with Plastic Man. I am here for the remainder of the game because it is DCuo. Please don't minimize or forget that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

Or just walk away. If you didn't enjoy the game you wouldn't even be here. -shrug-
    • Like x 1
  12. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Nothing in life is free son. The devs still need paid and so on and so on. and if they are going to a free to play model. be prepared for Microtransactions out the ***. And people piss and moan now, the coming train wreck with be fabulous for those that like to see the world burn. So i have had a paid sub since day one and I cant wait to see whats coming.
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

We hope that the promises will be more successful than in the past!
  14. Eve YouTuber

I'm a girl, first of all. Never said it was? lol but you sound so negative about the game for no reason. They were always a free to play model. Even if they didn't exactly operate like this for years. I doubt we will see anything more than what we have (Booster Bundles and Time Capsules, and of course Artifacts). These keep the lights on, we will be fine.
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks for the answer.

So could run the PS5 version in a perma-Compatibility Mode (and what's the performance like in that)? Or do you think that would just be a bandaid?

I can't help wondering if the wording of the post doesn't mean they are in the very early phases of an upgrade to 4 or 5 (or rather 4 then 5 if a direct upgrade isn't possible).
  16. Scytthe Well-Known Player

PLEASE continue to make raids with different difficulties like Flash to the future Raid.

Having some very hard difficulties is needed for the players and leagues that enjoy that, if there is no choice for the players to chose what difficulty they want to play on you are gonna lose many players.

Im actually enjoying playing sévère and critical difficulties, they are actually well balanced.
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The PS5 can support every PS4 game just like it would run in the PS4 and will probably stay that way until sony drops support for PS4 in 10 years from now, but DCUO can't make full use of the PS5 SSD and power right now, which means a little bit lower quality

The "yet" caught me by surprise, but I doubt they are working on a new engine. the brand new dimensional ink game uses Unreal 4 and it is listed on their looking for jobs website like this: "Knowledge of Unreal 4, visual scripting, or equivalent." While dcuo jobs are listed like this: Unreal 3 experience (especially using C++), hands on experience implementing game systems for server based multiplayer games, experience playing/developing combat based multiplayer games (Plus it takes years to upgrade engines). The most I'd expect is a upgrade on animations and the OG textures (metropolis, gotham, watchtower, hall of doom), but so far it looks like if there is something on this, it'll come out just in 2022 or beyond
    • Like x 2
  18. Jhon Matferr New Player

Congratulations on the initiative to change the episode system leaving them for free. Will there be any changes to the "escrow"? do you plan to open it in the future?
  19. Gardel New Player

YOU SHOULD ALSO HAVE TO THINK ABOUT PREMIUM PLAYERS, WHO SPEND OR SPEND MONEY WITH THE GAME. SHOULD AT LEAST LEAVE CASH RELEASED
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Brilliant! I've really missed the roadmaps over the past few years. More transparency is fantastic!

Very much looking forward to whatever the new feature might be. My hype meter is slowly rising...

(I'm also glad that the PS5 version got pushed back until some hypothetical time when we can actually FIND one. :) )
    • Like x 4