Might DPS Master Thread - Rotations for Every Power and How to Build/Test Them

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by AV, Feb 10, 2020.

1. AV Loyal Player

Update 10 Mar 2021: 1.99.5.1 - Elec PI Sharing

- Added two new boss rotations for Electricity to be used if a Gadgets Troll, Electricity healer, or another support player popping Electrostatic Pulse Devices can establish Electrify (ie. what Grim should already be doing), bringing the power in line with others without the aid of Circuit Breaker.
    - Added the new rotations' performances to the Meta Overview spreadsheet
    - Added a new line for "Electricity (Pi Sharing)" to the Objective Hierarchy spreadsheet to show where the power stands if PI isn't an issue (and to reflect approximately where it could be if Grim applied the correct PI).
  2. AV Loyal Player

Update 11 Mar 2021: 1.99.5.2 - Clean Munitions

- Added a new Lernaea's Amulet rotation to Munitions that, though a bit frustrating and risky, lets the power deal competent clean ST damage while retaining the option to toggle AoE when desired
    - Added the new rotation's performances to the Meta Overview spreadsheet
    - Added the BiS multi-range capable Mental build's multi-target performance to Meta Overview and Objective Hierarchy
    - Added a new line for "Munitions (ST/AoE Toggle)" to the Objective Hierarchy spreadsheet
    - Corrected a minor math error in Objective Hierarchy
    - Minor change to Meta/Balance Overview section to reflect that Munitions is capable of passable clean ST with Amulet
  3. AV Loyal Player

Update 04 Apr 2021: 1.99.5.3 - Ice Tweak

- Added note to Ice's Lernaea's Amulet rotations that they're best used in raid situations or when a tank is present, as when you're top DPS otherwise you'll be interrupted a lot.
    - Added a note to Ice's General Purpose rotations with guidance on how to modify the rotation flow slightly vs targets that will die quickly in order to achieve better up-front burst without sacrificing DPS.
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Liked and massive props for the extreme dedication towards achieving the maximum possible DPS for all scenarios/situations.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. AV Loyal Player

Be warned that Pied Piper's Flute is not currently working properly on test and the issue could very well carry over to live tomorrow:

It's confirmed that, at 200, it's always supposed to have an effect (with 70%, 20%, and 10% chance of the respective tiers) but as can be seen with the middle two activations it sometimes just doesn't do anything, making it a huge DPS downgrade over pretty much any alternative. This has occurred for me regardless of which other artifacts or SCs I'm using.

I will be leveling the artifact on live tomorrow and will advise whether or not its working (and post bug threads if necessary).
  6. AV Loyal Player

Update: Hasn't worked for me at all in content on live or test yet. Recommend avoiding until they figure out what's wrong with it.
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

how recent are the current meta chart #s? -

- inquiring minds.
  8. AV Loyal Player

The relative positions are still correct but I haven't updated the raw values for CR342 yet. I'll likely do it at the same time as I update the SC sections once Piper's Flute is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Is this still an issue or has it been addressed?
  10. AV Loyal Player

They've said they have it working internally but I don't believe a fix has been pushed to live yet. I'm hoping it goes out with the seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Thanks for the heads up.
    • Like x 1
  12. AV Loyal Player

Update 18 May 2021: 1.99.6.0

- Added Pied Piper's Flute to Tactical Swap section of Advanced Techniques. Added videos demonstrating its best-case Min:Max uses as well as a general caution.
    - Updated Meta/Balance Overview for approximate CR342 values. The performances relative to one another are unchanged but the values are updated for max CR/SP.
    - Made a tweak to Celestial's All-In rotation that makes it safer (less bursty, more evenly spread power consumption making it easier to heal) and easier to execute (simpler to transition into Plague from a tap cancel, since it can't be combo'd if the power button is pressed multiple times before the combo input).
    • Like x 2
  13. AV Loyal Player

Update 25 Jun 2021: 1.99.6.1

- Added notes to Rage ST section and Meta Tracker & Hierarchy sheets to point out that a Rage player can melee DPS in full Tank gear and they'd still have the hardest hitting rotations in the game while gaining the survivability they need to make the approach more practical/viable.
    • Like x 3
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. AV Loyal Player

Update 17 Sep 2021: 1.99.7.0

- Added true, 150% max range rotations to every power that's capable (13/15 are).

These additions are mostly academic but are situationally useful in lethally buggy (eg day one STU PZe where anyone in red range of Zul/Non/Ursa and not in tank gear could be instagibbed), range/position critical content, or content where the consistency of being able to reach out and touch the boss from across the map will close the gap with more traditional rotations (eg. vs bosses that move around a ton combined with specific feat requirements). These are effectively the safest rotations in the entire game and most allow a player to run the gamut of defensive clips as well, so while we won't use them much it's valuable to know they exist.

Note: Water and Electricity are physically incapable of remotely competent DPS from any farther back than standard range, as they lack sufficient/meaningful powers that can hit from that far to sustain anywhere near reasonable (for max range) performance.
    • Like x 1
  16. AV Loyal Player

All supercharge sections have been amended to show correct SC usage with or without swaps. Proper SC use is as important to Might, if not more so, than using the correct rotations so it's fairly critical. The SC Analysis spreadsheet has been linked and updated as needed. I've left the now old Test Server change tab there but marked it as deprecated, with the Live tab being the primary now.

Despite that, I'm holding off on an official update note until I complete everything I want for V2.0: adding a few new rotations (new Light Amulet, new non-Poison Nature), additional arti details, the sections on what I personally use/recommend w tips/guidance including artifacts, DPS literacy section, and battle support rotations. Everything beyond that for future versions will be mostly technical, eg. full base dmg, range, and descriptors for every power, for technical reference, but that's really just translating stuff from my personal tracking sheets into something fit for human consumption and it won't affect rotations, so not a priority.
  17. AV Loyal Player

- Added additional link to Supercharge Analysis spreadsheet to first post of this thread.
    - Further elaborated on the exact damage sources that Berserk listens for and re-applies and updated usage notes.
    - Further elaborated upon the importance of clipping ally summon with Berserk in Rage melee builds (they're not really free to use Aquaman ally cd reduction passive like ranged rotations are so it helps to offset that huge loss).
    - Added battle tank rotations and notes to every tank power
    - Added Might-based battle troll rotations to Gadgets. For every Troll power I'll be doing both a solo buff troll build and builds for 2-troll setups where one is a full DPS build/spec debuff troll and the other is a buff troll without the constraints of having to use specific debuff powers &with additional arti freedom.

I likely won't be doing "battle heal" rotations as it's really not something that should be done in general aside from tossing Prec combos when able, supporting the group with greens, and enhancing the effectiveness of DPS buff artis. I also won't be adding battle support roles to the meta tracker, as their real-world performance will vary from instance to instance based on how much support gear/stats is needed and, unlike pure DPSing, there's effectively no attainable ceiling on battle support stats due to wider SP options so performance will vary more noticeably from player to player anyways.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lara Committed Player

Keep up the good work Av
    • Like x 1
  19. AV Loyal Player

- Added a pure Lernaea's Amulet rotation for Light. The rotation's base damage is slightly below that of the pre-existing options but this is more tactical and, more importantly, allows for 10-stacked full nut 10k/15k SC usage which more than makes up for that.

- Added an "Easy Mode" Lernaea's Amulet All-In variant to Nature. Again, this has a bit less base rotation DPS than the pre-existing options but it's **** simple, doesn't force us to monitor Poison spread/refresh, doesn't make us wanna smash something due to Poison falling off, is extremely cheap/safe/consistent, still does excellent splash, and is effectively the only meaningful way for the power to reliably do full nut 10-stack 10/15k SCs which makes up for the lower base damage.

- Fixed Gadgets Battle Troll section (I somehow deleted most of it it by accident).

- All Troll powers' Battle Troll sections are more or less complete. I've added additional guidance on how DPS Debuff Troll + Battle Buff Troll can still be done even if the DPS Troll doesn't have B.O.P. Commlink just to make it clear it's fairly easy to do. Should also note that even though these are listed as "battle" troll rotations, the solo battle troll entires still do everything a Troll needs to do for most situations, so they're effective for pure Trolling as well.

This is more a note for myself: Just need to do the DPS Literacy & SP sections, add write-ups for exactly what I use for each power + additional guidance/tips, do a full proofread (fml), Arti write-ups, and a formal version update note.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

I can't find the guide, it only says "reserved".