Dev Discussion Better Membership

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As you may have just read, we are moving forward with making all episodes free to all players and at the same time upgrading membership.

What do you wish your membership subscription included?

Please consider this thread a brainstorm - any ideas, partial ideas, thoughts, and suggestions are welcome!

• Like x 8
  2. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hello Mepps, Hello Dev Team. :)

Well, I think I'm first one to answer.
    I'll start with current membership and why I subscribed it from the start : Got membership for Market Discount and support to Game team. Restrictions were quite annoying, but not that important IMHO. BTW, if you get rid of them, it might allow more player to discover the game easier.

If I had to give membership a revamp, I'd personally get rid of money limit for free players and would include a 1 time per month box which would provide choice between various style items (for example either a material or a specific style (hand or feet or etc)).

Other Idea I would have is not only having discount on market but to have exclusive content to buy from the Market.

BTW, Keep up the good work. Thanks for asking our opinion.
    Best regards,

EDIT : Thx for the Episode 40, it's great addition to the game, styles are amazing and it's good to know you'll provide continuing storyline and to have Brainiac back. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Leveling up artifacts, especially when you have multiple characters, can be quite expensive. It would be nice to get some kind of perk/bonus to make this easier. It could be a monthly amount of Nth Metal granted to the account or maybe a % increase on how much XP you get when you feed Nth Metal into an artifact. On top of that some Seals of Preservation/Completion would also be welcome.
    • Like x 27
  4. Nukpana New Player

It would be nice if you could add multiple payment methods
    • Like x 1
  5. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

ideas for memberships? well i would wish that we get one seal of completion every month :)
    • Like x 11
  6. Eve YouTuber

- Include Membership Tiers (tier goes up every time you buy membership or renew until max which have every bonus and others)
    - Increase XP gain from leveling during 1 to 30, which can then be turned into increased nth xp drop AND nth xp leveling after reaching level 30.
    - Exclusive items that has no feats attached, such as materials, auras, etc
    - Free stabilizers, source marks, special nth xp, quarks, etc, to be with the loyalty points/dbc and replay badges every month.
    - Better quark price reduction per membership tier for the quark vendor.
    • Like x 28
  7. zNot Loyal Player

i would like to see a easyier/faster way to upgrade origin augments for episodes and a faster way to rank up OP gear pieces as a membership player

Andl a immunity to the broker fee when puting things on the broker we shouldnt pay extra for putting items in there.

Also More marks gained in episode content (episode currency)

A permament % buff to artifact XP.

A immunity to breakthrough in origin augments (always 100% chance to succed)
    • Like x 10
  8. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

not such an good idea with source marks and stabs that makes it to an new pay to win factor
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

What if subscribers Never lost access to seasonals? All seasonals open 365 days a year. Ppl who missed things such as anniversary event or who made brand new guys & might just want a werewolf head but has to wait till october, with seasonals open that problem would be obsolete. It 100% cannot compete w/ the “all episodes perk” but i think its a great start.
    • Like x 4
  10. Eve YouTuber

End Game players can rarely get any amount of decent source marks and It's only relevant to old rewards\gear.
    Stabs are already pay to win. Members should always be considered first.
    • Like x 17
  11. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

Increasing the character slots for all players!

Legendary from 16 to 20
    Premium from 6 to 10
    F2P from 2 to 3
    • Like x 15
  12. Eve YouTuber

YES PLEASE!
    • Like x 3
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Would be cool, i bought max slots, so a boost would free a few of my guys from deactivation (currently premium w/ 22 active & like 6 deactivated)
    • Like x 1
  14. talespins21 New Player

I have one if your a remember get rid of the weekly resets and let us play the bounties and things like that once a day cut the membership down to $60 for a limited time for a whole year that way u can get lots of people to join but one change i really want to see is the weekly resets and alerts but i think they should get rid of that period its to much buying replay badges all the time im just saying i spend $40 on replay badges this month and im done doing that but not just the membership people i think we should have all alerts including 8 player and open world bounties and other missions be able to do once a day and not weekly thats really the main change i want to see and that ps5 upgrade that u guys were talking about or im hearing about.
  15. Aelin New Player

The member is very expensive in my country because of the dollar, and I, like other players in my country, would like to be a member. It would be nice if you did something about it, like base the member price on my country's currency (Brazil). :)
    • Like x 1
  16. The VL Active Player

-Seal of Completion (Maybe 1 a month? I'm trying to be reasonable lol.)
    -Seals of Preservation (Yes, plural. This game requires too many, even to go through DLC's. And sorry, but not many are foolish enough to not be using them and just burn through catalysts.)
    -Increased Replay Badges
    -Increased Daybreak Cash
    -Stabilizer/Nth Metal bonuses
    -Better opportunities to get Source Marks.

That all may sound like a lot, but in truth its not. Its upping the membership benefits all across in the board in different aspects to compensate for the upcoming changes.
    I spent the first 1.5 to 2 years of this game(soon after launch) as Premium and upgraded to Membership after that because of the DLC access(Not having to purchase them individually). That and the unlimited cash were the biggest draw to getting membership.
    • Like x 19
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

Accountbound 12.500 XP Token per month for Artifacts.
    • Like x 2
  18. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I don’t know the best way to increase membership, but I won’t lie: if it is just an extra material, character slots, stabilizers, etc but no cash cap, I would probably drop sub.

ESO’s membership model is kind of interesting in that the major perks are that they have a ton of different crafting items. Members get an unlimited craft bag to hold all that stuff, plus they give you the cost of the sub back as roughly equivalent marketplace currency. There are a few other perks (including one that Daybreak/EG7 is going the opposite way, access to all DLC for members) but these are the major ones. Nothing is as restrictive as the cash cap over there.

That said... I’m not a subscriber on ESO so there you go lol.
  19. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

If anything, maybe Members can have increased source mark relevancy? Would give members more rewards in running the older not-so-new-dlcs
    • Like x 19
  20. Eve YouTuber

Yeah this can work for sure. Make older content active.
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.