Can't mail cash...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jonbino8, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Jonbino8 New Player

I'm a legendary member and I keep getting this message:

"Your account level cannot attach cash to mail"

Anyone else having this issue?

Again, I'm a full member.
  2. Oceanly Well-Known Player

they banned it along time agoi
  3. Berza Committed Player

Mailing cash is disabled since 2019.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

It's never been clearly stated if they'll ever bring it back but I suspect they feel that mail exploits are an ongoing threat so I'm not sure if it will ever be turned back on.

Bit a hassle to be sure. I think like most people who work the broker I have items spread over various toons and instead of shuffling them back to my main when a seller's market evolves I just sell on the alt. Thankfully I have someone I trust, that I can funnel money back in a safe way but I don't think everyone has that option. Also it takes a bit of time to do since as above it's across a few toons.

I would suggest that all of this would be a non-issue, both the exploit risk and hassle if they just made it so that money was account bound.
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

Sleeping under a rock much? -_-
    • Like x 2
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

im a member too and Im glad they disabled mailing cash to same account toons.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Not everyone keeps tabs on every single thing that happens in game.

And they're possibly a new or returning player.

Dont be that guy
    • Like x 6
  8. McGhee Well-Known Player

Could you elaborate on your reasoning?
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

I've already had all of that realization, lol. Sometimes, I just can't help myself. I don't mind being that guy;)
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I would love to hear your reasoning for this
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    Seriously....if they could limit it to account only mails, I'd say that's the only way we'll get it back. And it's the one real drawback to NOT being able to mail as you can't trade to your buddy if moving from hero to villain or vice versa.

....or are you being ironic?
    • Like x 1
  12. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

This is me. I quit DCUO a couple of years ago because I just couldn't take the relentless onslaught of Batman content. You'd think Batman was the ONLY character in all of DC Comics the way Daybreak overwhelms this game with his ****. Alan Moore has it right.

But back when I quit we could still mail cash between toons so this change was put in place after I left. I would like to know the thinking behind it because I can't figure it out. Thankfully I have always conducted all of my important play on just this one toon. Still, I would like to send cash to my alts as they need it.

I'm glad I read these Forums tonight otherwise I might have had to find this out the hard way and have millions stuck on a toon that I can never use.
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Ironic with a dash of sarcasm;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

• Like x 1
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

At the time, they said this was a temporary measure, and they were looking at various ways to at least allow same-account cash transfers. Since then... silence. :(
  16. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yeah, it's been a long time since we were able to mail cash to others or our characters. Couple players, including myself have suggested an alternative version of being able to do that (at least for our alts) is have a Shared Bank option added up in there that allows us to easily transfer money to our characters.
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

With the account system DCUO has (3 different types, 2 of which have cash limits), your idea can never happen.

A good solution is adding a money deposit to the shared bank, which allows us to easily move money around our accounts.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jonbino8 New Player

There's an idea. Cash in shared bank.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People were using the mail to hide glitched money and dodge a cash wipe. You can still trade cash to other players and they can trade it back to your other characters.

Devs were looking into a new way for players to share money across their characters.
    • Like x 1
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

It hasn't been silence. They've mentioned it on the Friday livestreams a few times in response to questions. They're still trying to work out a system for it that isn't as exploitable.
    • Like x 2