Dcuo 2 or continue dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Cisco, Apr 16, 2021.

1. King Cisco Active Player

They are making a new mmo rn. Why not dcuo2?
  2. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Sometimes you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

I loved Marvel Heroes and when it died, a hole in my heart opened and I have tried to fill it with DCUO and it has somewhat, but not totally. I have had a love and hate relationship with DCUO but I have spent so much time on this game that I know I would miss it a lot if it was replaced.

Plus, if you think that updating graphics will make this a better game, look at Marvel's Avengers, which I thought would replace Marvel Heroes. Yes it has better graphics, but it is missing so many other things that it makes me miss Marvel Heroes even more. DCUO 2 could be amazing but it could also be a lifeless shell of a game compared to DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

We all have a view as to how to make this game
    ..exceptional.

The problem is there are multiple reasons why it simply will be at the level it is.

While this game can be addictive, it is simply to easy and it doesn't hold like the other games.

Pick any of the top 5 and I can pretty much guarantee that, while they are fun, they actually engage the imagination.

Depending on whether a shooter or if it's strictly for the PvP, it can be down to what seems fun.

I have been thinking lately, while I like the game, I have more fun on the forum rather than playing the game.

Strange really, because I have to type rather than being able to use my mic, my friends maybe are on, but it is not the same.

COD, has survival mode, it's just as popular as it's multiplayer maps, but even there people would disagree.

When you have a game that has better graphics than say a game like neverwinter or STO, the reward system is about the same, why do people not want to play this game?

ESO, warframe, I could go down the list.

The truth is much more complicated than anything that either of us can come up with, the only constant truly is this game is to simple...it's difficult to get a good feel about.

It's not a bad game, it is lacking because it feels to simple, yet so demanding, and the feeling of accomplishment is diminished to the point that it is more satisfying to only visit the forums.

Why is that?
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They do...which is why Dimensional Ink is working on a new game (emphasis on the word new). There's nothing to talk about at the moment since it's still in the early stages of development (News of this came out around the beginning of last year).
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

WB doesn't own the game....they own the characters and universe the game is based on. WB has say one what they can or can't use, but they don't financially control the game (they just get paid for Dimensional Ink to have permission to use DC Comic characters and stories). Dimensional Ink makes the game with Daybreak Games as publisher.

DCUO is a niche game within a niche genre (MMO). It may not get the views or accolades that other games get, but here we are at year 10...still going strong. Meanwhile other games have gone by the wayside. This may not impress you much, but it's more than many other games can claim.

This whole DCUO 2 is a fantasy based on smoke dreams. No company official has ever mentioned a sequel to this game, and likely due to their license deal will never happen. That doesn't mean that there can't be any improvements. In fact, Charon and Panderus have already said there would be at some point. Development doesn't happen over night.
    • Like x 5
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You've heard rumours generated by players who have seriously strong pipe dreams. No such thing has ever been mentioned or even hinted at. What people actually heard and then twisted into something else is that there would be graphical upgrades as well as other systems enhancements in 2021. They left it purposely vague because they didn't want to oversell things and then not deliver.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The ONLY person that has ever said anything about a DCUO 2.0 is YOU. Which means you are spreading misinformation. You need to stop taking their words and twisting them into a fantasy that isn't happening. What they DID actually say is that they were working a next Gen port that would take advantage of the newer hardware. In other words they aren't making a sequel or anything "new" in that way. Just next gen client that will run smoother. There are other improvements down the pipeline, but nothing in the realm of 2.0 or any sequel.
    • Like x 4
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Why do you even respond to them anymore. I gave up a long time ago.
    • Like x 2
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I just looked at the flashpoint trailer on IGN. Has over 200k views already in only 7 hours with an overwhelming positive like to dislike ratio. Interesting.

In comparison legion trailer on ign is sitting at 60k views 5 months later.
    • Like x 5
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because if new or returning players see their erroneous posts uncontested, they start getting their hopes up for things that were never promised or even mentioned. That guy in particular has spouted that same vapor dream for years now...and as we can clearly see, no such thing has happened. By answering back (even if he refuses to acknowledge reality) others will see that there is nothing to see here in regards to his posts.
    • Like x 2
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I guess. Not many people even come to the forums anymore. Forums are kind of a relic nowadays. Either way. You're fighting a losing battle. Good luck.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There are still people coming to the forums. And when people steer them wrong, I dispel the misinformation. Believe it or not, the bad info that gets dropped here makes its way into the game. There have been many times when I had to tell leaguemates and friends that these are just some smoke dreams and not rooted in any reality. When there is actual news, it's usually announced either by Mepps or one of the Devs directly.

The battle is only lost once we let the loonies run the asylum. ;):D
    • Like x 5
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Meh. As i said. Good luck. But for me. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's the internet, somebody somewhere has got the time for it. LOL
    • Like x 3
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Also true. Just not me.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i would never log in again if they made a sequel without offering a direct transfer of literally all character accomplishments, equipment, and styles.
    • Like x 4
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It depends on what you see in A DCUO 2.

For me.. If DCUO 2 is just a prettier eye candy version of what Today's DCUO is, it's an easy pass.

But if DCUO 2 were to have:
    A good PVP system(that's not affected by any PVE changes or hotfixes.)
    WB being a lot less restrictive on cosmetics(See former dev meg's post on the superman emblem returning as an example of what I mean.)

And more involvement in open world leveling/exploration/etc, less focus on just standing around in the watchtower and waiting on a que to pop..

Then I can see myself being sold.

But if it's a game that's just more of the same, it's not getting any of my time.
  18. PolarisSylar Committed Player

If we can used our same characters, with all the items we obtain through the years in dcuo. Then, transfer same characters , to dcuo2. Then , alrights.
    ( as a company I think it better to not make a sequel. , just use the same dcuo , updated it over the years)
    • Like x 1
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

DCUO is ok as a game, but it also needs lots of improvements. If DCUO 2 was made, I just hope all the flaws from DCUO were fix for DCUO 2. My main this character customization, that would need a complete over hall if DCUO 2 was ever made. At the same time if it doesn't get made, I would understand, look how DC is on certain things, for example, Superman stuff, and other things. They tend to hold back on certain characters.
  20. King Cisco Active Player

My point exactly right now after 22 hours it has 333k views and 6k likes. And that’s just from 1 YouTube video imagine the attention this game could get with legit advertisements. How many views does a top dcuo video by obsidianchill get? Like 2k.

There are way less people that actually play this game across all servers the stats they released were 39,000. The potential market (potential people interested in dc is high) is high however once people see that the game has bad graphics, just feels outdated and that in order to make it you have to pay loads of money and have 10 years of content to catch up on (that is dead content btw) people quickly dismiss this game.

Personally i love dcuo. I just want to see it optimized.