Dcuo 2 or continue dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Cisco, Apr 16, 2021.

1. King Cisco Active Player

I’m sure y’all have seen the comments about dcuo anytime they release a video on YouTube

“Wow they need to just make a dcuo 2”

“Ps2 graphics”

“People still play this?”

“I’d love to see what they could do with modern mechanics, engines and technology”

And I must say I agree. I’d love a full on sequel/reboot with a bigger budget. I do see the potential in dcuo I think we all do as we all enjoy it. It’s the only mmorpg I can think of that doesn’t feel like a tab targeting bore.

Would y’all be upset or on board if they launched a dcuo 2? Obviously we would all be starting from ground 1 again.
    I know some of you have spent $10k+ on this game. But would you rather keep playing a mediocre game for 10 more years that is mostly reskinned content or have a full fledged powerhouse sequel?
    • Like x 2
  2. Heywiar Committed Player

I'd honestly be really pissed if they made a DCUO 2 and didn't offer character transfer.
    IIRC DCUO cost tens of millions to make. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I seriously doubt they have the resources to make a whole new game as of now. Even the current development talk with new UI's and such suggests that DCUO is staying put.
    • Like x 5
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I'm okay with DCUO the way it is.
    Maybe expand a few things, sure, but no fundamental overhaul please. No need for photorealistic graphics here.
    • Like x 5
  4. King Cisco Active Player

Ok so, people like you may be holding this game back, y’all are the life support for this current game. Only a few thousand players fund this game. However millions would be interested if it was revamped
  5. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

Go make DCUO 2 then call WB up let them know what's up and get it made my guy.
    • Like x 2
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

So... you think if we stop supporting this game, they will go ahead and make a new one?
    • Like x 2
  7. Heywiar Committed Player

Uh dude? I support a new game...I just KNOW a ton of people would leave if their 600+sp characters with SM items were completely wiped.
    I'd love to see a good and new game but the devs have made it clear that is not the direction the game is going in...that was my entire point. DCUO originally cost way more than most games at that point and they do not have the resources to fund a new game currently.
    • Like x 2
  8. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

lets be honest i was pay many ...many cash here to many heartblood but i dont give an s**** if i start with a new char at an new game all isee here are lazy guys who cry around and im sure i know why bcs u so called elite gamer have to proof once more that you be good and not just was lucky with get such of the sp u got for me i dont be scared to lose all to get a better game bcs in the end thats how games work no game is a promise of a life time if we spend to mutch money it was our fault but dont stand away of an dcuo that only shows me weakness
  9. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

and one more thing about this most of the guys cry here they need harder challenges but if we talk aout a new game no one likes to hear that why it the challange to high to start new or what....and yh i react rude bs it makes me sick how ppl change there mind like her underwear
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Would a dcuo 2 be dope? Of course.

Would updating current dcuo be cool too? Sure.

I've played almost since launch. Would i like a rollover of characters. Yeah. But if they didn't. Owell. Everything ends at some point.

Id be fine with either tbh.

That said. They've already essentially said there's no dcuo 2 coming. Unless you think their mystery game is. Which i very much doubt.
    • Like x 6
  11. King Cisco Active Player

Exactly how I feel bro! This game is still fun don’t get me wrong but it’s ancient. They have made the recent dlc look nice however it’s still on the ancient unreal engine 3 from what 2 decades ago?! Imagine a dcuo but with today’s tech
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

A sequel is probably not the best direction. But it is time for an official EXPANSION pack. Sell an expansion pack that updates the graphics engine and adds in long standing features that haven't been in the budget for monthly updates.
  13. King Cisco Active Player

Wb has loads of money. They funded the Snyder cut and threw out what $7 mil for not much revenue. Obviously there is a hardcore dedicated market for dcuo. But the game isn’t appealing to majority of gamers. Go on twitch who watches dc? It peaks at like 100ish viewers. Ok and now go look at the top 5 games rn 500k+ viewers. Ok let’s look at imo an inferior game like eso 4.4K viewers... atm rn at 3:30 pm dc has 124.
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I mean ancient? Eh. Its not cutting edge graphics. But theres very few successful mmos now that are. The top 10 mmos out now. WoW. FF14. ESO. Guild wars 2. Tera. On and on. Are all very old just updated engines and they are still popular today. Even everquest is still being developed and that game is older than WoW. For some games the stylized graphics work.

But either way.
    • Like x 1
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

WB does not fund the game. Its licensed out by them and funded by Dimensional Ink and the such. Now with EG7 their parent company.
    • Like x 1
  16. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Personally, I would not be on board for a sequel.

I've seen this argument made many times, and bringing out a sequel would be incredibly costly and very risky. MMOs don't make money like they used to. The 'gold-rush' is over for that type of game. Nowadays in the modern era of gaming it's all about 'Battle Royales', 'Live Services', 'Battle Passes' and Loot Boxes. MMOs just don't find the same audience they once did. (and not every MMO will be as successful as World of Warcraft once was)

I've also experienced the transition to a 'needless' sequel with Destiny. It wasn't good. I went from playing Destiny 1 religiously for 3 years, to giving up on Destiny 2 only a month after launch. We had basically gone from a game that had tonnes of stuff to do (and worked really well) after 3 years of updates, expansions, refinements and tweaks, to literally a 'base game' that had almost nothing to do, and ignored all of the improvements made by its predecessor! It sucked.

A sequel does not always equal 'better'.

If anything, I want to see the game we currently have updated. I've heard rumours that they are actually looking into upgrading the engine the game runs on, allowing for better graphics and performance, and allowing a wider scope for what they can do within the game, but that in itself is probably a MAMMOTH undertaking, and I'd imagine that it's a level of effort close to building a brand new game from scratch! They'd have to ensure that everything we have in the game now, 10 years worth of content, works in the new engine (and doesn't cause major issues when it goes 'live')!

It can't be an easy job, but I'd rather they focused on that than making a new game! As the Mythbusters once proved, you can polish a turd! ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Ok, people keep talking about them making an entirely new DCUO game... They have stated over and over again that they are not going to do it... I've even brought it up. So if you wanna make DCUO 2 yourself....go ahead, but they refuse to upgrade the game engine with give better graphics and content to this game.
    • Like x 1
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

We don't need a dcuo 2 they are making a dcuo 2.0 with a next gen upgrade Q3. What dcuo needs is a new revamp. iv never hated dcuo so much with stats revamp it lost everything from it even pvp
  19. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

20. King Cisco Active Player

My final point is of course on the dcuo forums that the dedicated diehard players that pay $1000+Each a year on this game of course y’all would be upset to have a sequel.

I’m saying that there are millions of others that would definitely prefer a sequel. Go look at the ign video for flashpoint 90% of comments are “I wish they just made a sequel”.

I think they could make way more money with 1 mil plus new subs than with y’all’s money haha.

Also the ign flashpoint video has 30k views in 2 hrs. That’s more than the total monthly paying players for this game. Let’s see how many views and likes that video receives. There is a larger potential market than what they have currently if that makes sense. They could easily gain a player base 10x the current size with a sequel