Why would you do this with new content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AncientSpirit, Apr 15, 2021.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s been a while since I’ve read such a misguided outrage post on here.

Available to use and given for free to all characters entitled to them and so now people are complaining about the space they take up. I dread to think how angry the vault makes them. Don’t do it.
    • Like x 3
  2. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That information was not in the grant menu and that's what I'm talking about. It goes right along with the artifacts also not being in a box and taking up more space then if you just had the box and decided to open it at a latter date, like they've done with the previous episodes. Of course the artifacts have info on them in-game, it would be silly if they didn't. Go look at the points I made. Jesus you people like to take stuff out of context.

You're a funny guy :). Why wasn't there an artifact for all 3 archtypes like in the past is what the op was complaining about? I mentioned that they are taking up space because they are. Why aren't they in a box for me to open when I want to? Why would I delete them if a feat is tied to them (don't know if there is as I haven't checked yet)? Just to have to buy them again? Not everyone has money to buy bank spaces or keep a yearly membership so space is a premium. It's one of the mini games in many mmos... play the inventory shuffle game :) The devs have even said that they've been looking at the clogged inventory issue and they addressed a bit of it in this update, which is fantastic, by making more stuff stack.
  3. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

1. If you don't want the artifact, can't you delete it?
    2. They probably should be account bound. Maybe this is a bug?
    3. I believe there's been discussion on the forums about the artifacts since it was put in the test server, but I'd have to double check.
    4. Personally, I prefer this to getting a bunch of artifacts for roles I don't use. If you think about it, they've been putting out 4 artifacts per episode, and the consensus on the best artifacts to use have remained the same. For example, it seems most DPS still use Trans, Strat, and Grim or something else depending on the type of DPS. Tanking (for me at least) has consistently been Manacles, Mystic Symbol of the 7 and Everyman. Obviously depending on the power/loadout there will be variations, but my point is we've been getting 4 artifacts each episode, most of which seem to be seldom used. But again, that's just me. Your opinion is absolutely valid though as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. PHNTM Well-Known Player

No point in you even touching this new DLC if you're complaining about inventory space. Seems like you just want to moan for the sake of it. Won't admit you're wrong so keep digging further. Pretty simple.
    • Like x 4
  5. Oceanly Well-Known Player

Ate her up left no crumbs Bestie
    • Like x 1
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

It seems that every character can get new artifacts now.
    My CR250 alt just received them today, but didn't yesterday.
    • Like x 1
  7. Realist617 Active Player

Actually I have 7 characters that are all 325+ CR and none of them got them so there is a slight bug somewhere. Not sure if it only affected some players? I also didnt get augments, I had to buy them from the vendor on my main.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Long Live the Legion didn't come out with a tank or healer artifact. Wonderverse didn't come out with a controller or prec DPS artifact. Birds of Prey didn't come out with a healer artifact. We should assume this is the new norm where every role doesn't get a new toy with each episode.

So instead of being in a box and taking up one space, they're not in a box and taking up two spaces. The audacity.

There is a feat for obtaining both which is completed upon claiming and there is a feat for getting one of those to rank 20. Pied Piper's Flute is currently broken and useless for select powersets. Circe's Mask is terrific possible third artifact if one of your characters is a tank.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW....Went in on a few lower alts last night (I think the lowest was 306) and got the arti gift. Not sure where the cutoff is, but it's not even at 321. I know it's not as low as 255 as I did not get it on a CR skip alt, so 290? 300? Anyone know for sure?
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hmm. Odd. I got the artifact/augment grant on one of my toons at 47CR. Not 147, just 47. I wonder if you've had to do the Constantine artifact mission? I'm not sure what the trigger is.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

From another poster, it sounds like maybe its sporatic. I only logged on once on a lot of alts just to change out the BOP coins and collect the free stuff. Maybe I'll get it on those today? Some might not have done Constantine, but I'd say 99% have, so I doubt that's the issue.
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oh, Circe's Mask is good? Great! Good to know! I have zero sense of how good artifacts are lmao. But yeah, I know inventory space can be frustrating but this is the least invasive thing to that in the game. You can easily delete either or both and then easily get them again if you later find you do want them. You can just go "maybe later... ok, now."
  13. Doctor Anomaly Level 30

From today's hotfix.

Artifacts
    • Claim your World of Flashpoint Artifact gift once you reach level 20.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Before you delete them.. level either either one to 20 - there's a feat.. then just dump in it in another artifact or be real frugal and wait until we get a double artifact week and dump it another
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or be double frugal and wait for the level 20 feat on 2x xp too....I normally end up doing that. Last go round I put 1300 or whatever XP in the Bop arti, then moved it to legion, then moved it to WV lasso, where it stayed and I kept it. Only 4 dios and no XP 'wasted'.

But I'm a cheapskate.

Generally I'll also do it on an low alt, where I can use their 'cannot trade' Nth, if I want the feat immediately, as that Nth can't be given to my mains.
    • Like x 2
  16. MrStoob Well-Known Player

This is what they've consistently done for the last few episodes. *shrug*

My only 'complaint' would be that in previous episodes we got some fancy nth Metals to level the things... :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Dene Devoted Player

ha ha @ ultra cheapskate thinking - nothing wrong with that..both perfectly good ideas
  18. Cap0037 Active Player

No they did not in this instance. Y
    You're simply not accurately understanding how this process has been for a long time..
    And...are you really complaining about free gifts?

1. You get them on each character. Delete away and your space magically returns.
    2. As previously stated...each character gets the same thing so your logic makes no sense.
    3. These are gifts. Perhaps they are ones you do not deserve...
    4. They don't make new artifacts for each role every episode. That's silly, unnecessary, and egregious.
    They make ones to balance out the roles that need it the most at that given time.
    They need time/resources to also start fixing old things that have been put off for too long due to the previous owners being trash.
    So they do NOT need to be providing tons of pointless baubles to please the mewling sheep.

If you have valid issues of contention, then I urge you to speak up. Otherwise please thing before you write.
    I certainly will now that I am noticing the subtle...and no-so-subtle...changes that have come from new ownership.

The future is looking bright with potential....to those with the superpower to see it.
    • Like x 1