Why would you do this with new content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AncientSpirit, Apr 15, 2021.

1. AncientSpirit Active Player

Logged in for the new episode. Immediately offered 3 gifts, including a "choice of artifacts." But why would DCU give my controller (my main, who I logged in with) a choice between a tank artifact or a Super Charge DPS artifact. (My character doesn't use a super charge power.) Why not list three artifacts and let us choose the best match for our character? Or make the gift Account based? I'm sure the intention was good, but the execution, not so much. It's free. So it hasn't cost me anything but an opportunity. Still, it was somewhat disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

There are only two artifacts with this episode, and I was granted both of them.
    • Like x 7
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

They're...
    1. Not in a box and you're forced to lose 2 bank slots.
    2. Not account bound so useless if you happen to log in a character that can't use them.
    3. Had no warning as to what they were.
    4. Poorly implemented that they didn't make something for all 3 roles.
    Sorry but the Devs dropped the ball on this. They got feedback on test that people weren't happy with only 2 artifacts and other stuff pertaining to them.
  4. AncientSpirit Active Player

Well, that would explain it. Also, I can see why they didn't make them Account Bound. Every alt gets them, so my tanks and supercharge users get them as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

1. You can delete any time
    2. No, you get them on every character.
    3. This one is false. They showed it on the live stream, they have a thread discussion specific to these artifacts. So not knowing what the artifacts are is unacceptable.
    4. Not really. They add something for different roles each episode.
    • Like x 10
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Dev who was in charge of Artifacts got a new job, so they didn't have the time to build an artifact for every role. Second, the Supercharge artifact is usable by all powersets/DPS.

It's only 2 bank slots...if you have ZERO interest in the artifacts you can just delete them ( You lose nothing other than a few seconds to delete them). If you later on decide you want one of those artifacts after all, have a talk with your old boy Constatine, and he'll be glad to hook you up.
    • Like x 5
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Thank You .
    • Like x 2
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I've logged in 3 characters now and have only gotten them on 1, so your statement is false.

You can not be expected to watch some livestream to find information that should be In Game. Most players don't even know DCUO has a forum, so that's a useless thing too in this instance. Anything in game should have information about it In Game.
  9. Eve YouTuber

No, your character has to be 321 CR (The relevant cr for this episode) to receive them.

If you can't inform yourself or check information for yourself, that's on you. You are literally blaming the Devs by something you could research because YOU are on the forums. You could go to the very thread that talks about these artifacts and get all the information you need and spread in onward. But instead you choose to complain about absolutely nothing.
    • Like x 12
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Have you ever heard about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? Maybe the next gift we get will be a book on etiquette. Be happy we received something.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    • Like x 5
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Way to miss the point there. I'm talking about the game and players in general not just me. Anything that's put ingame should have information about it's use In Game. They should not rely on some player making a youtube video, or someone making a forum post. That information should be In Game. This is a continuous problem in DCUO. You can't preview materials, you can't preview bases in the marketplace etc... This information should be In Game!
  13. Eve YouTuber

My point still stands, people should be able to inform themselves. Plus, these was an official threads by a Dev.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...pisode-40-artifacts-circes-mask.314846/unread
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...pisode-40-artifacts-pied-pipers-flute.314847/

And also, players give away their free time to help others. Devs don't "Rely" on any content creator to do anything.

Literally just hover over the artifact, if useless to you just delete it. The information is in game, you can literally read about the artifact in game and what it does. This is that simple and not that of a big deal as you make it to be.
    How is previewing materials and bases in market place even related to this topic?
    • Like x 4
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The OP's point is that this info should be in-game. Of course the OP isn't considering that Material Previews is a technical limitation.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What does it matter? If you get them ONLY on the toons which are 321+, you can either use them or not when you get the option. If you only have one toon at 321+ you get 1 set...use or delete. If you have 16 toons at 321+ you get 16 sets...use or delete. Toons at 150 are not eligible for the gift. Got a toon at 319, I'd guess that in 2 more CR you will see the gift prompt. IT should make no difference if you want or like the artis and just because there is not one that suits your purposes doesn't meant they aren't good arits...or even if they do suit your purposes maybe they are still not good arits...that's for you to decide....not DBG to spoon feed you. I'd guess Chill will have a video on them soon enough...wait for that if you want or 'gasp' read the description to decide if they work for you yourself. BTW...that description is IN GAME...it's on the arti itself.

And what previewing materials has to do with arits? Not sure. Is it an enhancement? Sure...so is PVP repair, the ability to limited queue, sort to the bottom of your inventory vs the top when sorting, more inventory slots, gender swap, Unreal 10 upgrade...whatever. Different discussions completely...I'd say start a new thread on the subject.
    • Like x 3
  16. Rorrigam Active Player

You really wont admit you are in the wrong, are you? Every artifact has the information of what it does in game.
    • Like x 3
  17. Shalayah Committed Player

Your complaint is that you got the only 2 artifacts that dropped with the new episode? I’m confused.
    • Like x 1
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

his complaint seems to be that he didn't like either of the two he got, so he thinks there should've been a third one that he did like. I think. oh, & they should've been in a box. & the box should've had a clear description of the contents of the box? or something. I dunno. I just deleted them, meself.
    • Like x 2
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well....

Since many players are on some sort of social media platform, it makes sense to utilize those platforms with updates, news and video about the game. Many players do not look for the forums because they do not care to know about the forums; by "choice" they choose to use social media more than the forums. MMO games have noticed this trend and are acting accordingly.

However, forums remain a staple database for in-game information for most MMO's. Also, the in-game patch notes give information about the latest content, items and requirements.

There is information in the game about how to use items; however, there is very little information on how to use those items effectively. That information is intentionally left out, in my opinion, so players can discover how to use them according to their playstyle and taste. If a player decides to go to Youtube to learn how to use an item, that is their "choice"; nothing is forcing that player to do so.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you get it FREE

for EVERY CHARACTER.

Throw them away if you don't like them.