Bonus Currency Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Precisely, when you are a video game studio and you announce events, you don't make last minute announcements!

As for the personal life of "X", or the way he plays the game, everyone does as he wants, the game doesn't forbid that at all, last time I checked!
  2. Eve YouTuber

Then simply don't blame them for how you choose to play the game. If you choose to play at reset, this is on you.
    • Like x 2
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

You are probably right, we have to "motivate" to do things wrong, now, because it's our fault if we play an ONLINE game at the time we want...
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

No, but it is your decision to play at reset. If you'd waited a couple of hours until after the server restart, you'd have got the bonuses. If you'd have waited until later in the morning, you'd have got the Stabiliser Duo reset too. By all means, play when you want to - but you should know by now that waiting until after the restart (not the reset) is guaranteed to get you any surprise bonuses.

As for the timing of the announcement - sometimes stuff happens that is beyond the control of Man or Extradimensional Entities. There's nothing they or you can do about it, and no blame to be apportioned.

(Cue "I want Compensation" thread in 5... 4... 3...).
    • Like x 2
  5. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

For the person complaining, remember that this is a BONUS. They didn't have to give us anything at all. They had something different planned at first but it didn't work out, so instead of us having a regular week they were kind enough to give us this. Last minute or not, they were kind and gave us something.
    • Like x 7
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I played at reset -- did Patchwork weeklies! Then I did some 31, and get this -- didn't turn in the missions yet. When I log in later, I'll still get the bonus reward. Lots of folks just did their older money raids last night, ZooE, PanE, DME etc. instead of 31 weeklies.

There's a lot to do at reset, just play it wisely and you can have it all.

Devs: Thanks for finding a way to give us a bonus, even though your original plans wouldn't work this time around. Much appreciated. And TRIPLE at that! Noice!
    • Like x 4
  7. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

Well... it is, what it is! Still can't get into the game. The load screen times out.. Tried it several times now and still can't get in.

Oh well... maybe, just maybe it'll be fixed by next week...... o_O <<< Positive Sarcasm... lol
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's always smart to pull back and think about the rhythms of what happens in DC-- there's just about always a bonus so if it's not yet announced, wait. Have a lot of artifact XP but haven't seen a bonus week in a long time? Wait. etc. etc. etc.
  9. omegahawk74 Committed Player

So is this bonus we can going to start this year or next year LOL.
  10. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I do apologize for how last minute this information became available.
    • Like x 7
  12. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Whoa, that's a lot of hate for people that work at night Fam, someone needs to make the donuts.

If I play at night because it's my day off on reset I wait to turn in my weeklies until the next night if the current bonus doesn't appeal to me, it used to be that the bonus was only on the weekend which, since I work nights and weekends I appreciate the change.
  13. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Computers can put a roadblock in the best laid plans... that's for the info when availible.
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Not being funny, but we've been here before over and over. If you play at reset, and a bonus drops unexpectedly, you've missed the boat. If you play after restart - or the next day after reset (if that is your time window) you haven't, and will get full rewards.

A lot of people assume that reset is the same as restart. It is not.

Long story short, Don't Ever Play At Reset On The Cusp Of A Wednesday Night / Thursday Morning. We all learnt that the hard way. And now you have. Congrats, you are now older and wiser.
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

If they are out of your control, yes you do. If they had simply cancelled the bonus for this week instead of granting something rather than nothing, would you still be upset? Yes. You'd have been complaining that there was no bonus this week.
  16. Eve YouTuber

At that's fine, my point is that not all people do, and most people are aware that bonus weeks can happen after daily restart.
    If you choose to play by then, kudos to you, enjoy yourself, but expecting them to change everything to your comfort time is not realistic. Mostly when it was a last minute decision. No hate, just being realistic.
    • Like x 1
  17. Vella Well-Known Player

Time to finish out my OP Face on my alt, and get some of the styles on my main + get max Solar Credits, mabye twice over.
  18. Starblast Well-Known Player

This really is the best week right now to play if you can because you technically get source marks from 3 DLCs cuz we can convert the BOP lex coins with the next one. so stock up on everything and ur good to go! Free to get all kinds of stuff you want. except for the SM....GRRRR. I digress.
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Wrong, I'm not complaining about the absence of this kind of event, I even think it's good when there's no event for a while, at least we can breathe a little on the game, but at least admit that an event is not announced at the last minute, it's clearly not professional!
  20. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Yeah, I agree expecting technology to always cooperate is not realistic and Mepps said it was last minute due to that, I get you.

I don't play instances just in case when the bonus is revealed late, I agree some of the responses have been over the top.

Makes sense.
    • Like x 1