Test Discussion Combat Pet Tier System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Apr 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello all.

This is the continuation of the baseline damage review of Mobile Combat Pets and Turret Pets that have been released from the Atlantean Seahorse and onward. With the pet rebalance out of the way - we are now able to begin looking into Tiers further. This is a multi-stage process where at the end of it, there will be a way to earn your favorite pet at a higher Tier. Not all of this will be ready in EP40 but the next steps shall begin here and hopefully by time EP41 occurs, if not before, we would like to have the system fully in place.
    • Existing Combat Trinket Pets from Atlantean Seahorse onward have been converted to the Tier system.
      • Atlantean Seahorse – Tier 1
      • Vampire Bat – Tier 1
      • Paradox Gazer – Tier 1
      • Brainiac Drone – Tier 1
      • Mother Box – Tier 1
      • Father Box – Tier 1
      • Dark Construct Bat – Tier 2
      • Shadow Bat – Tier 3
      • Freeze Drone – Tier 3
      • Source Lightning Eagle – Tier 3
      • Ensorcelled Gem Turret – Tier 1
      • Anti-Matter Shard Turret – Tier 1
      • Source Lightning Shard – Tier 3
      • Green Crystal Shard – Tier 3
      • Snake Turret – Tier 1
      • Shadow Snake Turret – Tier 3
      • Freeze Turret – Tier 3
    • Tier 1 pets behave as they do now on Live.
    • Tier 2 pets have increased in size and now have 50 percent more hit points and 5 percent more damage.
    • Tier 3 pets will have extra effects or flair to them, except for Survival Mode pets which have unique texture and model combinations and will be immune to Crowd Control and do an additional 5 percent more damage than Tier 2 pets.
    • All of the above pets have new icons that are color coded to Tier - Green = Tier 1, Blue = Tier 2, Purple = Tier 3.
    • Tier 1 through 3 pets for a new Mobile Combat Pet and a new AoE Turret pet will be dropping in the new raids in Flashpoint.
    Details on obtaining other pets that currently exist at higher Tiers will be forthcoming as we get closer to that system.
    • Like x 8
  2. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

AS a hoarder for all things in this game, the new icons for pets are going to be hard to discern one from the other when quickly tac swapping them in and out. I'd imagine if this stays the same it will be a nightmare. So I'm asking is this intended for them all to have the same icon going forward?

[IMG]

Brainiac Drone Pet
    Dark Construct Bat
    Nightmare Bat
    • Like x 2
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Really great. Any plans to expand this in the future so we can level up pets to above level 3 with maybe nth metal and have role specific pets as well?
  4. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I think the color coded and/or the icon should be more friendly for people who are color blind.

Personally I don't like the tier system, style & stats should be separate. This will have so many exploits.

Especially after this SM where speed hackers was/is a big problem.
    So the SM trinkets should be a tier 1 not a tier 3.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This time, alas, I will not be able to make a comparison test of pets from the live server and the test server. The coronavirus and Legion DLC finally killed my league back in February, so being alone I did not have an adequate opportunity to participate in the second season of SM, and what follows, there is no way to get new SM pets for me ...
    Maybe this weekend I'll just test the pets on the test server ...

At the moment, I have two points to make:
    1. The color designation of Tiers is not very good, blue and violet are difficult to distinguish, it would be better: 1-white, 2-green, 3-blue.
    2. Since the appearance of pets is slightly different between Tiers, people who like to collect may have problems with a lack of space in the inventory ...
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The "Brainiac Drone Pet" has a green designation of the first tier, but in the description it does not have any tier, and it deals damage as if it were a pet of the 3rd tier.
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Hi Charon,
    Will the Bat Drone and Joker Flying Jester be included in the combat pet tier system?
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Any chance the base dispenser changes will happen before this goes live?
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

"Ensorcelled Gem Turret – Tier 1" absent in "Trinket Combat Pet Box".
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not at this time.

Nope.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll add it in next build.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

13. Charon Lead Content Designer

The item name says the Tier, like with the others (Nightmare Bat, etc.). None of them say anything about Tiers in the description at this time.

The damage has not been touched with the Drone pet. It should be doing the same as it does on Live. There is variance of course that can make the Tiers blend together as the variance can go up to the 10 percent range of a Tier 3 I imagine. The hard numbers behind the scenes are set though, before variance happens and they are present in appropriate Tiers. The drone is not doing more damage due to a Tier setting. If it is truly doing more damage it may be more hits occurring but not damage per hit which is what the Tier system enhances (damage vs hit count).
    • Like x 1
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

English is not my native language, maybe I put it wrong, the name of the pet lacks the designation of the Tier-1.

15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Ultimately, you're right - the tier isn't there for some reason. The confusion was item name vs the details of the item (where the stats and stuff are). Internally it has the Tier in the name so will see why it's not propagating to PC Test. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  16. Only Forever Level 30

So is the damage per second of pets in each tier will vary as it does now on Live? I.e. when the update hits the Source Eagle and the Source shard (both t3) will have dps variance? Or both being T3 will dps the same?
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

The damage per hit is increased by 5 percent in Tier 2 and by another 5 percent - for 10 percent total over Tier 1 - in Tier 3 pets.

Source Eagle will now do 10 percent more damage with this release as it is now brought up in line with a Tier 3 pet. Tier 1 pets will continue to do their same damage on Live - which is a slight decrease in SOME cases but a much bigger increase for MOST cases (Seahorse for example).

T3 is the same for category of pet - So a Tier 3 Source Eagle will not be the same as a Tier 3 Source Shard but they will both do 10 percent more damage now as a Tier 3 pet than they did on Live when Survival Mode launched.
    • Like x 3
  18. abdul qayyum New Player

Hi Charon, if possible, can you make the cooldown of the turrets shorter?
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or nit but torrent trinkets use to have a cooldown of 40sec. Then one day I came on and didn't even see a patch note about it being put to all that other cooldowns. I remember saying how op anti matter torrent was because it was a 40sec cooldown. I even spammed all five Toons to get it on them. Now its just a risk using them bosses never stay in one spot anyways. So yea it should go back to 40sec or maybe it was 60sec one of those 2
  20. abdul qayyum New Player

That's the reason why i suggest it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.