Could you please start taking actions against people who benefits from the hackers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Echi, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Echi New Player

First, speedhackers they ruin the game period (please do not say the contrary, it affects economy and gameplay and I do not care the stupid excuse of boohoo I don’t have time to play, I have family, etc. so face it, its cheating). And let’s be honest in no other game it allowed to use hack, so do not condone it.

But you know what is worst? people who benefit from it, because let's say the hacker account get banned, so what? they get a new account and keep selling carry to round 30.

But what about the other person, the one who encourage this? Because if it wasn’t profitable and took more severe sanctions there would be no market for them. Or at least they wouldn’t try to do it.

PLEASE act against them. PLEASE BAN THEM TOO.

Or get rid of all the artifacts and progress. Since they have money to spend on a speedhacker, they probably have the money to get all the artifacts back again and maybe just maybe they will learn how to play the game and do it the right way.

Anyway, thanks for reading ;).
    • Like x 12
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

+10, but you need to report them in-game AND on the DCUO site.
    • Like x 3
  3. Serene Level 30

Totally agree!!

I am tired of people giving sh**** explanation of why they use it, because at the end they get away with it since they do not have any repercussion.
    • Like x 4
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

One thing to keep in mind is that, unless it's a HUGE deal, we probably aren't going to hear about any actions taken. The devs tend to stay quiet when it comes to disciplinary actions they take and the players themselves might not be able or willing to say much about it.
    • Like x 3
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

You’re right, but, in the case of people who group with speed hackers, they could easily confirm that they do take action, but they stay silent on this specific form of cheating, and do nothing. Report someone who you know for certain has benefited from wilfully grouping with speed hackers on multiple occasions and watch while nothing happens, if you don’t believe me.
    • Like x 1
  6. Berza Committed Player

The problem: purposely grouping with a speed hacker to profit from their actions is not against TOS.
    The solution: update TOS to make it an offense. Mepps already stated they are looking into it.
    The problem of this solution: Daybreak can't change the TOS, which is a legally binding contract, without the agreement of all parts. For PC players that is easy, Daybreak accept their own changes, and players can accept, or can deny and not log into the game. But for PS players there is a 3th part involved, Sony. Daybreak can't change the TOS and ban PS accounts without Sony permission, because PS accounts are the sole property of Sony.
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

They won't anything about it. I reported over 50 people who were accomplices to cheaters and these days, speedhackers get easily banned, because they get detected within the game, however their accomplices will always walk free no matter how much report or talk about it. It seems like the money they put into this game is more important to the Devs than their moral.
  8. Blue Active Player

I agree, I know a league on the USPS side making bank of speedhackers. I have reported them and everything and nothing so far.
  9. kingmasternova Loyal Player

If the dev's wat to make money from RB's let us share styles & feats with friends & leaguemate.

In the mainframe of your base we have permission to allow players to go in your base/league hall.
    If we can use RB's no our alt's we should be able to share style & feats with friends & leaguemates.

Look what would happened to the bots, trolls, ect.
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

I see what you’re saying, but just because grouping with speed hackers is not explicitly prohibited, I still believe TOS entitle DI to take access. Players agree not to (quote):

‘Do anything that might interfere with or adversely affect any Daybreak Game(s).’

I would argue that entering content with another player with the intent to manipulate game combat breaks that Term. It’s all about intent, not who is physically pushing buttons.

Furthermore, players agree not to (quote):

‘Attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers from which any Daybreak Game(s) is/are operated.’

Again, I believe if you can demonstrate that someone intentionally grouped with a speed hacker in the commission of this breach, they have breached that term.

Furthermore (quote):

‘All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. [...] Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of, and restrict access to the Daybreak Games by, any end user that engages in any form of cheating“

Honestly, cheating is ruining gaming all over the world right now and gaming companies have a duty to honest, paying gamers to do all they can to stamp it out. I don’t think the position that someone who wilfully and repeatedly groups with speed hackers isn’t cheating is a strong one, therefore players should expect action as prescribed in the TOS.
    • Like x 1
  11. Berza Committed Player

While I agree with you in that DI may be able to take action based on the parts of the TOS you quoted, I am afraid Sony can see it in a different way. If a player is not directly breaking those rules, and by that I mean actively hacking, they are innocent by the letter of the rules, even if they are guilty by the spirit of those rules. I am not lawyer so I don't know how this would be solved in a court, but I am pretty sure DI needs Sony approval to ban their accounts based on "intent".
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Daybreak don't need Sony's approval for anything, they're not being banned from PSN they're being banned from DCUO, they're not the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Berza Committed Player

Accounts are property of Sony. But hey, let's hope you are true and we stop seeing all people we know runs with speed hackers logging in the game.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

The Daybreak/DI accounts are not property of Sony.

Sony run the Playstation Network on which Daybreak operate their game, the PSN is entirely separate.

For example if you were to receive a ban from DCUO you could not log in to DCUO, but you can log in to PSN like normal and play any other game you wish on the PSN.

Game specific bans have very little to do with Sony themselves.
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

When this subject came up a week or so ago Mepps stated that they do ban speed hackers and that they're always working on it or something to that effect. I don't know why it seems to be the opposite in game. I very rarely encounter speed hackers. I did come across one during the anniversary event raid and they disappeared after downing the first (or second) boss. Before that there was one on Titans Island melting down the giant robot when the content first went live.

I can't think of any big exploits or hacks being done in any content for quite some time. Maybe its because I keep to myself and and the big leagues have managed to keep these things secret or content has just been easy enough that looking for glitches isn't worth it anymore.

Cheating of all manner is very easy to avoid in game. Don't let the ones doing it get to you, eventually karma will come around.
  16. Berza Committed Player

This quote from Mepps seems to me to tell a different story
    But maybe I am wrong.
  17. Serene Level 30

Sad but true, but If people stop doing post like this... is the same as silently accepting the fact that they wont do anything. As long as we keep it as a important topic at some point they would have to do something about it... maybe? hopefully?
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Right....cause then you wouldn't even have to bother grouping with the speedhacker who is selling level 30 carries...they could just friend you and share the feats.

Yeah, this would increase some RB sales, but I'd guess we'd see an uptick in bots/trolls as you just made cheating 1000% easier.
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

There are a lot of us who would like to see that happen. However as it has been correctly pointed out this does require an update to the TOS... but this update would strengthen and clarify the position that knowingly running with a speed hacker is the same thing as being the speed hacker. Once that is done (it will require legal review from Daybreak's legal team) and implemented, there will be changes and I think it will work out well in the end.
  20. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Its pretty obvious that fishy stuff went down this year by the amount of people who are walking around w the lightning back, alot alot ... but be careful what you ask for, it could be your homie getting banned next and instead of logging on demanding action be taken against people involved in speed hacking, youll be pleading for mercy for you friend that got sent on vacation. Tables turn, remember that.