Test Discussion Episode 40: Artifacts - Pied Piper's Flute

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berza Committed Player

Maybe I am understanding wrong what the Artifact does but, isn't it 70%+20%+10%=100% chance of proc?
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You have a 70% chance to deal an additional 15% damage, a 20% chance to deal an additional 30% damage and a 10% chance to deal an additional 45% damage ....
  3. Berza Committed Player

So, isn't that a 100%?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't add them together. There's a 70% chance for A, a 20% chance for B or a 10% chance for C.
  5. Berza Committed Player

So, could 2 or 3 of them proc together?
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For a combined total of 90% damage?
  7. Berza Committed Player

Yes. I mean, if the chances of the different procs are not one or another, they could be one and another. Not sure if I am being clear.
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

After your question, I myself became interested ... I spent 20 minutes testing ... I don't know, maybe I'm too unlucky, but I have never had the effect trigger twice, or even more so three times;).

By the way, can someone confirm that the number of rats increases depending on what percentage of damage worked (15,30 or 45)?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're being clear, I just don't think a 90% damage increase is in anyway realistic. Do you?
  10. Berza Committed Player

Maybe because my first impression was correct and the 70+20+10=100 formula is true.
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

I don't think they can. I even rewatched Penryn's video several times in slow motion (saved time XD) & the log always only gave a uniform number for the rat attack. But i'll double check later today to be as certain as possible.

But in seeing its always uniform & no mixed procs it gives the impression that there's a 30%, 80%, & 90% chance a player won't get a proc for a tick of super charge. More adds may boost your chances but you're not guaranteed a proc on every add & those chances drastically decrease in single target fights.

But i'll have to play around with it some more :)

But if we are understanding the proc chance incorrectly I would be happy & more optimistic if Ranmaru corrected us lol :)
  12. Berza Committed Player

Nope, for that reason I thought it was a 100% of proc, with different chances for different values of extra damage.
  13. Berza Committed Player

I find weird the multiple proc. It's for that that I thought the different % of proc chances would be additive.
    Let's see if Ranmaru can make it clearer.
    • Like x 1
  14. AquamantheKing Level 30

I don't think this artifact is meant to proc every single time you cast a super. I don't think that's how probability works. And it definitely isn't meant to stack those procs.
  15. Yaiba Committed Player

I prefer this explanation, it means we will get extra damage whenever we pop SC, so at worst case scenario, we get 15% more damage (still lower than EoG). :oops:
    • Like x 1
  16. Berza Committed Player

That's how I understand it, that at rank 200 it has a guaranteed proc, with the variety being in the amount of extra damage done.
  17. Ranmaru Developer

Berza is correct, at rank 200 you have a 100% chance to cause a swarm upon activating a Damaging Super Charge
    At rank 80 you have a 50% chance to activate a swarm
    At rank 120 you have a 60% chance to activate a swarm
    And at Rank 160 you have a 90% chance to activate a swarm.

Swarm should only activate once per supercharge, even when using a DoT; if you rolled a 45% damage increase all ticks of the DoT will have 45% increased damage instead of rolling every single tick of damage.
    • Like x 6
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well dang, that's a lot more impressive than how most of us seemed to be thinking it works. This thing is going to be tacswap gold
    • Like x 1
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Thank you for clearing that up :)

It seems a lot more interesting to me now lol.
  20. Ranmaru Developer

Sadly the way it functions, its listening for damage from the super charge itself. Since buff SC's don't 'technically' do any damage it can't amplify it. Its the same issue with the Sorc SC since it spawns pets & the pets do damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.