The superman emblem from Death of Superman will it ever come back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kye Son, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Kye Son New Player

Hello I’m new here to the forums so this is my first thread. I’ve been told at some point in time there had been a Superman emblem from the vendor for the Death of superman episode and sadly it’s been removed because it was a limited time item, which I see is also a feat within the game. I’m somewhat of a feat grinder myself and I’m just curious if the devs would consider bringing this emblem back? but permanently? I mean it is a feat it’s 10pts and every feat counts if you want your character to become stronger. So in my point of view I see that it’s unnecessary to remove said item if it contributes towards acquiring more skill points, I mean personally I definitely want to get my hands on it and at the same time I’m grinding out for skill points so I can try out the different roles within the game besides dps. I mean the only way I can see it potentially coming back is if theres another superman episode to be released in the future but I can only hope. I’d like to here your thoughts on this?
    • Like x 3
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As was stated WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED and has been repeated countless times since then....

NO!!!!!!!! STOP ASKING!!!!!!!!

It was part of their LEGALLY-BINDING LICENSING CONTRACT WITH DC COMICS TO USE THAT LOGO that it had be made UNAVAILABLE on December 31st of 2018. Players had at least 6 MONTHS to obtain it, and if you missed it, you missed it. IT CANNOT AND WILL NOT COME BACK!!!! NOT EVER!!!! SAME WITH THE BATMAN V SUPERMAN EMBLEM SWAG BAG!!!!

Can they do another Superman Emblem at some point? MAYBE. But the old ones are gone forever.

I just wish they would have included it in Style Unlocking Phase 4, so I could unlock it on other characters besides the one that grabbed it. But I have to keep waiting. :(
    • Like x 3
  3. Akaiko Well-Known Player

The emblem itself will probably never come back.

However, I am of the opinion that the feat should be able to be earned by acquiring about half the tributes that were required to earn the emblem originally. I say half since the emblem is not possible to be granted. This way it is somewhat fair in terms of doing the work for the feat while acknowledging that you can't get one of the attractions of the feat.

I do not mind the idea of a different emblem in the future being used as a stand-in to allow the feat to be achieved either. However, as that potentially runs into the same problem (just with a different emblem), I think just giving another way to earn the feat itself should be fine. You had to run the content (or buy the tributes from the marketplace) to get the tributes to be able to purchase the emblem.

Personally, I believe the emblem should never be unlockable. If the toon didn't get it (or didn't exist) when it was available, then that toon is just out of luck. As the feat is unlockable for replay badges though, I think there should be a way for everyone to earn the feat.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A limited time offer means limited time offer. If you need a 10-point feat there's a new episode coming this month and a seasonal after that, plenty of 10-point feats to be gotten.
    • Like x 4
  5. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I find it somewhat ridiculous that a DC superhero game that includes Superman in it does not allow people access to a Superman Emblem. All other emblems are no problem. From Flash to the Green Arrow. But we can't have a Superman Emblem, the Superhero who is the flagship of the DC Universe. Superwoman? Yeah no problem. Superman? Can't do it. (smh at the ridiculousness)
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DC Comics has the final say in what property of theirs can and can't go in the game. Like when the Batman vs Superman swag bags (emblems included with those too) were prematurely and swiftly pulled without warning. The House of El 2019 suit (retextured House of El Warsuit) has a color-locked emblem on the chest, belt and cape.
    Batman's 80th Emblem was another limited time only emblem available in March-September 2019.
    • Like x 3
  7. myandria Item Storage

Well, unfortunately that one will never come back in it's original form; you missed the train on that one. DC has a history of having a very tight grip on it's intellectual properties and licenses, so when the devs give out a limited time iconic item, it is best to try to be there to grab it. Perhaps the devs will be able to give out a variant of that emblem (like they did with the House of El Warsuit) but there are no guarantees that they will get permission to do it.

However, there is Green Arrow's 80th Anniversary this year, so maybe, perhaps the devs will have permission to give us something for it. I think "Flash Day" is coming up as well, and sometimes we get a special pack for that. The Spring Seasonal Event is coming up, April Fools Event should start tomorrow/today (DCUO does NOT do Easter, lol) and we have a new episode coming up as well. Even though you cannot get that Death of Superman Emblem, I do recommend getting feats from that content; most are easy to get.

Do not stress so much on what limited time items and their feats you have missed out on; it will frustrate you and drive you nuts. Going forward, keep your eyes and ears out for any limited time packs/boxes/items that the devs may offer.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, luckily for all of us, Mepps and the other Devs have stated repeatedly that it is their goal to EVENTUALLY have ALL styles be Unlockable, it's simply a question of when.
    • Like x 4
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I wish the emblem would come back because I started playing in 2019 and missed it entirely (I did get the Batman emblem so I guess that's something). However, if we can't get the Superman emblem back maybe we can get more Superman armour styles, such as a basic Superman suit style, an Eradicator style (From Reign of the Supermen) or a Cyborg Superman style. I do have the House of El and the Fallen God styles and they are decent enough for what they are, but I prefer a more classic Superman style.
  10. Megzilla Developer

I appreciate that you recognize Superman a flagship character of the DC Universe, and his iconic shield emblem is part of that. The limited use of the Superman emblem is to protect the branding and image of Superman. For example, I'd imagine they don't want to see characters misrepresenting Superman and what he stands for by doing villainous deeds or engaging in non-Superman-esque behavior. The fact that we were able to get any kind of version of the emblem at all was pretty incredible. We still ask from time to time about usage, since we know it is a very popular request. I hope this can provide you the perspective to better understand this particular situation.
    • Like x 18
  11. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Then perhaps you should remind them that plenty of people in the comics also wear the House of El crest and do terrible things while wearing it. They should probably never use Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, Kara's parents, H'el, or anyone like that ever again. You know... to protect the brand of the logo.
    • Like x 1
  12. Megzilla Developer

We do our best with what we can work with.
    • Like x 11
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Well done for the welcome, Mr Selfish! :D
    • Like x 4
  14. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Is it possible to remove the feat?
    Any item(s) that could end up not returning shouldn't be a feat(s) just imho. By the way I do have the superman logo.
    I do understand where the people are coming from.

If they cant then just give everybody the feat, or just make feats system daily, weekly, and monthly.
    1 Star- Daily
    2 Stars- Weekly
    3 Stars- Monthly
    • Like x 3
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Their toys, their rules. They get to determine how and when it's used, and it doesn't have to make a lick of sense to us. Heck, they don't even have to explain their reasoning to us.

Is it frustrating? Sure, I won't deny that. But it's part and parcel of using a licensed IP. The same kinds of things happened with Star Wars Galaxies and LucasArts back in the day.
    • Like x 5
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Instead of removing the Honorary El feat altogether, could you look into that feat being adjusted for players that missed out? Change it from "Collect the Superman's 80th Emblem" to "Collect the Superman's 80th Emblem OR _________"
    • Like x 3
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I think we've all seen Man of Steel, BvS and all versions of the Justice League; so they probably don't need to be reminded of any of that.

I think this is why emblems related to the rest of the Alphabet / Kryptonian houses have always been popular as a request too. In the absence of the El logo, players could still get an alternative that lets their character play as Kryptonian.
    • Like x 1
  18. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I appreciate the response to this thread, as I'm sure it can grow tiresome answering the same questions over and over.

But as I mentioned in my post, instead of the emblem itself, perhaps more Superman themed armour sets, such as Eradicator or Classic Superman for the heroes and Cyborg Superman or Superboy Prime for the villains? I know this is just as unlikely but what can I say, I just a big Superman fan.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And as it is, we have the Ultraman (Crime Syndicate) Emblem, fully tintable, in both regular and Enhanced (glowing) versions, and we have the Ultra-Kryptonian Cape, fully tintable, which, while hard to obtain, is much nicer looking than any of the Superman/House of El capes they've given us!

But at the same time, we have a number of Villain Styles that incorporate the the House of Zod Emblem into them, but we've never been given that Emblem by itself. I'd say a fully tintable House of Zod Emblem is long overdue! ;)
  20. Shalayah Committed Player

Personally I don’t see how missing out on some feat points is gonna hurt you or your character lol. I don’t got it, but I also don’t care. You’ll make do without it
    • Like x 2