Make older raids, alerts, duos possible to enter as solo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PlayerNumberWhoKnows, Mar 15, 2021.

1. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Good points there, for sure.
    Some was mentioned here earlier similarly, from what you wrote there.
    • Like x 1
  2. Cap0037 Active Player

Right now I can solo older raids on my PC.
    I literally boot up 8 different active accts that the family has.
    In WOW I used to solo instances. Ture they'd have to age a bit for me to be able to do so, it was a fund, challenging thing for a designated Soloist.

I don't even care if they do much QOL changes other than removing the need for other players to active gates (Like in Flash duo and Inner or Outer sanctum (I forget which and IDC to look it up).

Open the doors and let us in.
    Stop only catering to a very specific subset of the population, the same that elite renown/ Sim content/ect. are designed for, and starting heading in the direction that opens up the game to all player types.

Please, Thank You, and Drive Thru.
    • Like x 3
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's kinda the point anyone who mentioned those things is making... it's not as simple as people think it will be. It requires a radical change to some of the mechanics in the instance itself and that's not a small ask. You're changing the behavior of the instance based on how many people joined it.
    • Like x 1
  4. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Haahaha, You solved that in an unique way, nice. :D and more power to you. Still hoping for the less horsepower PC I have, there gonna be a solution/QOL change for the rest of us. 3 players are still much better for Inner Sanctum than 8 for the terminal activation and Kahndaq with 3 etc.
    and still waiting/looking forward for the EG7 takeover - QOL impact on DCUO. Lets say they need time, I'll admit that, and lets see if it matters or not, and thats the thing gonna show itself anyway/anyhow.
  5. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Making them possible to be entered as solo is not the same as changing them to be able to be completed as solo, thats where the ~3 players option come in,
    in some 8 player raids etc.
    Could be pushed and released in segments as well, not all options have to be developed and deployed all at once. But it would be cool if it starts somewhere. Getting started...
    • Like x 2
  6. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Please don't let these topics, requests, QoL possibilities/changes/updates fade away. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes:
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Last I knew, they stopped making walk-in portals and closed at least Paradox because it was causing issues with the game at-large, not just with that piece of content. I can't exactly remember what the issue was, but if it was from having too many instances being opened up (and draining server resources as a result) then that would probably have to be addressed before they start looking at making new gateways available.
    • Like x 3
  8. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Thanks for the heads up with that.
  9. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

I think a teleporter for us to walk-in to instances is one of the few things the whole player base wants as a whole. Cmon devs why u hate us :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I remember a dev mentioning it there was some issue why they can't do this, I forgot why. But I would like to see it for all content.
    • Like x 2
  11. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

We would like to see. :( Yes!
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You don't. You put a 'mechanics minimum' note on the description and let someone queue in solo. If they want to solo Khandaq, let them try. BTW, there are collections to be farmed and briefings or investigations to be found that do not require finishing the map (except the ones in the throne room).. Now I know Khan is already good as it has a walkin, but there are a TON of runs that you can work on things with less than a minimum group. GOM, 2 skilled players can finish the 1st and 2nd boss feats without ever running into the issue they will have with the lightning chain (impossible with 2). I have personally done the Inner cogs by catwoman with 2 people, although I'd say most would say that minimum is 4. Let the people queuing it beware and if they are unaware of mechanics, maybe they should not be soloing it.

Building in more parameters, making changes to the runs or accommodations for people that don't know what they are doing will hang the project up or make it impossible. Open it up to queue with your current number, let the queue'r beware. Besides, there are 4x as many runs that do NOT require multiple users as there are runs that do. Also if you are queuing solo into an instance, the option should always be there to 'find more players' once in. Likely you'd pick up 1 or 2 out of the 8 normally required to queue in. Most mechanics could be done with a few competent players. Did this the other day with LnW. Queued myself in with 7 fillers, then after they left I opened the run (didn't need the help, but was being a nice guy). Picked up 3 random people from queue. 3 people that would NEVER have been able to queue in as that was as many ever showed up for the whole run...not 8. One guy was a lowbie, so we also did all the feats for him (except the sentinel's count....that takes about 20 min too long). All because I was able to queue in 'solo'.
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Been doing this for 2 years now. Just kind of a drag is all....and most people (especially PS4 users) don't have the option to run 8 accounts simultaneously.
    • Like x 3
  14. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

This speaks for a thousands words. Kinda sad, at least for me. But happy for you, who can make it.
    • Like x 1
  15. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Too bad we have to use these kinds of workarounds to make things work or sometimes even exist in the game, or too good for some, because others can't do the same, its an advantage or just adaptation who knows and who can tell. Or simply, fairly or unfairly it is just: is
  16. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Hello Devs
    Any news on this?
  17. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

2 weeks since thread start.
    DEV ?
    :(
    pls.

hahaha :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I hate to tell you but as this topic has been brought up for a few YEARS now over maybe 100+ threads, I doubt you will suddenly get a reply...no matter how many times you 'bump' with a 'any update devs?' post....even after 2 weeks. As far as I've ever heard almost everyone here (and most in game) would agree that it's a good idea we'd like to see. I believe the devs know this already.

But keep up the good fight I guess. 'Squeaky wheel' and all that...
    • Like x 3
  19. Panderus Senior Producer

Let me just put this in my pocket... Oh look, it's full of this suggestion already. Maybe its a good one. I should find a place to do it sooner rather than later...
    • Like x 24
  20. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • Like x 1