Survival Mode Made Easy: Tips, Tricks, Tactics, and Quick Reference to Help You Succeed

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by AV, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

It's well detailed, much appreciated!
    I'm a tank and while I know to stay near fires when he does the rain thing, I found it hard to survive during this phase and when he summons an add. Perhaps during those few attempts that I did I was too tired and my reaction timing was far from ideal.
    I suppose another problem was that I was the only one doing counters (aside from Flurry Shot dps), I'll try to get a group to help me with it. :oops:
    Thanks for the help!
    • Like x 1
  2. AV Loyal Player

FYSA, while solo battle tanking Ultimate Soldier at 29, I strongly advise against using Snow Devil as it results in screwy pathing behaviour that causes the server to launch US towards his target while turbo-clipping a Mortar or mid-way-through-it-already melee Rifle combo anytime the Snow Devil blocks his path as seen here:

Was able to consistently replicate the behaviour anytime Snow Devil blocked his path like this, with US very clearly stepping on it and launching himself forward while turbo-clipping. Bit of a bummer since this is the only high level boss a tank can cut loose on but not the end of the world and doesn't really hurt our DPS to not use it (at least not relative to the number of times Snow Devil'll let US straight up Spartacus your ***). Dramatization of the effect/outcome:

3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I finally managed to beat Mr Freeze on R15 and on our best attempt we got King Shark down to 50% but ooof that was painful.

King Shark's BB (Stomping Smash?) rips through the shields for 400+k.
    All this kiting and rolling around and going out of range doesn't make me feel like I'm a tank, more like a porcelain ballerina doll :oops:
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Lucky you, I can’t get my friend past Quick. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Johnny's full of BS. He can quickly kill multiple people with his spinning arm attack, it can be interrupted but it has no tell (though his pattern can be kinda predicted) and is easy to miss. From my experience it's mostly about fast pick-ups.

If you need a tank, I can help with R1-14.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

We’re at 13. We’re so close but we just can’t do it and the stress is starting to affect me badly. I think I need a whole group for him. :(
  7. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Deep breaths, buddy. If it's too much, take a short break. SM isn't worth one's nerves.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

We only have this tiny window to get him the Freeze goons though. This isn’t my scene, and I know it. But we have no choice. :(
  9. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

yes they do it for me to help me get my henchmens and idk if thats the real way to play games elite players say they need challanges but i think to lock stuff and make it that hard to get ICONIC STUFF isnt the way here all of u think for one second there can be something in this game that makes u think wow i want that so hard but i just cant get it how would that feel? well thats the situation im in now and i think its an shame if ppl tell u yh dont cry around u have to take it how it is

i really feel bad that im the weak one in a group of guys that are op and i have to nearly bagging that someone help me thats what your sm brings us and if we dont do something against this sooner or that game gets empty and that cant be what u guy really want
  10. PHNTM Well-Known Player

What has your two week long agenda got to do with AV's SM guide?
  11. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

tbh i just was reacting about someones post but hey its ok im done
  12. AV Loyal Player

Wasn't initially gonna upload 21-24 but was requested to do so so here's an example of how to handle Minotaur. Went with this run as this is from a partial pug and shows how to deal with any mistakes (eg. missed chains).

I forgot to start recording til right after I pulled. On initial pull, suggest either clipping with Phase Dodge or being fully shielded and immediately lunging after you tag, as he always opens with his BB.

Also, not seen here, his post-charge lunge (if you missed the chain) is also capable of breaking the chain (but will generally kill his lunge target). As such, you can have someone take one for the team and eat a lunge on the chain, which will stun him and allow time for pickup.
  13. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Man I'm not sure if Ice tanking is that easy or my artist are that low, but on rage a bb from minataur is a 1shot.
  14. AV Loyal Player

I've now fully edited/redone/updated the original guide posts for Season 2 and added the videos for each. I never bothered recording a Vandal Savage fight but will for my next R21 loot run for completion sake.

• Like x 1
  15. Gabriel ct8 New Player

Quick question:
    How , as rage , I could keep agro on zeus out of the target?
    I saw u using snowball to keep the agro, any advise ?
  16. AV Loyal Player

Test Rage Blast
  17. Lara Committed Player

Awesome Thread!:)
    • Like x 2
  18. AV Loyal Player

Added vid for Savage, not that it's likely needed.

• Like x 1
  19. AV Loyal Player

Added a note that when Deathstroke does his blue laser sight sniper rifle thingy that doesn't appear to do anything, he becomes immune to everything for the duration and cleanses all debuffs. It's very important the attack debuff be re-applied as soon as possible or he's capable of shredding the tank right afterwards.
    • Like x 1
  20. AV Loyal Player

I've only seen a little QQ at the fact Zeus' Effigies sometimes don't have weapons but it's been vapid enough I felt the need to show how ridiculous calling it an "exploit" is.

I was originally 100% on board the "It'S aN eXpLoIt! Q_Q" derp train but I'm sorry.... this isn't how an exploit works:

An exploit is not something that just happens every single time you pull an add by playing the game 100% the way you normally would. There is absolutely nothing abnormal, special, or nefarious required for this "exploit" to happen. To the few people QQing at this and claiming they went 10/20/30 without ever pulling/CCing a statue on spawn and accidentally causing this, I straight up do not believe you.... especially groups 2-tanking the whole damn SM with one tank doing nothing but waiting to grab them. This is hard to avoid without playing in a completely abnormal way.

It's by far harder to have them always have weapons than it is to have them always not have weapons while playing in any manner close to what would be considered normal/appropriate in an add-spawn situation. I've beaten R30 several times now and have handled every Effigy with weapons and had runs where some had weapons and some didn't and this is a very stupid hill for people to die on.

The window on this is huge. It looks like pretty much any hard CC within about 3s of spawn denies the Effigies their weapons. You have to really be asleep at the wheel, have a Lasso pull do a weaksauce non-CC tug, or overtly, intentionally not CC them for a long *** time for them to attack. What's more, whether they attack or not the difficulty of the fight isn't dramatically altered in a solo tank scenario (1x Lasso player drags them along inner circle ahead of Tank & Tank alternates taunting Effigy and Zeus while kiting, which is easy because the Lasso player keeps the Effigy in a place where it's easily targetable without blocking LoS, so Zeus also stays easily targetable), and there's zero effective difference with 2 Tanks (except that the Heal/Troll Lassos the Tank Effigy to keep it off the Tank in that case instead of lassoing the DPS Effigy to keep it off the DPS like they would solo-Tanking).

Is it an oversight? Maybe. Calling it an exploit though? Get lost. To whinge about something that occurs every single time via playing the game 100% normally and pulling the adds on spawn is utterly ridiculous. It's especially ridiculous coming from groups 2-tanking it, which already completely trivializes the R30 fight in that taking grandpa for a walk at Zeus' slow movement speed while the practically invincible group focuses the add that has zero chance of killing them isn't exactly a challenge, it's just slow. The difficulty peaks at 26 & 27 no matter how a group slices it. Any group that can actually make it to 30 is capable of beating 30, weapons or not. Want more of a challenge? Don't 2/3-tank SM. Regardless, behaving as though a group should flush 13+min worth of US and up to 30+min worth of Zeus x4 ppls' worth of time down the drain over this, when just playing the game normally causes it, or they're "exploiters" is nonsense.
    • Like x 1