Legion DLC, the most boring DLC ever?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 24, 2021.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I think the point was the DLC itself was lackluster. Which to me it is. Having the attitude towards people like oh you dont need to do it. No they dont need to. But a game should be enjoyable to you. Fun is subjective yes. But it seems the overall sentiment is these types of DLCs breakdown alot quicker and wear people out than our traditional ones.

It doesnt have anything to do with obtaining everything. I didnt see anywhere where they said they did. Ive grinded a lot of the items. But there's a lot i dont have as well. But i dont really have the desire to do so because for me i find the content very lacking. Not every DLC will please every one. But I have no problem with someone expressing they didn't like a particular DLC and its content. Especially when that content is structured how it is with bounties so heavily tied to progression. I think with some tweaks the bounties could be fun. But couple their current state with less instanced content its a recipe for a meh DLC. For me atleast.

You tell him don't play. And they probably wont. I wouldnt. But that doesnt mean they can't tell us why they're tired of it.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Ok to answer the thread title question

Legion DLC, the most boring DLC ever?

My answer, not by a long shot.
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Monthly content excluded. Its pretty close. For me it might be 1.
  4. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Seems like you like to play some hot garbage content like this boring bounties, I truly hope next dlc is better than this one by a mile.

Anyway I don’t know if they can make a worse DLC even if they try, let’s resume it.

The alert is alright but a bit buggy.

Boring raid with absurd worst camera ever when tanking COUE, you don’t see anything because you have to tank very close to a wall and on top of that in a corner.

As other rôle than a tank when all the adds are on the boss you can’t even see the boss and if he is looking at you.

The 2nd boss does an invisible laser 70% of the time.

The last boss of COUE sometimes don’t spawn at all, enjoy the disband, on top of that bad groups and players use a bug that is here since 6 months where you can go back the boss after dying.

Absurd unbearable boring farm of bounties by HUNDREDS, absolutely terrible and boring I don’t know a single player that like that, totally makes no sens how many times you have to farm this trash.

Bugs in alert ,bugs in the Raid, multiple crashes, terrible buggy SM and badly designed to make you switch certain powers, totally unbalanced by the way.

New earth looks bad and generic tbh, oh yeah I say again we have to kill bounties a thousand time over and over and over and over until boredom, every day.

You grinded like CRAZY the bounties nNIIIIIICE now, you can buy these shiny elite rings, neck and weapon and op mask.

OH but wait a minute !!!!! NOW log your alt character and grind this hot trash again a thousand times to get your gear for your off role or for your alt chars, because items are overpriced ne it forces you to grind bounties that no one in the game want.

Good dlc right?

If one of the next raid the one that is a arena type could be like paradox I’d be so happy, this was one of the best raid for me, i really liked nexus of reality aswell, or prime battleground (reminds reminds)
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Did I say that?

Subjective.

Tanked elite heaps of time, zero camera issues or positioning issues

Non issue because you can do something called block when he teleports with a full red circle until you ascertain whether its laser or not which is rapidly obvious

If our measure of success is the existence of bugs then name a DLC that hasn't suffered negatively from this measurement.

A significant part of the problem with this is members of the community refusing to pace themselves and burning themselves out on bounties by binge farming feats.

See note above, name a DLC that doesn't have bugs and crashes.

SM is entirely irrelevant and is not part of the DLC.

Subjective.

Running an ALT is your choice, you don't have to get them elite gear nor do you have to farm bounties very often on an ALT, if you're attempting to max out an ALT then that's your choice, if you can't stomach the grind, stick to one character.

Subjective.
    • Like x 2
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ever since they changed the add spawn patterns it’s better to tank in the center of the back wall. I actually preferred the corner but adds will now often spawn out of range of either corner. As for camera angles, there are plenty of ways to set your angle for full visibility. I do despise how the game will mess with your camera angle after you’ve gotten how you want it, but that’s a game wide issue, not an issue with this DLC. That caused a lot more and worse issues in CTe than COUe.

As for the 2nd boss invisible beam, it still seems pretty obvious to me. After teleporting, if he’s not spinning backwards or shooting his orbital starter in to the sky, he’s most likely doing the beam. There are times when I think he’s doing the beam and he’s not but the opposite very rarely ever happens. It’s best just to be overly cautious and block for a couple seconds after every teleport.
    • Like x 2
  7. Scytthe Well-Known Player

8. Proxystar #Perception

No the first boss in COUE is fine, you just have to make sure you're controlling your camera angle as you tank, there's worse instances than this one in terms of camera restriction. It's not something particularly unique to this DLC.

I appreciate it could have been fixed, but again it's not particularly game breaking if people are simply playing with a little bit of caution, which arguably they should be doing on a skull attack anyway instead of suffering from tunnel vision and just going pew pew pew "oh what killed me"

You ask that like its a foreign question to me? I'm max CR on both roles and have numerous alts, what I don't expect to do though is have multiple "elite characters" because I know the amount of time it requires, if you're wanting to run multiple elite characters then you're going to have to accept the time sink required. This isn't a concept new to this particular DLC... However, if all you're looking for is casual regular alts they can be run with relative ease and minimal effort, all normal content can be run with no artifacts or at most level 80s and just regular drop gear, you don't even have to buy vendor gear to just plod along from DLC to DLC with next to no effort. Normal content is not even remotely difficult.
    • Like x 1
  9. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

While I do find this particular (run around in circles, kill this boss, and go this other one and go back to the first a 100 times) formula boring as heck; I think the biggest problem is that once we all do it; that's it.

Now, say a year from now, a new player joins the game, gets to that point in the story, they'll be stuck.
    There won't be many people running it, so they won't be able to properly finish it. Imagine trying to get those feats (kill this guy 30 times, 50 times or 100 times) yeah... Good luck with that!
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd have to agree it's one of the most 'boring'. First off the DLC is 1/2 the bounty spamming if not more. And say what you will about the spamming being 'good' because of it's structured times or endless farming potential (some people like these things) I doubt anyone who likes the spamming can honestly say it's 'fun' or 'exciting'. So that leaves the other content. An alert that is half cutscenes and fluff (gee...wonder if we'll make it past the 'test' this time?) and one boss fight that almost can't be wiped then another thats only mildly challenging in the Elite version (just make sure to dodge/block the 1 shot). A raid that does have some challenges, although in reg it's only the 1st boss at most and assuming you don't have issues there, you can just about sleepwalk through the 2nd and 3rd fights (Facts...I've done it). It isn't helping that the other 'current' content is also mainly the same bounty spams as Legion has. Legion has the weight of 2 DLCs worth of spamming against it, but I doubt it would matter much if this was the first time we saw it. The long duration of the DLC and running during one of the longest events we have ever had isn't helping either.

I will agree though, I pity the player who joins in 2022-23 and hits WV...somehow grinds out 100 bounties there, then comes to LLL and says 'I gotta do WHAT now?....MORE bounties?'.
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Hopefully by 2022 stats matter happened. things like grinding bounties go much faster alone or when everyone around you wipes. your the one left standing because you have the stats to carry on. which is something you worked hard for you should feel powerful. but right now you feel so little like that work means nothing without ur team
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...I don't see it. Soloing a world boss is not an issue except the timer. The timers make it so that you can't just persevere in a battle tank or battle troll loadout. Saturn girl especially will be bad as the shield phases can't be bypassed by over burning the boss, so when they pop up, you'll need to solo burn 5 or 6 adds each time...meaning way less time for knocking her down. Same with Murk in WV...you'll be spending so much time blocking the charges (as they will all be aimed at you), your burn will be cut down in 1/2...no matter how OP you are, that's going to make the fight run long. Stats can matter all they want...timers and mechanics will matter more.
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They already plan to bring more systems to dcuo and upgrade their existing systems. Which means maybe more artifact slots maybe a new pet progression system with role base pets with progression to them like artifacts. A new more meaning full gear system that makes you feel powerful if heavly invested in. Also the skill point tree is heavily underpowered. which I know for sure they will buff eventually as well as gear. if they haven't already just decided to make a whole new gear system to bring back all of the content and take loot locks away. to keep players enjoying all that dcuo has to offer and not just end game. The right new progression system for gear would also be the same gear for PVP which would bring pvp back. The idea would be grind pve to be stronger in pvp pve stats woukd be ur pvp stats
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's a lot of 'maybes'....we'll see. Personally I'm not really for those kinds of changes as it all leans on more spending...either time or money. I put plenty of both in right now. Not sure how much more I can or will invest if those kinds of things come down the pipe.
  15. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Well I'll say this much they won't stop at artifacts its an mmorpg. If you want a better game that cost money the only way for the game to get money is more progression systems. There is hardly any competitiveness in PVE the game lacks a real gear progression system and a pet progression system and skill points matter rework
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

you think bop was better?, at least we got a totally new world, it could be worse imo, glad they also made the bosses drop the secondary currency on patchwork and 31st legion, as well as only requiring 1 boss to complete the weekley, it was hell having to do all of them specially when you have alts. i find the 31st century level refreshing as a location, the worst episodes imo was the last BOP and when they had to split up WOL 3 into like 3 episodes, and we got that one section of battlezone metropolis with 1 cleanse the black lantern mission, and the one opperation, where it should of been alot bigger, once completed, the battlezone was suppose to have a section for every emotional spectrum and lantern that was apart of the WOL series, 1 through 3,

so as far as boring, nah, and as far as worst? far from. Episode blackest Night was the worst IMO just because we were promised so much when WOL was first coming out, and they had to settle with less content, to fit into episodes for the last major DLC of the 3, same with halls of power, i think they were even planning more origin crisis DLCs. but, its ok. maybe someday they will go back to larger scale dlcs, it seems that what people want. from reading posts, WOL1 and 2 are probably my favorite DLCs ever, and i really liked origin crisis , and Last Laugh, just cause it was a PVP dlc heh.

The later episodes that were larger then the smaller episodes, like the World war 1 dlc with justicesociety , was awesome great area, a weekley, bounty, and missions, that seems to be what we are getting with the "larger" scale episodes when they do them
    like Thanagar as well, very fun and cool level

i wanto see OA not just a science cell or a corridor with 3 levels of rooms with nothing. i want a actual oa and the guardians, room and city , to run missions at, maybe a new manhunter attack on oa. that would ROCK!!!!
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I would also like to note about the mechanics and how the gear system is really bad in dcuo. These is no dodge stat on gear there is no dodge stat in the sp tree the only dodge stat there is in the game is omac trinket. So dodge was intended at one point many years ago as a stat. but they just went with stun resistant and breakout resistant defense stats. which don't help with one shots not even a second chance even if you lagged or had to pick your nose while you were caged or had to pick up and team mate. I posted this on the wrong thread but it's in the right one now lol
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I'm not sure I'd like to see more quests, but I'm not against more quests, as long as they're not too long, because at the end of the day, you end up falling asleep, and even worse when the DLC is over, I'm not sure I'd like to see more quests, but I'm not sure I'd like to see more. I'm not against more quests, as long as they're not long to complete, because at the end, you end up falling asleep and worse when the DLC is out of date, it becomes complicated to find people for certain quests...

For blackest night it is not me who will judge the DLC with for theme the lantern universe, when there is one for me it is good to take, after I admit that there could have been a little more ambition!

For blackest night it is not me who will judge the DLC with for theme the lantern universe, when there is one for me it is good to take, after I admit that there could have been a little more ambition!

In terms of content, DLC 28 was the best, it only lacks 1 raid if I remember correctly.

+ 1000 :p
  19. Blight KOBRA Commander

I was not a fan because it was so skewed towards the heroes.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Where exactly has any of that even been said?
    • Like x 1