Dev Discussion GU111: Survival Mode Season 2

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Mar 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Bug:

I got loot locked out of Round 19 boss before I even reached it. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Is this one pug friendly ? Alot of the guys in my league stopped playing so if I want to do I'm going to have to pug it .
  3. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Dude like for real you are the leader of nothing here.
    Just because its too hard for you doesnt meean it should be easier, SM is perfectly fine as it is, if you cant use the tools to success in SM then move on and let people enjoy the only challenging mod in the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Sm is fine as it is, it requires you to know what you doing as a playerand as a group, the difficulty is fine, its punishing but never unfair so nothing wrong with it
    • Like x 1
  5. myandria Item Storage

Well..

Despite my misgivings, I did dip my pinkie-toe into Survival Mode. More than ever, team members need to be selected to have a 50/50 chance of getting through it. You are correct about characters under CR 310 and it explains why the few groups I queued in with (yep I pugged it) went down faster than a cold drink on a hot day. Nevertheless, I am too underequipped for SM from my gear to my skill points. Those who have experience with Elite Raids on a regular basis have the best chance of getting through all 30 levels.

So, I will just sit this out once again and let those who want that pain enjoy that pain. I'll just sit in the corner with my data chips and drink some tea and just watch.:D
    • Like x 1
  6. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Fine then, no didnt read the whole thread
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

I was in a rush and I didn't pay attention to writing properly.
    About the counters ,there is a possibility that it was lag, but I don't think so , in rounds 2, 5,6,7,8...Also it's like an alert, while in CoU E ( full raid of 8 people, more animations going on) at least 2 people can counter Shadow Trigon...
  8. Ekart Committed Player

I played with some friends. All different Leagues and no voice coordination. It can be done if people know the boss mechanics and follow them (f.e. no orbitals/supplys etc.).
  9. Inspo Active Player

My only feedback so far is that darkseid is in the way the entire Zeus fight. On top of the fact that he’s a really large character, when you have the tornados limiting how far back you can go, it would be nice if he wasn’t directly in the center of everything all the time.
  10. AJPro Committed Player

It is early on, like round two. The minotaur seems to ignore the tank and keeps running away from tank. The taunt and run at you toward chain seemed more straightforward in the original alert.
    the tank had issues, i said taunt toward chain, i switched to tank and the darn creature kept flipping around and running away from the tank...
    maybe we need advice...but weird worked opposite as in the alert
  11. CraccaGeneral Active Player

The new base items for round completions are not showing up in decoration menu if you have the same rounds from Season 1.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I am also experiencing this. I’m not sure if they look exactly the same or not but either way, my base item inventory says I only have one round 1, one round five, one round ten, etc even though I collected those base items today and have had the teophies up to round 25 from season 1.
  13. CraccaGeneral Active Player

Yeah, they are a different design this year. One of the people I ran with didn't run SM Season 1 and has the new style.
  14. metro2k Well-Known Player

it's a very bad, unplayable event.
    I can not even enter using the queue after 20 minutes detachment because no one answers.
    Very little inclusive.
  15. Caroline Dedicated Player

On R16 and 26, the boss continuoisly evades and resets its health.
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Posted in wrong thread so repost:

Went in with me healing, 331cr 200/ max everything else, tank and troll same story and a 327 munitions dps with 200 arts and max augs. All of us are 440sp min. Rounds 1 thru 3 were easy. Manta caused some issues but mostly due to not seeing his bomb on the floor. (That floor is pretty annoying, it gets funky/ warped looking as you move around) but got him. Wiped once on Johnny. Then did manta again and beat johnny next try. Tried freeze once and seems like it will be sorta easy so we decided to call it a night.

There is no way I'd think about pugging this. Our troll was the only non league mate but we run together often. All in chat otherwise no way. I can't imagine being undergeared or not communicating goes well.
    (Edit: I know myself and the munitions were first timers, troll may have also been. Forgot to ask. Hopefully this helps Mepps)

So far no lag or disconnects for anyone which is nice. Black manta may have a bug where sometimes his eye blast kills you while blockimg/ shield on and sometimes does no damage at all while blocking even unshielded. Will be back in there tonight to climb a few more rounds and report back. It is a good time and I like the difficulty.
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Can you make SM companion pets be able to be summoned permanently? I'd like having my cat by my side all the time. :3
    • Like x 1
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Survival Mode is not like any other event like a Seasonal, you're not supposed to just que in there and expect things to get done.
    • Like x 2
  19. PHNTM Well-Known Player

This.

I really hope the developers don't nerf it either. It's a good true test of communication, working as a group etc. You shouldn't be able to just go in, not know mechanics and barely discuss things with the group and progress. SM is not for everyone, it's for people to truly test their skill as a player and understanding of the game.
    • Like x 1
  20. ACLife Active Player

I experienced this as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.