Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Anybody who PvPs a lot sees it. You most likely are some of the ones that do it. Honestly, I don't blame you for it. The game is allowing for it. Problem is, at least on the PS3, it's killing PvP. At least for me and the many people I know. Groups are starting to take advantage of the form change lag on PS3 and making it almost impossible to have a match that doesn't involve players eventually lagging and in some cases actually becoming glitched because of the terror PI.

I see so many threads of people complaining about Back-ups, Sidekicks and pets, but I would honestly rather go into a match with players using those than some of the matches I've been in lately against Sorcery and Mental groups who's sole purpose is to dog or ghost you.

The root of the problem is the lag associated with form changes on the PS3. We've all experienced it. Especially the Ice players out there before U23. Whether it's Ice Armor, CC trinket, or any one of Nature's shapeshifting powers though, we've all experience that lag that in some situations can result in the death of your character or another's if you're healing.

Now that Ice Armor has been basically removed, at least the form change, a closer look needs to be taken at these other form changes. I don't know how exactly it can be fixed because as I understand it there's no real way to fix the lag we all experience on PS3. The only thing that comes to mind is to remove all form changes entirely from the game though.

I know this is the bug report section, but I believe that this is a serious bug with the system and is more serious than any complaints about pets. I'll take the pets over this current issue because I know I could always bring my own in if I want to.
    • Like x 37
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

I never found it to be "that bad". Just start pressing right bumper when your bottom tray goes blank. you pop right up pretty fast.
  3. Spidersting Committed Player

Even worse is if you get dogged and ghosted right after before you broke out of the dog you will be stuck in ghost animation for the full duration. Seems they missed this gem of a bug when they fixed the TK/HV bug. Had this happen last week on my tank.
    • Like x 6
  4. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I'm guessing you play on the PC since you said to press the "right bumper". This is more of a PS3 issue because, as I said, PC doesn't experience the lag with form changes like we do. I do know how to break out.
  5. ARI ATARI New Player

what it has done is made competitive pvp very cookie cutter.

you have to have a specific team design, specific movement modes, specific load outs and if you don't, you lose.
    • Like x 10
  6. Cadens Dedicated Player

Very true, especially in Syncs. Its too cookie cutter really.
    • Like x 3
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

I play on PS3. The right bumper is your breakout button on the PS3 controller. The second you see your bar go blank, double tap it.
  8. Potent New Player

Lol. Ok.
  9. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

lol Dude, I specifically said in the post you quoted that I know how to break out of it. I can sit there and tap on it 10 times though before I actually do though on the PS3. The guy I was responding to came across to me like it's an instant break out when it simply isn't becuase of the lag you get from form changes.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you do understand what the term controller means dont you its is not Battery its to control people and adds
  11. Cadens Dedicated Player

I dont have this issue, and being a healer, I am on the receiving end of it a lot. What internet type are you running? Im on 75mb down 10 up cable so maybe thats why? I break out very quickly as long as I time it right.

But I do see what you are saying.
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

If at a bare minimum, I interpret this thread to say "please fix transformation lag and all the nuisances that come with it" then it has my support. I don't think polymorphing in general should be removed from the game, even though its impact on PvP might be worth looking at, e.g. player control immunity windows.
    • Like x 8
  13. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

As much as I'm sure you understand that there's crowd control and then there's taking advantage of a system flaw, this one being lag between form changes. Why do you think they took Ice Armor form change out of the game? Please come back with something constructive to say instead of simple minded trolling. (In this case, I mean the kind of troll that makes smart comments and doesn't add to the discussion with any actual intelligent remarks.)
  14. Potent New Player

What does this have to do with transformation lag?
  15. Aqua New Player

Wonder how long before this one gets ugly, gonna spare you all a wall of text and just agree with Atari.
  16. Cadens Dedicated Player

With all of the immunity in the game, its actually a lot harder to be transformed. The dog is much easier than the ghost.
  17. xDecap New Player

break outs from the ghost dog take about 5 seconds in 5v5 matches... well the break out is fast, its the transformation back to your character thats the problem... because you cannot do anything except pop a soda, and the pvp trinket doesnt help any.... people are only sorcery and mental because they wish to create this helplessness in arenas... other wise they would be gadgets (photon) or nature/electric (transcendence blows)... almost every team now has a mental and sorcery
    • Like x 2
  18. Potent New Player

I personally see them removing it though.
    I don't think they can fix it(seeings as they simply removed Ice Armor)
    Without the lag, Ghosting/Dogging is pretty much worthless. You could get the same results from any CC effect(forcing breakout).
    Before Megaservers, nobody Polymorphed or Ghosted(because you'd just breakout immediately.
    • Like x 1
  19. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

The immunities you get from counters and interrupts do not prevent you from being dogged or ghosted.
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

Ghosting is fantastic in PvE.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.