Announcing New Episode: World of Flashpoint

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Turambar13 New Player

As a player with admittedly limited knowledge of the DC comic universe, will this episode actually tell a story that can be understood? The last episode was garbage, almost umplayable as it made absolutely no sense to me. It was like they presented a comic's 3rd, 8th, 15th and last pages and said "here is the story!" None of the missions linked to the others in any meaningful way and huge chunks of the story, like the parts that explained what is going on, were missing.
    Not hard to do but I really hope this episode is more fun than the last. I know a little about what Flashpoint is from the TV shows but again, not exactly an expert so would appreciate some effort being put in to making this episode make sense.
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I'll say they forgot to mention artifacts. Mepps probably was in a rush to post the DLC announcement before 3pm today and man did he get it in on the 3pm deadline.
    • Like x 1
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

There will be artifacts. Details on those to come.
    • Like x 9
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Nice!!!
  5. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

If artifacts are to be included with ever single new episode the rate of leveling them up needs to be drastically improved. Sorry to be so blunt, but leveling artifacts is just simply atrocious, especially the RNG in the breakthroughs. The Artifact XP drops needs to be with every single enemy kill, all made fully tradeable, and with higher XP point values (like the orange colored ones that sometimes drop in vault, and higher. Bosses could drop the higher orange ones). The breakthrough RNG needs to go and all breakthrough items made fully tradeable. The artifact leveling rate is horrible and it's unfriendly to both alts and new players, as well as player retention. I can guarantee you some new players left after they realized how much time/and or money is needed to level the 3 to 6 needed for end-game DPS/Support Roles. I have temporarily stopped playing myself. And never going to touch an alt because of artifacts (and feats).
    • Like x 7
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

by 2 raids, is it really 2 different raids? This does not refer to 1 raid in normal and elite version ?
    • Like x 1
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

2 different raids. We've never counted different difficulty modes as different pieces of content.
    • Like x 3
  8. possessed New Player

Any chance we could get any information on the SM rewards any time soon?. Don't mean to be rude , just curious.
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Games first elite Duo?
    • Like x 1
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Sounds great count me All the way In.
  11. Wonder0926 New Player

YESSSSS! I think flashpoint wonder woman's style could use a rework tho, the texture of it looks kinda outdated comparing to other enhanced styles, and her helmet doesn't display hair either...Or her style in flashpoint animated movie also looks good
  12. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

do we get some new villian sytles now or is it just something for heroes again ?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

PLEASE I love DCUO so.... NO MORE OPEN WORLD BOSS FIGHTS WITH SECONDARY MARKS. It's too tedious and time consuming and noone wants to spend hours upon hours in there killing 100 bosses for 1 item they want just to turn around have have to kill 200 for the next item. It makes the game more like work than fun. It gets boring after the first 10 rounds of them.
    • Like x 5
  14. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

thats true
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Now That's an episode I'm looking forward to! :D
  16. Go Diva New Player

Chance of seeing Flashpoint Godiva? Maybe getting her hairstyle?
  17. Knavion Level 30

It looks like we will have a great 40th Episode. I am in hype to watch it!
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

Best to read Charon's replies in the thread before assuming things. No secondary currency or open world bosses. Just regular bounties like before WV and like in Anniversary.
    • Like x 3
  19. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Hope they won't show us the same locations and characters. Hope they will add new power! :)
  20. Corsair X Well-Known Player

Honestly, Cyborg is the main hero for most of it. As for the styles we already have dozens of those styles inspired by AquaMan< WW< Bat Man. We even have 2 versions of Cyborgs style. I hope we get a Grifter, Cricket, Frankenstein, and other non main role styles