Light Powerset needs to option of color change , READ DONT HATE great idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PlasticManWithAplan, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

no
  2. Ken Spartan Committed Player

No, it's just a lazy attempt to emulate other lantern corps, and the powers were designed to be will and fear. This is the reason I wanted them to specifically say will and fear during character creation, like in the description, so that easily confused, or ignorant, people would realize that. To simply force such different corps' powers to act like that of one corps is lazy, and a slap to the face of those who are fans, or knowledgeable enough to know the difference.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

To answer this no. DC Entertainment will never allow it. And DC is about lore we cannot change our rings colors like a flat tire. We just have to live with the ones we are given and be happy they at least gave us that.
    • Like x 1
  4. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I honestly don't think that Indigo is neutral. Even if they put the style in game for both factions I honestly think that goes against lore because pretty much when the Indigo ring get's put on you, you get flooded with Compassion making you a hero. I disagree with making them neutral as I disagree with them making the Star Sapphire gear Female only, Cheetah American, The Amazon and Wonder Woman gear for both genders etc.

However over all I don't think this is a bad idea for Hard Light. My biggest request is for a Star Sapphire power for both genders and both factions as well as Star Sapphire gear for Men. I posted earlier a similar idea for the Valentine's Day seasonal to make a Hard Light power mode variation for Star Sapphires as well as gear inspired by John Stewart and Carol Ferris's New 52 Star Sapphire outfits even though I would also like them simply adding a Male version to the Heart of the Predator. However I would be fine with my idea. However I would be fine with Star Sapphire as a power either as a Hard Light variation or as a Lantern Healer power which I think we also need.
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i would rather see HL get a damage buff to put it more in line with other powers ,right now HL is 1 of the lowest dps powers ,i think only electric is lower
  6. Rammy Well-Known Player

Last year someone photoshopped some lantern powers into star sapphire colors. Even though Mepps didn't outright say no he did say they have to stay faithful to the source material. As far as I know both blue and indigo lanterns can't make constructs without help from other corps. Indigo lanterns also have staves instead of rings. Even though I like the idea, I very much doubt it will happen.

Here's the link to that thread if you wanna see the photoshopped pic. They were kinda nice.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...apphire-addition-to-hard-light-powers.228416/
  7. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

You inspired me to making mah own thread about coloring non-light powers
  8. Agnetta Dedicated Player

#BuffHL2016
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

You goto understand though man.. this is just a style in a way... so thats another thing to look at.. and Light being the more universal constructs . it works if dc allows it. you dont have to say it doesnt work for the lore cause all the other powers dont get pinned with lore set backs and no no's , after taking away that we are green lantern deputies that makes it possible.. im all for it. and hope it gets put in... and then they can call it a day with lantern powers and stuff.... wont have to worry about adding a lantern healer power... or anything , maybe somemore energy weapon construct set colors. but after that , Theyre done with lantern stuff for the power wise. so feel how ever you want about this. if you truly understand where im coming from and everyone ive explained this too in TS and Vent agrees. but everyone has an opinion. and thats the way it should be . there will be people that just dont like the idea. but thats ok. CHEERS
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

Yes this was LONG ago when Fight for the Light first came out and the only lantern symbol we could have was the Sweatshirts , sinestro corp and Green lantern corp. there wasnt even allowed a Green aura... Now after WOL1 dc sees what a success it is.. we have the Green nimbus which is essentially the Emerald green aka color of Light rings and Green lantern rings. and constructs. also we have the yellow nimbus which is a pure yellow aura matching sinestro. but alot of the main sinestro corp villains are different shades of yellow and black/blue on theyre suits... for instance... ya u have Sinestro, Pure Yellow aura and pure yellow suit along with pure black . Then you have Amon Sur. who has a Golden aura. with more of a Amber Color yellow. and Blackish blue. 000002 is his suits blackish color. and all the Sinestro corp lackys are the same as Amon sur except theyre auras are kinda shimmers...

Anyway, yes they did say that a long time ago. but alot has changed and were given alot more... like i said auras... construct weapon sets.. who knows what dc will say , you can say they will just shoot the idea down. we have all these lantern slimlines also. so the game is different then it was when light first arrived, Lantern stuff is a big money maker for DC and daybreak atm, so no one knows really what they will say.. CHEERS, thx for the feedback
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

that could have been an option but in the begining of the game ,, there was no way DC was gonna allow this. being the power isnt even Green lantern will power or Fear power techniacally anymore. and thats alot more v memory taken away. and the more u use.. the less PS3 users get in theyr copy of the game. and they are almost at the end of they're rope when it comes to getting powers added. somethings goto give with the ps3's compatability with newer power updates and dlcs... episodes w/e... cause in the long run the PC and ps4 users are gonna miss out of awesome updates if they keep keeping stuff simple so it works on the ps3. mmos are meant to get bigger. get updated. get graphics updates. and the ps3 just cant handle much more, but the ps4 is a beast , basically a pc , i hooked a keyboard and mouse upto one and its just like my computer in a way. anyway.

yea ring as a weapon is a good idea. but . they would have had to go a totally different way with all the powers to do that. good idea but not happening
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Except, the Lanterns and their colours is lore, you can't just suddenly have Sinestro suddenly blasting Red energy or Hal Jordan constructing Blue HL constructs
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

I like it, i do. I am one of the biggest Lantern Corp fans out there. I wear all my rings proudly. In our eyes, its just a style color and we can choose our own color for Hard Light to make it unique. But I also see the reason why DC/WB wont allow this at this time. If it comes, great, not like Im gonna say no to it. But Im not holding my breathe cause it's going to take a LOT of convincing for it to come. Remember even if they got rid of the Deuptizing and all, Hard Light is still based off of allowing folks the Power of the Greens and Sinestro Corps. DC/WB probably doesnt want folks using Hard Light and changing a color to Orange since (according to this Earth at least) only one can truly wield the power of the Orange Light. DC/WB probably look at the colors as property as well since its all tied to the Spectrum.

Again, I wouldnt mind it. I would probably change colors as well if it was available. But I also see why its not allowed.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But one thing that has remained the same is that the devs have not changed their position on allowing powers to be recolored, nor have they shown any indication that they will allow power color changes of any kind any time soon.

Keeping the powers at their original colors has always come across as a design decision more than an aesthetic mandate from DC, as one of the main reasons they mentioned was combat messaging. Light is the only exception because of the different colors for each faction. All other powers are locked into their colors, and they held pretty firm with definitive statements about Atomic's power color when the color was revealed and the "green/orange" debates began. So that means an uphill battle to begin with.

DC and their protective nature (especially towards Lantern-themed stuff) just makes that climb steeper.

I'm not saying it's an impossible fight, because stranger things have happened. But this isn't an instance of one company in the mix saying "No." From all indications it's both companies saying no, for their own reasons. As harsh as it sounds, folks are going to need more than a "well they allowed this and this in the past" argument to win this particular battle with the companies.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I couldn't have said it any better.
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually the Indigo Tribe does have rings their staves are their power batteries. Honestly Indigo would be a hard power to make as it pretty much requires you to use staves.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ken Spartan Committed Player

The staves house their power batteries, so they don't really need them. They can operate without them, but they need to keep track of them to charge their rings. Speaking of the rings, they have their own pocket dimensions, so it is possible to store the batteries there, so long as you haven't imprisoned an opponent within already.
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

they have rings. they just use staffs too. is what i thought. but i havent looked into it too much. the new 52 stuff. all the corps have rings. star saphires use to have a saphire jewel on their heads. now they have rings. and indigo lanterns have rings too. but they do use staffs and the constructs come out of their staffs. so i dunno
  19. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I like the idea of color change. Please make this happen!!
  20. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Inevitably has to happen or else they'll have to add fully new and variant powersets.

And for those saying "there's only a few Blue Lanterns," or "there's only one Orange Lantern," on comic book Earth-Prime, you'd be right. DCUO isn't comic book Earth-Prime however. All characters with Light and Rage powersets were emergancy deputized and given special rings with limited abilities compared to the fully inducted corps members and their standard rings. That's literally the game's lore. That's why there's a TON of Blue Lanterns, Red Lanterns, and Star Sapphires, even though there were only a handful of each in the comics. The deputization protocol in the power rings allows for as many or as few extra Lanterns as the game and its story needs to have.

Furthermore, Larfleeze and his orange ring aren't exempt from this protocol. That's how we got Orange Lantern Lex Luthor in the first place.

Further, furthermore, before you go telling me that blue rings only work with green rings, let me first point out some things. One, we're in a game that is absolutely saturated with Lanterns. There's more than enough Lanterns on Earth at the time of this game to unlock the fullness of the blue ring's abilities, and arguably enough nearby in the extraterrestrial content to do so as well, even if you don't have one in your immediate solo, duo, alert, or raid. If that isn't enough for you, Sinestro proved that Saint Walker and his blue ring could fulfill the same functionality with yellow rings as with green rings during the New 52 Sinestro title.

Furtherestmore, while yes, the Indigo Tribe are the "good guys," their moral compass doesn't exactly point North. They routinely use lethal force to perform mercy killings on those who are beyond healing or helping, and also to execute victimizers to stop the further harm of their victims. They do all this in the name of compassion. Honestly, that seems about the same moral gray as Poison Ivy.
    • Like x 1