Test Discussion Damage Supercharge Balance - Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I think one thing that we all fail to realize is that the artifact meta is still very young, too young to confidently nerf anything since there’s the possibility of new artifacts coming out that can create new builds that’ll be on par with the current metas. If you nerf something now, and something just as strong comes out later, then you’re essentially just birthing another cycle of “nerf this” threads
    • Like x 2
  2. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Let's call it what is......this is an EOG spam nerf. Period. Healer shield nerf came because of EOG, now the DPS SC nerf is because of EOG. Can't change the Artifact because people will go bananas so they're changing the SC's. This one Artifact is changing hoe we play and altering some fundamental parts to accommodate it. They created an Artifact too powerful and they're trying adjust but the real question is how the thought that players would constantly spam the 2500's to feed the group didn't come up before release.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

It seems to me that making 10000 supers much stronger than the others, while at the same time decreasing the cool downs on the damage 2500 supers is unlikely to discourage eye of Gemini spam.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

I messed around with grand summoning a bit & I have to completely agree with AV's findings. & not only are they static as he puts it (immune to buffs, artifacts, unable to crit etc) they can also be constantly cc or even worse,, ko'ed removing the little damage they do already. The only two things I can see that can help it are to increase the damage exponentially to cover this (in my opinion, at least 2.5 times stronger than it is now) or reduce it to a 5k supercharge again with a smaller increase in damage. Otherwise, its not even a point to have the supercharge in the game anymore.

I'm also debating (leaning towards yes) on whether baleful should be increased since its a dot that works like overheat there is a big chance to lose the majority of your damage if a boss (who will likely spawn adds) jumps from the tank (per mechanic) as we have seen a lot before.

For fireball barrage; its a projectile based supercharge that has a high possibility to not hit all the enemies or miss completely if you're outside of melee range. I think its pretty safe if we increase this as well based on risk vs reward lol.
    • Like x 5
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

I also feel electric's circuit breaker should have its duration reduced a bit & its buff increased
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

A (possible) alternative that i would like to experiment with is if the buff & duration remains as it is, then also increase the players' critical attack chance & magnitude in addition to the buff.
    • Like x 1
  7. L T Devoted Player

Grand Summoning parsed in-line with the other 10,000 damage-over-time supers... until you factored in that it can't crit (so 25% less damage on average there) and the damage is done over 30 seconds instead of 6-12. I think GS needs a damage buff in the 30-35% range from where it is.

Sadly, there's a few Supercharges in that category. But the update isn't over yet so let's give our feedback and be patient.

Baleful parsed around the same as Whirlpool, Blizzard, and Asphixiation Gas for me.

I agree completely. In fact, in my opinion Fireball Barrage and Mental's Bolt Barrage both need a serious (I'd say 30% ish) buff at this point to balance out being projectiles. Fireball Barrage's damage on live currently take projectile effects into account (along with other abilities like Soul Barrage).
    • Like x 3
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

I think those are agreeable values, if we do view gs as a pseudo dot, but the thing that has me concerned & have to test when they hopefully do buff it is that its a pseudo dot that can be cc/ko'ed after spending 10k supercharge.

Yeah, they're pretty close in the best case scenario. I guess the thing that has me debating is its aoe dot behaves differently from those in the worse case scenario. Whirlpool & Blizzard can still tic on adds but baleful is kind of inside a single target (hope I described that well) that radiates the damage, but if that target jumps from the adds like some bosses do your aoe is running from where you'll get your most damage.

Yes mental definitely can use some love there too!

Yeah you're right, im trying to stay out of panic mode with an open mind lol.
  9. TheEnquirer Active Player

Grand Summoning should most definitely have some sort of damage bonus, considering the fact that there are no crits from those pets, they are outdated, they can be cc'ed, they receive no buffs, AND they can be ONE SHOT by a simple mechanic such as Mordru using the rolling purple balls, or Trigon's projectile. Also Grand Summoning just needs to be reworked in general. It was a nice concept back when I'm sure those pets (Guardian, Watcher, Fury) in combination had some utility, but clearly those days have long past. There is no reason a DPS should have to use a multi-role, jack-of-all-trades supercharge to dps with.
    • Like x 5
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Not counting the Buff troll and Amulet meta most groups are running
    • Like x 1
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

It would be cool if they let us spawn 3 furys in dps, or at least 2 furys & a guardian lol.
    • Like x 3
  12. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

As a fire user I had always noticed that compared to volcanic calamity the base damage of fireball barrage seemed high. I just wanted to say it's hard in live content to actually get fireball barrage off safely and accurately. You basically have to be melee range, not only that but if its a group of 3 ads and 2 are slightly off to the side you might lunge into melee range and only hit one of the three targets. In elite content you pretty much can't use it except in hallways. I just feel like it has a lot of risks to it along with the chance to completely miss that balance out is current damage and if you nerf it as much as proposed I truly think you'll see zero percent usage. Unless the goal is to make every fire dps switch to neo venom I think this one needs another look.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

None of those affect pets. Literally nothing buffs pets except for source shard. Cookies seem to help maybe? But gs is terrible for all those reasons. Even completely useless for a source build because you could be buffing watcher instead of fury.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

Yea ik. That was my point
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol sorry, stuffing my face with tacos. Always forget you're sorcery user too.
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

At the very least, grand summoning pets need higher health pools. Making them unkillable would be best but maybe not possible. At least they aren't as sad as rsk I guess lol. That thing is just comical at this point. But don't wanna side track. 9% increase and 10k cost= gs is still extremely useless.
    • Like x 1
  17. Vulpar Well-Known Player

Infuriate (Rage)
    • (OLD) Increase critical chance (25%) and critical damage (45%)to your self and gain CC immunity for 8 seconds. Apply healing proc on self and allies.
    • (NEW) Increase critical chance (10%) and critical damage (25%) and gain CC immunity for 8 seconds for you and your allies. Apply healing proc on self and allies.
    25 -> 10
    45 -> 25
    That's a nerf. Unless what you mean is that everyone else will be weaker with you?
    • Like x 1
  18. Vulpar Well-Known Player

So, about that nerf... What about this is a revamp? Circuit Breaker got similar treatment with a few percentages being changed but it didn't count as a revamp, but Infuriate's changes do. What's different? If the "revamp" is because it fills the same niche as Berserk, why is the solution to nerf them both but change the mechanics of neither?
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It would be nice to get clarification from the developers (well, or someone who will test this change in the group) increase to the critical chance and critical damage for the whole group, or for the group only immunity (the old version is only for ourselves, if in the new strengthening for the group, then we have very "interesting" version of the buff-rage build ...) ...
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Ok, I checked, in the new version the whole group gets the buff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.