Announcing the Community Style Initiative!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Community Style Initiative

Hello style enthusiasts! We are thrilled to announce the new community style initiative, where we invite you to vote for a gear suit style and then see it made.

Most styles in the game come themed with an episode or a seasonal event, but there are many styles and characters that have not fit into either of those yet or in a while. Many of those styles would be epic in the game, you have asked for them, and now we plan to deliver. This is in addition to the styles you are used to seeing throughout the year.

While working on this style, we also want to invite you inside the studio to really see how gear suits get made. It won't be a spoiler or subject to as much change because you are going to vote for it at the outset, and that really unties our hands.

On the topic of voting, here's how we expect this to work:
    1. Call for suggestions! We will open up an official forum thread for anyone and everyone to suggest characters or costumes for us to make.
    2. Options! We will take the suggestions and narrow them down to about ten options - based on popularity, feasibility, our current plans, and DC approval.
    3. Polling! Then, we will conduct a series of polls where you get to vote on what style the collective community wants most.
    4. Work In Progress! Finally, we will get to making the suit, and keep you in the loop every step of the way.
    One thing to note: a *lot* of work and time goes into creating styles, and this work will be done in between our other responsibilities. That is to say, this whole process will take months and months, but it should be an intriguing journey for us all. We hope you will join us!
    • Like x 12
  2. Eve YouTuber

This is a great idea, thank you so much for doing that! Does the old thread still count? So many styles were requested there, and Megzilla made a list of some if not all of the styles requested.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have all of that information to use in conjunction with new suggestions. We would still like to get a fresh batch specifically for this process.
    • Like x 3
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

How long is the suggestion phase?
  5. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

6. Knavion Level 30

Sounds so cool! It is very good and it is also appreciated that the players can also have initiative when it comes to new ideas or aspects for the game. Thanks for it and greetings!
    • Like x 2
  7. Owlman Earth 3 Level 30

great news
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

About one week.
    • Like x 3
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Whatever chest style picked needs to have the ability to put a emblem on it . We have so many emblem styles but very few chest styles that we can put any on .
    • Like x 1
  10. OmnipotentAthena New Player

Athenas Sandals and Ares helmet would be a nice thing to add
  11. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Love this idea but can you also do this for Hairstyles and Individual Style pieces and not necessarily a full set?
    • Like x 1
  12. Grifint New Player

I would like to see a new Shazam symbol that doesn’t look like a arrow and a new Superman suit and a Shazam and green lantern suits
  13. Bynnod PSN New Player

Classic Batman
    A chest style with no attached hands with a LARGE emblem. Would also work for several iconics including Superman.
    I really love the Nabu's Chosen cape, but the collar makes it harder for a lot of characters. A cape with similar fullness and flow that had dags at the bottom and wrapped around the neck a bit more would be perfect.
    Or, a shoulder style like the Victorian Detective Cowl (from last year's Halloween event) that connects the head piece to the cape, only a little more slimline and gives the wrap around cape feel without hitting the emblem.
    A cowl that has tall ears and a mouth.
    A slimline Gauntlet with 3 fins.
    One of the many Batman emblems that we haven't seen yet.
  14. Nuhsek New Player

We need more short sleeve options
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Thank you. This is an excellent idea and I totally appreciate it since a lot of my wants for styles don’t reallly have a cohesive way of putting it into an episode.
    if this all works out well I hope it will become an annual or like every other year thing.
    At the same time though, an equally big part of me is stressed because deep down I’m worried my ideas won’t get enough community support. Lol
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Individual styles would be great. Even if it’s a vault drop or non-feat addition. Like...well this is the wrong thread so I’ll try to find a way to put it in my requests in the other one.
  17. Merciless Knight New Player

I’d love to see a genuine Darkseid omega armor style!
    • Like x 1
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

What if we wanted our own style and not try and copy another Hero or villain costume to look like them? I always thought we suppose to be our hero or villains, the new generation?
  19. ReedSpacer New Player

I would be interested to see some sort of randomizer, ie picking a random style mixup from the list of unlocked styles. could easily lead to finding over-all style combinations that might have been missed when picking styles. could also save time for people that like to keep switching styles regularly, but don't want to spend so much time in the style tab.
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player