Left Hand Power Ring?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Knavion, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Knavion Level 30

I don't know if it will be something with a lor of fidelity to DC Comics. But I think it wold be awesome for DCUO players to have a Left Hand Power Ring as a new Accessory for exemple.
    In this way so the players with Light / Rage Power also could perfect their classic armory style, owning the same ring and emblem. Combining two Lantern styles.

[IMG]

The Left Hand Power Rings could be:

Violet Left Hand Power Ring
    Blue Left Hand Power Ring
    Orange Left Hand Power Ring
    Indigo Left Hand Power Ring
    Black Left Hand Power Ring
    White Left Hand Power Ring

What do you think?
    Greetings!
    • Like x 9
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I actually think it's a great idea. Thumbs up
    • Like x 5
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

I’d change to HL or even rage if this happened
    • Like x 3
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I would LOVE this for my toons that are Lanterns other than Green, Yellow, or Red and are using stand-in powers (ie water for Blue Lantern). I'd also just love to see an ability to make your toon left handed in general for that extra bit of variety and personality.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I run a Star Sapphire League and my main is Mental.

I would like a Violet Ring pls.
    • Like x 3
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

That's the same thing I used for my Violet Lantern/Star Sapphire! For Indigo I'm using celestial cursed, though I need to level her to where she gets cursed abilities, still just has blessed so far.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering the lore you'd be tapping into with this particular idea, you'd definitely be talking about this being a "DC has to approve" situation. That's not exactly a low bar to clear.
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

already made tons of posts with this exact idea for a couple years since kyle rayner appeared,
    • Like x 2
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

This was from 2015, the speedforce ring addition, really helps the chances of a Lantern flight ring/ re color of LIGHT powers on the points of from Green light, say someone with superspeed, they put on a blue ring, they would be given flight, and the construct colors would be changed to the same colors as NPC blue lanterns, and having 3 rings for heroes, and 3 rings for villains, villains, getting orange, heroes blue, but both can buy the Violet/indgio rings, being those corps are neutral in most ways, but blue is on the Hero side , and greed is on no ones side but that leads towards the villain rollplay factor.

you might ask. how would the ring work on someone with water, or fire, electric, and all the other None Light powers.

IMO it should only give the user flight, still up in the air on if i think the ring should show up. i dont think it should , should strickly be a flight ring, because it has to do something, and it being more for a Lantern fan/player, for the style, it would just change light, and rage is rage, that wouldn't change, being the Rage powers are specific to rage and you could'nt have a blue lantern puking, period heh, maybe the ring color could change, but the constructs on rage should not change.

now. keeping all this in mind,

with the newer Movement style tab, adding the lantern flight styles and other stuff,

Add a Powerset style tab, and just do the same thing by equiping the ring in the powerset style. it would not give flight but would do the LIGHT construct changes in color and ring color, everything else stands, it wouldn't work for any other power. but that leaves other powersets out. so.. thats why i thought the ring of flight would be a great idea....
    • Like x 1
  11. Mystyfy Level 30

Another workaround would be to make these rings as an artifact. Collect the ring you want and unlock powers and abilities tied to that ring with each main breakthrough. They already have an artifact that grants a power, so the foundation is there. The powers can be pulled from legends, so there isn't much work involved.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I suggested that in the past and this is probably the best solution. It would blanket players wanting a "Blue Lantern" powerset without having to create a full powerset:

80: Blue Power Ring animation, 2 blue construct superpowers
    120: 2 additional blue construct superpowers for a total of four superpowers
    160: 2 blue construct supercharges for a total of six superpowers
    200: Buffs/Adjustments to the above.
  13. Knavion Level 30

Yes, I know it. For this reason I started my post with this text: "I don't know if it will be something with a lor of fidelity to DC Comics."

Greetings
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yep and they can introduce new powersets with assigned loadouts using Artifacts as well.
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

The artifact idea could work, but that would be a very different artifact then what they have , most have an ability and add stats/effects in combat, making an artifact turn a Light power , yellow and green, to , heroes blue/violet/indgio, and Villains from yellow to orange/violet and indgio, if they made a artifact for these, in the state of the way artifacts work, maybe it could change the ring color, and the attack would be a construct of the color you have chosen, which is probably not the best idea , not as much bang for your buck as you could get out of this.
    This idea, and these new tabs, getting more and more styles, movement style, accessory, materials, there already are some things they have done with the lantern movement styles/look. i just feel like with the legion flight ring, and now the flash ring, and at the beginning of the game we have the vault armor items, of 3 movements, the Batarmored gloves for acrobatics. the joker jetpack for flight, "very very rare one" and the least rare the old fationed looking flash boots, that give you superspeed, but the level on them is level 1, with no stats at all, so they are only for look.
    the flash ring/legion rings are great, and i don't know i just see the options with those, even if they just add the style to the accessory or a new style tab, and making the 5 colors, 4 for each side, is the best option, and least effect on stats you can go, so it would be fair . cause they could do a different kind of ring for acrobatics for i dunno, a joker gadgets style, or batman , "even more batman inspired " then it is. just feels right.

everyones ideas are great, i like that we can finally have this discussion and it could actually happen. Cheers to everyone who has contributed any thoughts negative or positive to these types of threads, cause that's what it takes to get this stuff done, we show interest.

Mr NegativeSpeedforce
    • Like x 1
  16. Jaelia Committed Player

+1000 lol I’m literally a star sapphire, so yes hopefully developers would consider this as an accessory.
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So long as you're aware, then. :) More often than not folks seem to forget or ignore that detail, so I wish you luck.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yes please.
    • Like x 2
  19. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I would LOVE this!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

well. the DCUO lore is kind of a multiverse planet cultasack of itself, do to the Exobytes, so creating the Emotional spectrum powers. at first, they had to call it LIGHT, or Hard Light is what players call it, but the rings work different, in this game and aren't canon to the main Comic line, i mean they could make a couple books on stories within this game, not saying that won't or hasn't or can't happen, but The Guardians, created the Light Power rings to be used temporarily by non exobyte infused individuals, yes the the Light powers and Rage are not exobyte powers. they are temporary rings, Sinestro and the guardians, made the Light power rings with pre installed imitators for the user.
    the rage ones are similar, i am not sure if the players blood is turned into plasma they kind of went away from that i think, do the violence, and death cause by removing the ring of rage, so just making it tap into your rage like the willpower and fear ones do only. its very interesting and kinda cool how it works. thats why every player has the same constructs it makes that make sense and the Light/rage users are not permnant members of the corp, just Temp recruits to help with the exobyte war.
    This goes perfect and doesn't go against the idea for accessories or style items to change the color of LIGHT , and the flight and superspeed rings already exist, so that is another Plus, along as i said with the original movement altering armor pieces from the vault origin days.

so yes. it works with what DC allows from what we understand, believing this even more as more stuff is being opened up to use for the players to choose, with the new anniversary vendor items, "basically the money shot of items everyone wanted" that are flash fans" and the Light/rage weapon styles added around 2015, all the suits/ emblems, it's almost crazy if they don't do the light altering style. in some way.
    • Like x 1