Does anyone else feel that dcuo powers are boring now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oceanly, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Oceanly Well-Known Player

Every power from Nature to Quantum feels boring now its sad when a free power (Sorcery) is considered fun in a mostly p2w game it's just the powers are bland something that could make powers more fun is that were able to change our powers colors like making Celestial red great for a Scarlet Witch Iconic or just to make it more fun like actually having the power rings be other than red yellow or green and its not like we haven't seen other powers have different colors Mera water is Green and Orm's is Purple and i would love to have a power color changer system or another thing that how pop legends powers are add them to a power that would work add Doctor Fate powers to Celestial or Circe's to Sorcery to make powers have more variety but alas...... we would probably never get anything like this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Boring and Quantum? That's an oxymoron I thought I'd never read.
    • Like x 2
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Myself, im fine with Sorcery #dayonesorcery, but yea they could use some new powers. But they mentioned its not in the cards...for now...
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Setting aside all the usual "they've never budged on allowing us to color powers in the entire time the game's been live" and the "DC approval would probably be necessary especially with Light/Rage" points that are roadblocks to power recoloring, there's this little detail to deal with:

Being able to recolor a power set isn't going to magically make it better to play.

If the underlying mechanics of a power set don't appeal to you, then adding a new coat of paint isn't going to make a difference. It's going to look different but it's not going to play different. In the end it'll still be the same power set that feels boring to play.
    • Like x 2
  5. Oceanly Well-Known Player

i never said it would be magical to play i said i would love it i never said you would have to or it would make it funner for you people never agrees on everything thats why i said I would love it
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

My advice (not good one if you don’t wanna spend all your money) is to have a rotation of powers. Basically switch powers after a certain amount of time. Not ideal unless you have the time and resources to dedicate towards roles, artifacts and all of that. But it definitely does help a lot whdn you get bored.

Adding colors to your powers won’t exactly change the outcome in my eyes. If Nature was boring green. I don’t think red or pink plants will change that.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'll admit I could have left out "magically in my original comment, probably wasn't the best word choice.

But my point still stands. Recoloring a power set isn't going to make it better or less boring if you find playing the power set to be either poor or boring. It's just gonna make it look different.

Being able to recolor Fire or Celestial power effects isn't going to make me more likely to play the power set because I don't find any appeal in how they work. Ultimately how the powers work is going to have more lasting appeal over how they look.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So this isn't about actual gameplay adjustments, just the visuals?
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

It’d be nice to see a new power drop or even just new abilities added to the current ones.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have a gadgets hero and a gadgets villain. It’d be cool if I could colour the villain’s gadgets vfx to be a different colour, like red or something.
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

Yes, the gameplay is UBER repetitive. No one uses weapon combos, we keep spamming the same boring rotation over and over.
    That's pretty messed up for an action mmo.
    We lack options to create our own, fun and unique loadout tray.
    We could use new powerful weapon combos, new habilities or new iconic powers.
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

Ever since I started playing this game and made a new toon after being a member which is my main, I chose Quantum cause it looked pretty to me. I don't plan to ever switch my power, I love Quantum in all the ways it works, and will never get boring to me.

It probably does help that I'm already a person who never really gets bored.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With the number of weapons, powers (sets, Iconic and movement), Artifacts, Mainframe options, pet choices and mods available in the game, any boredom coming from spamming one single rotation or following of any sort of "must have/meta" loadout falls on the players.

We have plenty of choices and options available to us. Weapon and power choices alone provide a pretty hefty number of possible combinations, and adding all the other aspects of the game that I mentioned increases the number of combinations available. Whether or not a player chooses to explore all those options is entirely up to them, but it IS the player's choice.
    • Like x 4
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Agree, I have changed weapons multiple times over the years and sometimes in the middle of spamming bounties I will switch up my loadouts for the sake of doing something different. Why, one time I abandoned Green Lantern powers all together and decided to see how I would do with nothing but iconic and movement powers. Yeah that plan lasted about...a day. lol
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Not always. I particularly miss some of mentals original animations. The constant tentacles/"spaghetti head" was particularly annoying. Very happy that element was reworked. Wouldn't be bad to be able to have a little flexibility in this area. I'm sure it could be monetized...One of my alts has a powerset very similar to what hard light is in game except he isn't a green lantern. Rage could potentially work for him as well but again...he isn't a red lantern. that dark eyed rage look just isn't him. If I could get hard light colored red its the power he would be. In this case I can live with it as he's technically toon #7...

I am feeling a bit of the bore. I would prefer to see something done to make all the powers we have now a little more exciting than anything else.

Without it being artifact related.
    • Like x 1
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

It would be good to have new skills for the powers, it could allow more freedom to build, because for certain powers, we always have the same bar/spell, novelty would be welcome and it could perhaps even be used to complete certain things that would be lacking in such power!
  17. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I'm not bored in that sense but something new in the visual aspects of powers department is definitely needed. Something fresh to entertain us besides the usual styles or content.

I think if they can't commit to a full tree powerset, they should develop individual superpowers/iconic powers instead. They don't necessarily have to be new and unique in terms of function and mechanics but just visually different to appeal the desire of "New" powers. People would eat that up tbh.
  18. Oceanly Well-Known Player

atleast i could be cute with my Sakura Nature power
  19. Jaelia Committed Player

Ugh been we need some new ones or atleast make them customizable.
  20. Eve YouTuber

I'm all up for new powers, but I'm not bored with powers. I really don't enjoy Electricity though, but I'm always having fun with Nature on my main.